WickedWhims Woohoo mod won't show up

22 hours ago, smjm81 said:

Then make sure scripts allowed in the game settings.

If that is checked then not showing the script file usually indicates a installation problem -- not unzipped, mod installed too deep in your mods folder, ect. 

As I mentioned in my first comment, I checked all that. It's unzipped, not too deep in folders, and script mods are allowed. If the update is the problem then it should be fine when WW gets updated. If that doesn't solve my problem then I have no idea what the problem is.

23 minutes ago, thatsassybish said:

As I mentioned in my first comment, I checked all that. It's unzipped, not too deep in folders, and script mods are allowed. If the update is the problem then it should be fine when WW gets updated. If that doesn't solve my problem then I have no idea what the problem is.

An update would not cause it to not show up at all unless your game is waaaayyy out of date (you said you updated). Broken or not, it would still show.

Create a mod list and let me look at your folder structure. 

I you're on a PC do this

Create a list of the Mods directory (very easy). See this GIF for reference>>

https://imgur.com/a/h1YE1bM

1) Go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

2) Click on any EMPTY spot in the address bar at the top

3) Type cmd and press enter

4) Type the command below and press enter 

dir /s > mod.txt 

5) You should now see a txt file in your Mods folder called "mod". Upload this file.

I you're on a MAC then do this.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/123898-persisting-last-exception-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=2651715

Anyhow, yes you can do this with a mac using the terminal.

I would, however, suggest going into keyboard options and check the box that says something like (going of memory) "Terminal at tab" and setting a hotkey for it. This is so you don't have to type in the full path to your Mods folder

**Again, going off memory -- I do not own a Mac but I work on them all of the time so bare with me**

1) Preference >>Keyboard>>shortcuts>>service>>"Terminal at tab">>Set a hotkey

2) Go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and select "Mods" (DO NOT OPEN just select)

3) Press hotkey to open terminal in Mods folder

4) Type in the command below

ls -R  > mods.txt

5) You should now see a txt file in your Mods folder called "mod". Upload this file.

33 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

An update would not cause it to not show up at all unless your game is waaaayyy out of date (you said you updated). Broken or not, it would still show.

Create a mod list and let me look at your folder structure. 

I you're on a PC do this

I you're on a MAC then do this.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/123898-persisting-last-exception-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=2651715

I updated WW and it works fine now. I have no idea what was going on but it is all good now! Thanks anyways though.

Hey @smjm81, I'm having the problem of WW not showing up in my game. It was working fine but when WW prompted me to update, I decided to. So I updated the game with 2 of the last updates:

v1-51-75-1020

v1-51-77-1020

And then I used the WW installer.

I started the game, re-enabled mods, restarted the game, and...nada. WW isn't showing up at all. 

I know the file is in the game because I tried to delete the mod while the game was still running, and the mod was registering as being in use by the game. But the WW doesn't show up at all in-game.

I've tried re-installing WW several times in different ways. 

1. Installer

2. Copy/replacing the files

3. Deleting then moving the folder into Mods

and yes, the WW folder is in the Mods folder, no subfolders.

I've attached the mod.txt you requested in another thread if you want to take a look at it....

I also tried moving everything but the original WW (4 files minus streaming mode) from the Mods folder (no animations). But the mod doesn't show up.

Thanks!

mod.txt

9 hours ago, cinderfallen said:

v1-51-77-1020

WW 142c only supports game version 1.52. I tested this yesterday with both 1.50 and 1.51 from game versions I still have and neither of them will read the script file. 

You have to update your game using Origin. If you want to keep 1.51 there is a guide in the general subforum on how to do it.

Archived