Looksmenu: _en.txt file format in translations folder

Polistiro

If i understand, in this file, the name at the left of the tabulation (that refer to json file name with $ prefix) is supposed to be translated by the name at the right of this tabulation.

json file:

$name1

mod_en.txt:

$name1 TAB translation

Something seems wrong even in looksmenu body tatoo from nexus, names in menu appears with the dollar. I missed something?

It's for my overlays mod and i can't verify if syntax is correct. Is there a tutorial that explain that? Thanks.

I struggled with this when I made the tattoo mods (new one here btw)  In the last version of LooksMenu, I was getting dollar signs in the in-game overlay menu with the .esl version of the plugin, but not the .esp version.  In the current version of LooksMenu (and current F45E), dollar signs are not visible.

You get the dollar sign when the translation can't find a match for whatever reason.  Also, the text file needs to be in the format: UCS-2 LE BOM  (no idea why though).

In my most recent tattoo overlay..

.json file:

"name": "$LMTO F Dragon Back L",

_en translation.txt:

$LMTO F Dragon Back L[TAB]LMTO F Dragon Back Left

And this works in game: 

ScreenShot87.png

I'll DL your beta and check it out.  This was for the cum textures, no?  Took me a bit of frustration to realize the actual text file format was incorrect.  It suddenly started working when I borrowed a known working on and pasted my values in to it.  That lead me to inspect the files for charset differences.  Sure enough a UCS-2 LE BOM encodes differently than a standard UTF-8.  Why that makes a difference in LooksMenu though, is anyone's guess.

The bodies (glowing and non) look good. I did see some dollar signs for the colored options, but the non-colored ones were fine.  Interestingly, I didn't see the non-colored options in the .json file.  I haven't opened up the .esp yet for the body option as yet.

I couldn't get the facials to show up in game.  The menu works fine, just no textures - haven't had a chance to look in to why.  It could be unique player messing with paths you didn't expect.

I'm interested in the gradient files you created to apply colors. I see what you did the bgem, but the gradient files don't seem to be uniformly graduating from 0% to 100%  they seem to be extremely gradual, then a fast switch to color.  Did you create these in photoshop by hand or using a function?

Archived