Upcoming game content is probably going to screw with CAS CC.

FG13

https://simsvip.com/2018/01/10/sims-4-laundry-day-stuff-official-trailer/#comment-669215

-_- I have a feeling all the sudden our CC for cas is going to cause issues and all the custom clothes will need to be updated/batch fixed. In the end, we're probably going to lose some items because of that. Augh... so not looking forward to that :open_mouth: I could be wrong though... but it's going to affect clothes so... it seems very likely. 

I don't think it will cause any issues. might be some weird mismatching animations, but worse case anything not on the body will probably be see-through like normal bad/corrupted clothes mods already are. A tad annoying, but I doubt they would code it to max current CC unusable. They know it's the real reason we still buy their stuff lol.

I don't think they ever do that stuff intentionally, but they do break things from time to time. The worst scenario is that S4S will make a batch fix for the CC and some of our CC won't be fixable by it so we'll have to say goodbye to it. :frown: It's really hard to find the good custom clothe and I hate losing them. lol  It's silly but I get attached to that digital junk and given how much time I spent searching around for it there's a real sense of value to it. It's like buried treasure that I uncovered! Sort of, but not really, you get the idea hopefully. 

The clothes that spawn whenever a Sim spins around to change clothes will just be a random object separate from anything in CAS. And the clothes on the clothesline will just be debug effects, still separate from what the Sim wears. Sure, if the game was more complex and the Sims could be shown taking off their shirts all animated with the cloth being turned inside out and moving around over their body, then that may be a problem, but this hasn't been implemented, and this kind of stuff won't cause issues to anything in CAS. Worst thing that could possibly happen is some build/buy mode objects won't be able to have laundry placed on them.

EDIT: The only thing that could possibly cause issues with CAS objecs will be something that directly changes CAS itself, like when they added the gender update, a lot of clothes had to be batched just to add the new functionality to them. If, for instance, they decide they wanna add the Paint Mode feature from Cats and Dogs onto the Sims themselves, then it may need a fix for your clothes.

I lost everything!! My MODs were fine until the update, then the damn game wouldnt launch, Contacted EA ( after I did everything i could on me end) they were no help and I lost everything...my SIMS, My MODS ( which they told me to reinstall one by one....3887 MODs collected over 2 years)

Im done..Im not playing anymore, Idont see the point of playing with out MODS..Im so irked

50 minutes ago, Cupcake66 said:

I lost everything!! My MODs were fine until the update, then the damn game wouldnt launch, Contacted EA ( after I did everything i could on me end) they were no help and I lost everything...my SIMS, My MODS ( which they told me to reinstall one by one....3887 MODs collected over 2 years)

Im done..Im not playing anymore, Idont see the point of playing with out MODS..Im so irked

OMG. I m soooo very very sorry for you!!! Hopefully you got some saved folders?!

I just manually update the game, and wait till S4 Studio and WW is updatet. And I make a copy of my Sims folders before I update. 

Some problems stay (like some random NPC without skins)... I got roundabout 4000 CC/mods since 7/2017.

Archived