Changes I make using the GECK not showing up in game.

Nerra

I've downloaded and properly installed mods that add body piercings, earrings, and hair styles for New Vegas, so I thought I'd go ahead and create my own mod to spruce up the appearance on various NPC's around the Mojave. Unfortunately none of my changes ever show up in game. For example I changed Trudy's hair style and gave her some earrings to wear, but when I see her for the first time she isn't using any of my changes. I've had no problems making mods like this for Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim, so I have some experience modding, but I don't understand why it isn't working for New Vegas.

34 minutes ago, Nerra said:

Well if you already modded this would be pretty redundant. You could check if she has items in inventory using the console, clicking on her and writing SHOWINVENTORY. You can try respawn her with RESURRECT, which refreshes inventory too. If you rely on other mods' objects, you could make it simple flagging their header as esm, or recreating your own copy of the objects inside your esp.

I've noticed that the FNV GECK doesn't allow for mod merging. I hate it when Bethesda removes a useful feature from a construction set for no apparent reason.

I've seen a few programs like Merged Plugins, FNVEdit, and Wrye Flash that i can use for merging, so I guess I'll give one of those a try.

Archived