Crawl on all fours animations for npcs?

That crawl feature on SD+ is for players only I think and that crawl on all fours nexus mod is just a sneak replacer so not really what im looking for. I just want it for some npcs that I can force to crawl through dialogue, clothing, spell, etc. 

12 hours ago, Naynay said:

That crawl feature on SD+ is for players only I think and that crawl on all fours nexus mod is just a sneak replacer so not really what im looking for. I just want it for some npcs that I can force to crawl through dialogue, clothing, spell, etc. 

By your post I assume that you know a bit about the CK and/or Tes5Edit, so you should be able to take the crawl animation from SD+ and stick it into a custom esp of your own and attach it to a (for example) object effect that runs on equipping a certain bit of clothing or whatever. You possibly (probably?) would have to set up a new FNIS Alternate Animations quest/scripts set for that (basically duplicating the one from SD+), but at first glance the FNIS for Modders documentation PDF seems quite detailed about that. Mind you, I've never actually done that myself so it's all grey theory at this point. And of course, I have no idea about the legal status of these animations so what I'm recommending is for personal use only and not for re-distribuition.

• 1 month later...

Maybe to try this method (npc will crawl on all fours):

1. Animation:  Crawl on fours with nexus, install to path - Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female\     (or ..\male) enable first check in fnis (Gender specific animation)
  2. Open console and choose NPC. enter: setForceSneak 1                And npc (only female\male) will forced to crawl.

After some time  npc will stand and must use consol code again. I don't know how to do this effect forever.
p.s. I hope, my bad english will be understand)).

I like this crawling animation somewhat more than the one found in SD+.

FNIS PCEA2 works really well for replacing various player animations on-demand, without affecting NPCs.

The mod RandomIdleAnimation can replace idles for NPCs of your choice (and for the player, all configurable), but only idles.

I'm not aware of a mod that can replace animations for a specific NPC only... but the suggestion Sinax made is good. NPCs barely ever sneak, so replacing these animations would hardly be a big deal. Then you can use PCEA2 to make the player NOT crawl when sneaking.

Archived