Issue with Custom Body and Skin Partition Blocks (Blender, Nifskope, CBBE)

Hi.

I need your help guys. Im trying to modify existing armor mod for personal use, and im getting problems with skin partition blocks.

First of all im using this tutorial as a reference - https://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5639-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-tutorial-series/

Secondly im using custom CBBE body witch i create in Bodyslide, also im using mod called Bounce and Jiggles 7.8b from - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59416/ witch has vagina mesh etc. I have build custom body using a base body from that mod.

And this is my problem - when exporting from blender 2.49b to nif i have problems with Skin Partition Blocks. Instead of 3 clean separate blocks (BP_TORSO, BP_LEFTLEG, BP_RIGHTARM) there is more then that 3 and every block is mixed up. I think there is a problem with the custom body as it has additional vertex groups.

Can someone please take a look at my project files and take a moment to explain to me what im doing wrong or what i can do to make it work ?

Update: Even if i use default CBBE body for my project, i still cant get clear results. 

2018-01-21.png

Nifscope_problem.PNG

after vertex before extraction.blend

T_Feathers_Cleaned.nif

Well, that tutorial does say not to worry about extra partitions and tells you how to deal with them. Besides, you can always clean up partitions in Outfit Studio.

But that's not your biggest problem. That tutorial is old and outdated and will only work with the versions of the tools specifically mentioned. That process will not work with the latest version of Nifskope you're using. Can already tell that your nif is completely wrong and will end up crashing your game.

So unless you can find an older version of Nifskope, your best bet is to get the latest version of Blender and its nif plugin and go from there.

On 22.01.2018 at 5:32 PM, par6six6 said:

Well, that tutorial does say not to worry about extra partitions and tells you how to deal with them. Besides, you can always clean up partitions in Outfit Studio.

But that's not your biggest problem. That tutorial is old and outdated and will only work with the versions of the tools specifically mentioned. That process will not work with the latest version of Nifskope you're using. Can already tell that your nif is completely wrong and will end up crashing your game.

So unless you can find an older version of Nifskope, your best bet is to get the latest version of Blender and its nif plugin and go from there.

Sadly you are mistaken, tutorial doesn't explain how to deal with messed up skin partitions (and yes i have cleaned my body before extracting). I think the problem in my case is that i use CBBE body which have a lot more skin partitions and exporting from blender give weird results (maybe because old blender addon).

Maybe you know more up to date detailed tutorial (which use blender 2.49 nad nifskope 1.3 and older) with pictures and stuff ?

Right now im using old versions of nifskope - 1.3 and older - so "outdated tutorial" is not a problem.

As for the Outfit Studio i didnt know that i can clean up my files in it, i will for sure take a look.

Anyway i managed to work around of my problem. Instead of exporting file with body i have just exported only armor part and give it an unused body part number so in the end it worked perfectly.

Nonetheless i need to learn how to extract cleaned body form blender, because i want to do more difficult stuff for instance creating my own armors and i couldn't find any tutorial or post that explained that part.

On 22/01/2018 at 5:32 PM, par6six6 said:

That tutorial is old and outdated and will only work with the versions of the tools specifically mentioned.

you don't need a new tuto because nifkope get an update...

having 1 or 10 sbp that doesn't change anything

180124061738414900.jpg

beside more bp_torso to replace with sbp x

there's should 2, sbp 32 and 34 (the arms)

but there's nothing that use sbp 34... no need to keep that one

• 2 years later...
On 1/24/2018 at 8:56 PM, yatol said:

you don't need a new tuto because nifkope get an update...

having 1 or 10 sbp that doesn't change anything

180124061738414900.jpg

beside more bp_torso to replace with sbp x

there's should 2, sbp 32 and 34 (the arms)

but there's nothing that use sbp 34... no need to keep that one

Looks like an important info. But I can't understand a word out of this. Crap! Someone please translate this to English!!!!

What's so special about the NifSkope update? Does it allow realigning partitions?