Skyrim randomly "stops working" at random times

OriginalRaZe

So I decided to make a new profile on MO 2 days ago and I made a new mod list for my playthrough, and at first it was perfectly fine with no issues the first few hours of play, till I got up to dragons reach which is when it first gave me the crash.  Ever since then, after about 5-15 minutes of play anytime i'm anywhere in whiterun or in any building in whiterun it randomly gives me the "stops working" crash and the only option I have is to close the game.  I can supply anymore information that is needed to fix this.

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

plugins.txt

20 hours ago, OriginalRaZe said:

So I decided to make a new profile on MO 2 days ago and I made a new mod list for my playthrough, and at first it was perfectly fine with no issues the first few hours of play, till I got up to dragons reach which is when it first gave me the crash.  Ever since then, after about 5-15 minutes of play anytime i'm anywhere in whiterun or in any building in whiterun it randomly gives me the "stops working" crash and the only option I have is to close the game.  I can supply anymore information that is needed to fix this.

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

plugins.txt

Yes, like ManuelMoreno said: too many mods.  Normally I would disagree with this but I checked your load order and each .esm or .esp signifies one plugin for Skyrim.  You have 343 plugins when Skyrim can only accept 255.  

The good news is there are a couple solutions to this:

1.  Use Merge Mods Program to merge mods, of course:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905

2.  Simply remove the mods.  My advice is to remove the mods that are script heavy, mods that change or add a whole bunch of scripts to alter NPC behavior.  This will help your Skyrim run smoother and you'll experience less bugs and crashes.

1 hour ago, allsunday said:

Yes, like ManuelMoreno said: too many mods.  Normally I would disagree with this but I checked your load order and each .esm or .esp signifies one plugin for Skyrim.  You have 343 plugins when Skyrim can only accept 255.  

The good news is there are a couple solutions to this:

1.  Use Merge Mods Program to merge mods, of course:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905

2.  Simply remove the mods.  My advice is to remove the mods that are script heavy, mods that change or add a whole bunch of scripts to alter NPC behavior.  This will help your Skyrim run smoother and you'll experience less bugs and crashes.

I merged them down while making my load order and if I recall correctly I am at 239(give or take a few), but i'll try removing some.

EDIT =// I also just noticed that the load order text file I added includes both non active and active mods which might make it seem like a lot more then I have running. //

Archived