Possibility of dynamic sound effects

Guest sirrinriss

Guest sirrinriss

This has probably been spoken about by somebody on this site before but I've been thinking about the plausibility of creating a dynamic sound effect system for animations in general, with the obvious use here being for SexLab animations, that automatically assigns sound effects at certain points of an animation.

Now I don't know the first thing about coding but I've been thinking about ways it might be possible and I can imagine something like the following using a sex animation as the most appropriate and actually easiest example:

Let's say you wanted to add impact sounds to a sex animation:

You would mark two points on an animations, so for impact sounds you mark the impact locations such as the crotches of the actors, the points would be graphed appropriate to the animation movements something like this: (This picture was taken from cedec0's unrelated mod just as in example)

5a284d6c6152a_2017-12-0620_00_13-Greenshot.thumb.png.515b29759074e217f78b9f7e40d8f5fa.png

So once the points are marked and a graph is produced you assign points on the graph where the sound will be produced, for an impact it will be when the two actors are closest together, such as a slap in sex; you could have a line of code that reads this graphed information and says "when distance between point A and B is at it's lowest play sound", you could then just graph every animation using a tag and run it through the code and use the code to play the sound when appropriate. 

If that's possible too it might be possible to change the type of impact sound depending on the acceleration like "when distance between point A and B reduces from maximum to minimum in X seconds play sound 1, when it reduces in Y seconds play sound two".

I can see an issue making a 2D graph of a 3D animation but I don't think it has to be as complicated as that - if you took a video of the animation and put it into After Effects and track the points of the video you could use the 2D distances between the points for the same thing. 

Again, this the practicality of this isn't something I can comment on as I don't code but I'd love to hear feedback from people that do.

Archived