[Solved] Hercules Might Armor

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Grippen said:

Love this armor and downloaded.  In the pic above the top is almost see through, however in the download the top is opaque.  Is there a way to edit a texture file to make it more transparent?

Yep. Edit the texture in GIMP and save to DDS. Its simple and need only the rubber tool.

2 hours ago, Grippen said:

Love this armor and downloaded.  In the pic above the top is almost see through, however in the download the top is opaque.  Is there a way to edit a texture file to make it more transparent?

If this part is a separate block and you don't know about photo editing (like me), you can simple make transparency with nifskope. This is my small guide base on something I learned from this forum: https://shizuekaryan.tumblr.com/post/173437075128/make-transparent-outfit-with-nifskope-only

21 minutes ago, Amethyst456 said:

If this part is a separate block and you don't know about photo editing (like me), you can simple make transparency with nifskope. This is my small guide base on something I learned from this forum: https://shizuekaryan.tumblr.com/post/173437075128/make-transparent-outfit-with-nifskope-only

The outfit is only one mesh. If he try to this Nif transparent method, the full outfit is get transparent. I think he need only the bra area.

Thanks for the advice.  I did try editing the DDS file in GIMP.  I tried to edit the alpha channel to adjust the transparency, however, what I got was a portion of the top invisible with no body underneath as well.  What is the rubber tool? 

21 minutes ago, Grippen said:

Thanks for the advice.  I did try editing the DDS file in GIMP.  I tried to edit the alpha channel to adjust the transparency, however, what I got was a portion of the top invisible with no body underneath as well.  What is the rubber tool? 

Hmm its not easy.
The default NiAlphaProperty is make 100% transparency if i set a half transparent texture, so we need another NiAlpa settings. (copy from another armor)
And i set the eraser tool in GIMP to 70% transparency.

Here is the results:

Clipboard01.jpg

021.jpg

20 minutes ago, Grippen said:

Thanks so much, I tried it out and got results similar to what I was getting before.  The top is transparent and the body below is missing. See screenshot from Bodyslide.

Yes.. because:

"The default NiAlphaProperty is make 100% transparency if i set a half transparent texture, so we need another NiAlpa settings. (copy from another armor)"

You need another NiAlphaProperty setting.

Archived