Collision Markers in the Creation Kit is not working.

allsunday

Halp!  I made a fish tank with some stupid ass fishes in my home in Skyrim with the Creation Kit an it looks fucking cool but them dumbass fishes keep swimming out of the fish tank so I put up a collision marker around the tank and thought this would solve my unbearable suffering but I save my changes and load my game and those moronic fishes are still floating all over the place out of the tank.  What did I do wrong or what did I not do?  All I did was select the tank, then I pressed the cube button with a C in it and that put a yellow collision marker over the entire tank.  Then I just pressed Save and when I load my game the collision marker being a bitch and still not doing its job.  I swear I just want to smack that collision marker upside its thick skull.  Peace.

The collision marker will not make simple actors stopping.

You may need to add the collision object to the NIF implementing the fish tank.

Or if it is too complex to do, just grab a piece of square floor in CK, duplicate it, edit the NIF to be transparent, and replace the DDS with a fully transparent one.

Then use it to make the borders of your fish tank.

6 hours ago, CPU said:

The collision marker will not make simple actors stopping.

You may need to add the collision object to the NIF implementing the fish tank.

Or if it is too complex to do, just grab a piece of square floor in CK, duplicate it, edit the NIF to be transparent, and replace the DDS with a fully transparent one.

Then use it to make the borders of your fish tank.

Those are clever but completely unnecessary workarounds.  These assets are from SkyrimLazz's house mods.  I'm sure you've at least come across some of his mods but f you haven't seen his house mods from the Nexus then you should check them out.  The main point being the assets are already functional because there's already a fish tank elsewhere in my Skyrim house and has none of the issues above.  It's set up exactly like I'm trying to set it up, on top of a table with only one collision marker cube around it.  Every property of the collision marker that I'm trying to make is the same.  I feel like there's a button I need to press to finalize the collision marker and activate it or something, I'm thinking that's my real problem.

6 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I believe the collision marker cube would keep anything out of that area, you may have to make one using planes.

I found the answer:  the fishes WILL go through any object -- no matter what -- but they are set on a single repeating loop, therefore the only ways to make them stay inside the fish tank is to place them in the middle as much as possible and/or make the fish tank bigger.  I was placing the fishes all over the tank assuming it would have an AI package like a regular Skyrim NPC and sandbox inside the fish tank.  (That's why you never assume, kids.)  I'm glad I kept searching for an easier solution.  

TLDR:  Collision Markers were unnecessary.

Edit:  How the hell do you mark these as solved now?

Archived