Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul

Guest Katherlne

Guest Katherlne

19281-0-1455057848.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/

So, Requiem worth to play? How mod change difficult, compare with vanilla legendary? Because on vanilla legendary, play with a open fight melee class, you suffer a lot until you make a decent armor, weapon and enchants.

How mod stable? I always avoid a big gameplay changes mods, especially if they required a lot compatibility patches. 

1 hour ago, Katherlne said:

19281-0-1455057848.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/

So, Requiem worth to play? How mod change difficult, compare with vanilla legendary? Because on vanilla legendary, play with a open fight melee class, you suffer a lot until you make a decent armor, weapon and enchants.

How mod stable? I always avoid a big gameplay changes mods, especially if they required a lot compatibility patches. 

It's far harder, and like its name, it changes a lot from Vanilla, some people said it turns Skyrim to MMO grindfest,  some  thing i remember are run (not sprint) now draining stamina, no more level scaled enemy,  total perk overhaul.  You can watch Brodual  for detailed explanation or read player's handbook, link in requiem nexus page

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also using Requiem and I love it!  Some important things to remember:

1. Requiem is extremely hard at the beginning... but this makes it very fun like a true RPG and is also why I love it.

2. Probably shouldn't fight a dragon until level 20+....

3.  A horse is your best friend but costs a lot, 6000 gold, and is your best investment for carrying loot to make more money. Convenient Horses mod for horseback combat is almost too powerful for Requiem. Use sparingly.

4. You can even kill tough enemies in just one or two hits but they can also do the same to you. Requiem is Rock, Paper, Scissors:  Warrior > Archer > Mage > Warrior.  Choose your skills wisely, this is another good thing about Requiem and why I love it.

5. Stamina is more important than ever.  If you wear heavy armor you will actually move slower and get more tired. If you run out of stamina in the middle of battle you could get killed very easily. Light armor and clothes allow you to move very fast but offer no protection. Armor rating matters A LOT in Requiem. 

Ok, my plan was to write until I got sleepy, it worked!  Night night.

At first I really liked using Requiem but...

-you need a patch for basically any other mod

-early game is extremely unforgiving, but after lv 25+ becomes a cakewalk (easier then vanilla)

-destruction magic was way too weak

-it was forcing the player to go heavy armor and melee

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it but after one playthrough I simply had enough of it and installing/uninstalling required a clean save so that was the end of it for me.

I moved to Ordinator + Ultimate Combat + Attack Commitment and some other smaller mods.

Archived