Physics in Animations on Blender.

Simite

So just a couple questions for the animators among you;

I see some animators using jiggeling body parts and stuff recently, anyone know if they are using cloth/soft body physics or are they just using subtle bone rotations to give the impression of wobbles? Also arms that react like pendulums, not rigid, so they are rocking naturally with the motion of the rig, how do I acheive these effects?

I'm watching a lot of you tube tutorials but maybe I am just not finding the right ones?

If I use the physics tools will it show in the animation in the game or only for animations in blender?

also when setting up your IK(If you use it) do you have any other places you commonly use "IK handles", I know arms and legs are always very helpful but do you use any others, I found making one for the head that the eyes also track the pole in front helps to target where you want the rig to look but am wondering if anyone else uses them anywhere else? 

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might have better luck DMing one of the more experienced animators here rather than waiting for one of them to find this thread. I'd ask Mike24, Azmodan, or Amra (and that's assuming they even reply). I know Redabyss is one of the more helpful and friendly contributors here. Hell, he even has a couple animating tutorials on here.

I don't know if this was too little, too late, but figured it'd be better than to just leave you completely in the dark.

4 hours ago, porkybork said:

I think you might have better luck DMing one of the more experienced animators here rather than waiting for one of them to find this thread. I'd ask Mike24, Azmodan, or Amra (and that's assuming they even reply). I know Redabyss is one of the more helpful and friendly contributors here. Hell, he even has a couple animating tutorials on here.

I don't know if this was too little, too late, but figured it'd be better than to just leave you completely in the dark.

Thank you for trying to help, I already got some answers, I was trying to do too much too soon.

Yes Redabyss and R-Lo have both been very helpful and let me know that it's through subtle bone movements and rotation combined that the jiggeling body parts is done.

Archived