About editing Nif file

I follow the steps provided by Ousnius but it seems a little vague to me as from BS wiki link :https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Updating-projects-for-new-sliders

1. (optional) Use the Slider -> New Slider menu item to create any zaps or extra sliders the outfit had by typing the EXACT same slider name into the text field! The slider is now back and working the same way as before, you just need to set it to act as a zap again.

2. (optional) Now, enter the edit mode and Slider -> Properties (TAB) of each extra slider/zap you added back to the project and make sure they are correct (was it a zap, was it hidden, what are the correct default values)

I don't know where to find the missing slider name after loading reference.

Right, once you change the mesh the osd file is not going to work it's magic. So you have to rebuild the project in bodyslide using your new nif as the reference outfit.

You may be able to just load up the existing project and swap out the reference outfit but the problem will be the file directory that will be created by bodyslide will be wrong if you load the nif from the shape data folder, when you build the project it will output there which isn't what you want so you should copy your nif you edited to the output folder of whatever armor/clothing it goes into first.

I have no idea how to work with new sliders or zaps, it's been a while since I even did a simple conversion. I could probably do it for you if you have the mesh and tell me what the folder structure should be for output but if it has extra sliders or zaps I would be lost also.

2 minutes ago, RW311 said:

Right, once you change the mesh the osd file is not going to work it's magic. So you have to rebuild the project in bodyslide using your new nif as the reference outfit.

Thank you again, so I was loading the wrong reference from body type, actually I should load the modified outfit nif file as reference perhaps.

48 minutes ago, RW311 said:

You may be able to just load up the existing project and swap out the reference outfit but the problem will be the file directory that will be created by bodyslide will be wrong if you load the nif from the shape data folder, when you build the project it will output there which isn't what you want so you should copy your nif you edited to the output folder of whatever armor/clothing it goes into first.

I have no idea how to work with new sliders or zaps, it's been a while since I even did a simple conversion. I could probably do it for you if you have the mesh and tell me what the folder structure should be for output but if it has extra sliders or zaps I would be lost also.

I am trying to modify the mesh of the outfit, while the body underneath the outfit is gone. Perhaps this has something to do with NifSkope on how to display the body part again. 

Archived