Import/Export of dialogue quests

Bromm83

Anyone now how to do this?

I am thinking of making a Workgirl Plugin for SexOut, but have countless of hours of work in the wsex version at the moment.

Is there a way to just move the dialogue quests over to a new plugin file wich I can then modify to work with sexout?

I am thinking of making a Workgirl Plugin for SexOut' date=' but have countless of hours of work in the wsex version at the moment.

Is there a way to just move the dialogue quests over to a new plugin file wich I can then modify to work with sexout?

[/quote']

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but--

1. Open the original wsex version of the plugin with FNVEdit

2. Right-click on the subgroup you'd like to copy (e.g., Dialog Topic, Quest, Script)

3. Select either 'Copy as new record into...' or 'Deep copy as override into...', depending on what you're trying to do. An override will keep the same formIDs and simply take priority over the wsex version if loaded after (or vice versa).

If you select 'copy as new record into...', you'll be prompted to add/remove prefixes and suffixes from the EditorID, so for example you can remove the wsex prefix and add a sexout prefix. You'll be asked where to put put everything. Scroll down and check , then name the plugin.

You'll likely have to add wsex or workgirl as a master for the new plugin at first. After editing out the wsex parts, you can right-click on the new plugin in FNVEdit and select 'Clean Masters' to automatically remove that dependence.

Again, not sure if that was what you were looking for...

I am thinking of making a Workgirl Plugin for SexOut' date=' but have countless of hours of work in the wsex version at the moment.

[/quote']

Never actually done it before, but you can use TESsnip to do this. If you've never used it, it comes with FOMM, just rightclick an esp and open with TESsnip.

With both open, go to the workgirl one. Find 'GRUP (DIAG)' and select it. Edit -> Copy.

Go to the other window, select the top element (pluginname.esp) and go Edit -> Paste and then save.

However, once thats done I don't know how to actually do anything with the imported dialog, since the related quests aren't there.

[/quote']

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but--

1. Open the original wsex version of the plugin with FNVEdit

2. Right-click on the subgroup you'd like to copy (e.g., Dialog Topic, Quest, Script)

3. Select either 'Copy as new record into...' or 'Deep copy as override into...', depending on what you're trying to do. An override will keep the same formIDs and simply take priority over the wsex version if loaded after (or vice versa).

If you select 'copy as new record into...', you'll be prompted to add/remove prefixes and suffixes from the EditorID, so for example you can remove the wsex prefix and add a sexout prefix. You'll be asked where to put put everything. Scroll down and check , then name the plugin.

You'll likely have to add wsex or workgirl as a master for the new plugin at first. After editing out the wsex parts, you can right-click on the new plugin in FNVEdit and select 'Clean Masters' to automatically remove that dependence.

Again, not sure if that was what you were looking for...

Yeah that seems like what I was after. I tried to do that, but got uncertain when there came a message telling me that it would be dependant on wsex.esm.

[/quote']

Never actually done it before, but you can use TESsnip to do this. If you've never used it, it comes with FOMM, just rightclick an esp and open with TESsnip.

With both open, go to the workgirl one. Find 'GRUP (DIAG)' and select it. Edit -> Copy.

Go to the other window, select the top element (pluginname.esp) and go Edit -> Paste and then save.

However, once thats done I don't know how to actually do anything with the imported dialog, since the related quests aren't there.

Think the FNVEdit one seems easier since I get the whole quest over. Only need to go through it all to remove all links to wsex.esm and then connect it to sexout in geck.

Seems I will have a test of concept plugin running soon.

Thanks for the help both of you!

Archived