CTD when leaving starting Vault

Trooper1138

So I reinstalled Fallout 4 again yesterday with a bunch of mods. Now everything was working fine, but as soon as I try to leave the Vault, the game crashes with no error message.

I get through the loading screen, my character shields her eyes as the elevator moves towards the surface and bam, CTD. Every single time.

I've tried compatibility mode, windowed mode etc, to no avail.

Here's my load order, though I'm not sure it's mod related...

Spoiler

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
four_play_resources.esm=1
SpringCleaning.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
TortureDevices.esm=1
Devious Devices.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
Sporty Underwear.esp=1
Lacy Underwear.esp=1
DX Commonwealth Shorts.esp=1
DX Vault Girl Shorts.esp=1
DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp=1
mcgFemaleWalk.esp=1
mcgFemaleWalk-Granny-eng.esp=1
mcgFemaleWalk-Granny-ru.esp=1
HarleyQuinnOutfit.esp=1
VIO_Strap-On.esp=1
0SynthClamp-Ons.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
Crazy_Animation_Rugs.esp=1
4PlaySEU.esp=1
Vinfamy_CP.esp=1
FP_VanillaFudge.esp=1
FP_Kidnapped.esp=1
FP_Autonomy.esp=0
FlirtyCommonwealth.esp=1
FlirtyCommonwealthFemale.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
Animated_Fannies.esp=1
le666piercings.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
FP_Stats.esp=1
Crazy - Sex Toys of the Commonwealth.esp=1
MisogynistFalloutComments.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Automatron DLC.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Junk Items.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp=1
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - No Crafting Perks.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Modern Firearms.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
CW - AnS WBaP Patch.esp=1
K9TacticalHarness.esp=1
Nun2.esp=1
Nun4.esp=1
Nun3.esp=1
Nun1.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
dinoshelf.esp=1
dinoshelf_extra_ammo.esp=1
dinoshelf_retex.esp=1
CheatTerminal.esp=1
four_play.esp=1
FP_Violate.esp=1
FP_Prostitution.esp=1
Quiet.esp=1
ApalLeotard.esp=1
DX_Harley_Quinn_Outfit.esp=1
PressXtoRespond.esp=1
wasterArmor.esp=1
MilkingBucket.esp=1
Gorgeous_VaultGirlV1_preset2.esp=1
Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp=1
CarryWeight1000.esp=1
CarryWeight25Strength.esp=1
Higher Female Protagonist Voice - Type A1.esp=1
LooksMirror.esp=1
Dongs_Of_Fallout.esp=1
DelyteOutfits.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
MonnoBikini.esp=1
rpampas.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
rfortaleza2.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk2.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk3.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk5.esp=1
rfortaleza2-mk6.esp=1
rfortaleza2-pauldron.esp=1
rfortaleza2-wetsuit1.esp=1
GITS_suit_by_OniNigma.esp=1
DMJremixAWKCR.esp=1
DMJremix.esp=1
AlenasPreset.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
Crimsomrider's Tomb Raider.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1

Saw this multiple times on the google - if this is true, it's a graphics issue.... could be your ENB?

"A little late but I found out how to solve it. If it's on consoles, I got nothing sorry. The problem was receiving the objective "Go home" on the quest "Out of Time" and that blur you get when you leave the vault. 1) After the confirmation for selecting special and appearance at the vault elevator, bring up the console (Press ~) 2)Type in setstage mq102 20 (This will skip the "Go home" objective to the "Talk to Codsworth objective) 3)Find a way to skip that blur when you first leave the vault.
EDIT!: Dont even enter the elevator at all! Just setstage and after that, type in "coc sanctuaryExt". It will bypass the blur that crashes the game."

10 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Saw this multiple times on the google - if this is true, it's a graphics issue.... could be your ENB?

"A little late but I found out how to solve it. If it's on consoles, I got nothing sorry. The problem was receiving the objective "Go home" on the quest "Out of Time" and that blur you get when you leave the vault. 1) After the confirmation for selecting special and appearance at the vault elevator, bring up the console (Press ~) 2)Type in setstage mq102 20 (This will skip the "Go home" objective to the "Talk to Codsworth objective) 3)Find a way to skip that blur when you first leave the vault.
EDIT!: Dont even enter the elevator at all! Just setstage and after that, type in "coc sanctuaryExt". It will bypass the blur that crashes the game."

Not using an ENB.

Anyway, this got me out of the Vault, now the game crashes as soon as I start talking to Codsworth. :/

Good find!  I haven't used an Alternate Start mod with FO4 yet.  As I have experienced though with Skyrim - the game just assumes that whatever your roleplay beginning is, you're still the dragon born.  I assumed FO4's would be the same, so if I started out a Raider Chick from Nuka World, everyone would still treat me like I was the woman out of time from the vault, as it's baked into nearly every main story line quest and dialogue.

7 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Good find!  I haven't used an Alternate Start mod with FO4 yet.  As I have experienced though with Skyrim - the game just assumes that whatever your roleplay beginning is, you're still the dragon born.  I assumed FO4's would be the same, so if I started out a Raider Chick from Nuka World, everyone would still treat me like I was the woman out of time from the vault, as it's baked into nearly every main story line quest and dialogue.

Well, that mod apparently changes a lot of dialogues so you really aren't Shaun's mom/dad. That's probably why it broke my game too, I guess...

18 hours ago, Trooper1138 said:

Well, that mod apparently changes a lot of dialogues so you really aren't Shaun's mom/dad. That's probably why it broke my game too, I guess...

I liked being the mom/dad.... but then finding out the truth about Shaun, I just wanted to shoot in him in the face - pretenting he too was a Synth imposter, or just an imposter all together, and that the real Shaun was still somewhere.  The whole "another 60 years passed" during the second cryosleep sequence annoyed me. :)

Archived