Repeatable experiment

Shubal

I know very little about HDT and SMP so I was wondering if someone could explain this. In a small cell with half a dozen npcs, all HDT bodies, HDT Wa Ribbons,  three in HDT clothing , 3 in SMP Tribal Cloth. My framerate is strapped at 58 and in interiors usually rides at 58.9. If I add a fourth SMP Tribal cloth outfit to one of the npcs FPS drops by 20 FPS immediately, take it back and FPS is back. You can do this all day long. How does adding a single outfit cause that? What is happening internally?

On 6.2.2018 at 7:54 PM, Shubal said:

I know very little about HDT and SMP so I was wondering if someone could explain this. In a small cell with half a dozen npcs, all HDT bodies, HDT Wa Ribbons,  three in HDT clothing , 3 in SMP Tribal Cloth. My framerate is strapped at 58 and in interiors usually rides at 58.9. If I add a fourth SMP Tribal cloth outfit to one of the npcs FPS drops by 20 FPS immediately, take it back and FPS is back. You can do this all day long. How does adding a single outfit cause that? What is happening internally?

Plugin is not optimized, XML is not optimized.

Adding to prZ's "direction" of explanation:

Did alot of testing with ENB and high-poly meshes with lots of collisions and SMP stuff going on and even game scripts.

My PC is meh, ok, but not blazing fast.

What i seemed to notice there is a point where the processors just cannot keep up with the computations demand.

Each SMP item in the game has its own computations happening, which makes sense.

You don't want all 4 to 10 of the females on screen to have synchronized breast movement, and so on.

At that point where computations go into "bootleneck" mode, you drop down to 10-15 fps and the game sits there chugging along.

Remove the "overload" and the game FPS goes up.

Just an observation.  Take it as a possible explanation.

5 hours ago, SassaAria said:

Adding to prZ's "direction" of explanation:

Did alot of testing with ENB and high-poly meshes with lots of collisions and SMP stuff going on and even game scripts.

My PC is meh, ok, but not blazing fast.

What i seemed to notice there is a point where the processors just cannot keep up with the computations demand.

Each SMP item in the game has its own computations happening, which makes sense.

You don't want all 4 to 10 of the females on screen to have synchronized breast movement, and so on.

At that point where computations go into "bootleneck" mode, you drop down to 10-15 fps and the game sits there chugging along.

Remove the "overload" and the game FPS goes up.

Just an observation.  Take it as a possible explanation.

This was my thought as well.  Shubal, it sounds like you hit the wall, as I call it.

Archived