SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

13 minutes ago, leizar said:

I just tried to save it and it did work and there were no errors in it, although I didn't run CK trough MO2 (as they are setup to overwrite mod now instead putting everything in to overwrite folder). So I had to copy esp in to steam data folder, open CK normally (not through MO2), load save. I deleted generated facegen (meshes and textures). Opened saved esp in xEdit and there were no errors.

I noticed though that alternate start alters navmeshes so maybe this is it? I had CK crashes when it was computing navmeshes couple times.

Did you take the step of changing somethin and undo the change?

If you need just to convert from 43 to 44 you don't need to change anything. At beginning I was changing, but then I watch some video guide where it was just saved. So far it has been working for me. Normally changing something, then reverting and saving should be fine, but this is Bethesda we are talking about and anything can happen. Probably there are some things that when changed and undone can mess things up. I mean look at undeleted references (UDR) errors.

12 minutes ago, leizar said:

If you need just to convert from 43 to 44 you don't need to change anything. At beginning I was changing, but then I watch some video guide where it was just saved. So far it has been working for me. Normally changing something, then reverting and saving should be fine, but this is Bethesda we are talking about and anything can happen. Probably there are some things that when changed and undone can mess things up. I mean look at undeleted references (UDR) errors.

I had a few cases, where the header was still 43 after just saving..  Yeah, it is Bethesda. But I won't complain. We wouldn't be here if they just make bullshit...

7 hours ago, brendan62 said:

The is script in sse edit that changes the oldrim 43 id to 44 throughout the entire esp dont seem to see anyone using that here, it works just fine and also stop losing face quality when esp is run through ck

Can you direct me to where you found the script? Just changing id can be done manually or with simple script, but saving in CK doesn't just change id from 43 to 44. It also adds bunch of new stuff apparently and is rather necessary step. For example merge plugins standalone for SE also saves merged esp with 44 id, but if esp that you merge are in 43 it doesn't add new stuff that CK does. So before merging you need to save all esp in CK.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:11 PM, Pfiffy said:

Edit: It is more or less out of the box, for Sexlab tools, you need to extract the BSA and delete it. 

Gah! I wasted an hour yesterday trying to figure out why it wasn't working. Cursed .bsa stuff tricked me again! Thank you for sparing me a new hour of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!

(I should put a sticky note in the middle of my screen to remind me to check and extract Oldrim mods for those. Not the first time I forget and get confused...)

17 minutes ago, Deamoa said:

Gah! I wasted an hour yesterday trying to figure out why it wasn't working. Cursed .bsa stuff tricked me again! Thank you for sparing me a new hour of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!

(I should put a sticky note in the middle of my screen to remind me to check and extract Oldrim mods for those. Not the first time I forget and get confused...)

History repeats itself.... 

6 hours ago, leizar said:

Can you direct me to where you found the script? Just changing id can be done manually or with simple script, but saving in CK doesn't just change id from 43 to 44. It also adds bunch of new stuff apparently and is rather necessary step. For example merge plugins standalone for SE also saves merged esp with 44 id, but if esp that you merge are in 43 it doesn't add new stuff that CK does. So before merging you need to save all esp in CK.

Im pretty sure Its with sse edit its toward end of script list called "update form version"

About SSEEdits Update form version according to Arthmoor:

This is not going to work because xEdit will not convert them to the actual form version properly. You are trying to shortcut a necessary process. Let's not go down the road of mickey mouse modding practices the way people did with Snip. That's what ends up leading to a thousand crash threads a day.

It's almost certainly better to convince the actual mod authors to do this work properly the one time, then nobody else needs to worry about it

On 6/4/2018 at 5:46 PM, turtle321 said:

How do you recompile the scripts?

I am trying to convert sexlab survival and it all works after the  rest of standard conversion, except it won't link with realistic needs and diseases.

I have something set up to let me recompile en masse (it uses a .bat file and Creation Kit's Papyrus compiler program) but basically: move all scripts for all required mods into scripts\source (old style) or source\scripts (new style), if you use the former then update CK's INI to tell it you're using that path, then open up CK and compile the scripts you want. You might discover that you have to install a mod or two that are normally optional to install but are really required by the compiler to do some scripts.

You don't normally have to do that, though. Oldrim scripts are totally compatible with SSE. I do it for myself to check for mod dependencies, and occasionally there is a mod that needs JContainers or NiOverride that needs to be updated, or it might reference some particular ESP/ESM that was renamed for SSE and so needs to be fixed, and having that process in place means I can easily make any necessary changes.

22 hours ago, sinxsader27 said:

Hello is there a chance Sexlab STDs will get updated for SSE? Thanks.

A chance? Sure. But it's up to the author to do it themselves, or to give permission when/if somebody converts it and asks to post it.

16 hours ago, brendan62 said:

Im pretty sure Its with sse edit its toward end of script list called "update form version"

Yeah, definitely don't do that. The form version tells Skyrim the format of the data in the file, and changing that number without also changing the data can easily cause problems.

The form version being <44 isn't necessarily a problem, but if you want to upgrade the file as a whole to 44 then it must be through Creation Kit.

HDD failure. Boom. Guess who gets to fail at reinstalling everything again?

Lots less stuff to try and convert nowadays though. Thank you so much for all the SSE conversions guys, and for this super-thread and initial post keeping everything sorted nicely! You have no idea the kind of headache you're sparing me. (Well, you probably have a pretty good idea actually!)

?

(Never ignore warning signs of an HDD getting old and weak, and remember backups even for "unimportant non-work stuff"... Ouch)

11 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

Not sure if I asked this or not, but when converting Paradise Halls PAHE into SSE, the mcm menu shows up as blank and doesn't provide the icon options that it does in oldyrim. Did I do something wrong or is this normal?

Not here. Have it fully working. But I think to remember that you have to extract the BSA in a different folder, because there are files in there, that need to be overwritten with the loose files in the package. 

20 hours ago, Guineaux said:

Hi! I want know if is posible make an conversion for SE of this mod of Diego: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Sam Playermodel (Male Only) - tanks in advanced!

Probably? If it doesn't use any DLL files then it can be ported to Special Edition one way or another. Follow the numerous guides out there.

42 minutes ago, cfoster8 said:

Is anybody aware of a strapon mod for SSE?  It's a little strange watcing lesbian scenes that are obviously supposed to have a strapon involved but it's not there.

SL includes a strapon...

Who is expirienced with Body slide and is interested to do a few conversions to CBBE SE? 

First I need sopmeone who helps me with identifying a BS file that causes an error due to a missing model. And then I need some new slidersets for ZAZ 8 and 8+. 

12 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Not here. Have it fully working. But I think to remember that you have to extract the BSA in a different folder, because there are files in there, that need to be overwritten with the loose files in the package. 

Curious to know what your setup process was for it. 

I did the CK load first, then BSA extract, then the Nif config, then archive the files into a new BSA, then moved all established edited content including BSA back into the data folder. And it shows like this. Not sure if there's any additional steps, for I was able to convert Eager NPC just fine. Maybe a specific file I am only able to download off the website that is convertible and compatible? 

20180610104653_1.jpg

31 minutes ago, Azurahawk said:

Curious to know what your setup process was for it. 

I did the CK load first, then BSA extract, then the Nif config, then archive the files into a new BSA, then moved all established edited content including BSA back into the data folder. And it shows like this. Not sure if there's any additional steps, for I was able to convert Eager NPC just fine. Maybe a specific file I am only able to download off the website that is convertible and compatible? 

20180610104653_1.jpg

I have just done it again. It is initializing as it should. I have just problems with HSH, b3ecause the CK doesn't want to save it.

8 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I have just done it again. It is initializing as it should. I have just problems with HSH, b3ecause the CK doesn't want to save it.

Yea. I am having no luck. The equipment is in there, but the opportunity to enslave is not there. 

So, I reinstalled everything, and everything "seems" to work fine. No crash on start, I can create a character and start playing, save normally, but...

Whenever I try to load ANY save, I instantly crash to desktop. Even if I Save and Load straight after, so without any kind of change whatsoever.

Edit 1: As I'm pretty clueless, I'm asking the pros: What's the likely culprit for this mess? Feels more like some Save folder access or save pathing issue than a mod loading problem. I'd have the crash on trying to start the game or randomly while playing then I think. Can't find anything wrong withthe folder permissions, buit how is it supposed to look like? "Double" saves with the same name, one with .ess and the other with .skse extension? Is that the normal thing?

Turns out it must be the normal thing

Edit 2: Ah. Plugged my brain in and remembered the "SKEE causes crashes on load" line. Sooo... How/Why was it working pre hard-drive melt and not now.

Heh, turns out reinstalling XPMSE using the "none" option seems to let me get rid of that SKEE "requirement". Seems to work so far. Knock on wood.

Edit3: Funny how asking questions here helps me solve random "what the hell is going on?" issues. You're the best guys, even when  if one actually said a thing! ??