which body is adviced to use for Skyrim SE

Hello right there

So suddenly week+ ago I was Its time to delete my old skyrim folder (320 FB was freed), and its time to move on to skyrim SE.

To be honest I didn't play skyrim before, and even that 320 GB was mostly a trial and error game rather than playing skyrim, but it was fun, I enjoyed reading the mods etc, but I must say that my result was not satisfying, I was annoyed with the performance I got, many crashes, many profiles I made and I couldn't end up with a satisfying one.

I deleted it because I noticed that skyrim SE got SKSE, maybe It still not the right time, and maybe that time won't come as not every skyrim modder is still here to remake their mod for SE.

Going to the main point of my thread, so after I finish my first test build for skyrim, I ended up with few problems (few texture ones that I can deal with by working more on my textures), the main problem goes for the body to use and character edit, then I will see what problem SL can gives to me.

So I started with Unp and for unknown reason the hands and feet had a problem, they are not attached 100% (lazy to take a screen now to explain this and its not the main point).

Switched to unpb and the body is working fine, but greed is so strong, I want a better experience, so I switch to CBBE as it has body slide but I was annoyed that the outfits I like are unp, as example things like the book of uunp, so I returned to unpb till I saw a youtube video about how to use uunp for skyrim SE even tho that its not supported, so i am using uunp+bodyslide.

My problem is I am not sure which body do I go with (I am not asking look wise, as for sure the answer would be the body you like), I am asking outfit wise.

When I check here in LL I see CBBE outfits uploaded just because of the cbbe bodyslide, so my unsupported uunp is watching with teary eyes.

When I check nexus I see some support to the unp, even tho I am having problem with some unp not working that well for unknown reasons.

And when I want to convert some skyrim mods to SE (I mean outfit) It doesn't see to work that well with me, as example I was trying lately with Nini fire keeper and his outfit has the uunp sliders, yet when I build the outfit on my uunp body, clipping is there as it was without building, so i am not sure what is wrong.

The too long didn't read questions go as this:

1- which body do you advice me to use and why

2- was switching to SE a bad idea (even tho I am carefree with SE, I have a decent performance, low chance for crashes), the only thing that annoys me is seeing the "oldrim" mods that need more than normal convert to be use (specially that I am not good with things like that)

The long question is:

3- by reading the whole thread you can see it

Still using UUNP

conversions are still being made for classic and SE

and I have converted 90% of my UUNP stuff (all I need is SMP). I know the new CBBE is supposed to be the chosen one for SE but there aren't that many conversions for it now and I don't think people are going to be in a rush to convert everything from classic if they used UUNP or even CBBE especially if they liked the way there bodyslde preset look.

+ Plus there are sooo many UNP textures that are not compatible with SE CBBE.

Took 3 minutes to convert the Remodeled armor/Immersive Armors/Bikini Armors set UUNP Classic to SE   vs 3 Hours to convert it to the new CBBE 

Only thing good for CBBE would be that it has an official release.Meaning it is more out in the open.

The Special Body is nice, but is missing content to go along with it (textures mostly).

On CBBE Presets don't work, on skimpy outfits you could see the difference to the new CBBE SE Body.

But as said, get the UUNP files from the Oldrim page and install them into the new Bodyslide and have fun.

And because you are using literally the same files everything for UUNP is compatible, if converted correctly.

You can get one of those tested SMP configs and even have phyisics and collisions, but I failed to find some good ones for UUNP.

13 hours ago, McLude said:

To be honest I think UNP looks more realistic but I am using CBBE SSE because it's more customizable. Overall, UNP still has more armors.

what can CBBE offer than UUNP doesn't (except being supported by bodyslide officially)

8 hours ago, QuietPippin said:

Still using UUNP

conversions are still being made for classic and SE

and I have converted 90% of my UUNP stuff (all I need is SMP). I know the new CBBE is supposed to be the chosen one for SE but there aren't that many conversions for it now and I don't think people are going to be in a rush to convert everything from classic if they used UUNP or even CBBE especially if they liked the way there bodyslde preset look.

+ Plus there are sooo many UNP textures that are not compatible with SE CBBE.

Took 3 minutes to convert the Remodeled armor/Immersive Armors/Bikini Armors set UUNP Classic to SE   vs 3 Hours to convert it to the new CBBE 

Excatly, I don't plan to go for CBBE as i never liked it before, there are many unp outfits unpb, it stills annoys me that I am forced to use them for unp and not my custom uunp but at least I can use them with bodyslide uunp.

When you said converting them you mean you Optimized the meshes of the LE copy, converted the esp and thats it?

For as example with the book of uunp I downloaded the SE version and download the LE bodyslide to build them on my body.

If you don't mind the question which I already mention up there about [nini] dark soul fire keeper, it has unp version yet again there is a clipping on my uunp unp, any idea why

7 hours ago, Akzyra said:

Only thing good for CBBE would be that it has an official release.Meaning it is more out in the open.

The Special Body is nice, but is missing content to go along with it (textures mostly).

On CBBE Presets don't work, on skimpy outfits you could see the difference to the new CBBE SE Body.

But as said, get the UUNP files from the Oldrim page and install them into the new Bodyslide and have fun.

And because you are using literally the same files everything for UUNP is compatible, if converted correctly.

You can get one of those tested SMP configs and even have phyisics and collisions, but I failed to find some good ones for UUNP.

I have no worry about collisions , jiggling is good enough for now xD, I only bother with the outfits for the body I am using

Thanks very much for the comment

Archived