Did Bethesda Bust the CK Again?

Shadowhawk827

I tried to do some updating on my mods last night & this morning.  I could never get the CK to load up properly though.  It kept giving me the following error and then crashing:

Assert

File...\TES Shared\misc\BGSlocalizedstring.cpp

Line 2871

Localization: Error Opening or Reading String File

ââI tried everything right down to wiping OldRim out and doing a clean install of it and the CK, a couple of times.  NO luck at all.  I don't recall ever seeing this error before either.  The usual ones where we hit OK to all so they're ignored but that's it.

Anybody dealt with this before or know how to fix it?

40 minutes ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

I tried to do some updating on my mods last night & this morning.  I could never get the CK to load up properly though.  It kept giving me the following error and then crashing:

Assert

File...\TES Shared\misc\BGSlocalizedstring.cpp

Line 2871

Localization: Error Opening or Reading String File

ââI tried everything right down to wiping OldRim out and doing a clean install of it and the CK, a couple of times.  NO luck at all.  I don't recall ever seeing this error before either.  The usual ones where we hit OK to all so they're ignored but that's it.

Anybody dealt with this before or know how to fix it?

Add the line from this post to skyrimEditor.ini

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3306905-crash-on-start-when-creation-kit-loads-files/?p=29599920

Quote:

Just below "General"
sLanguage=XXXX        XXXX stands for the languge you use with skyrim (German, French....)

Actually, I had a similar problem pop up again.  It only happens on my desktop and not my laptop.  The only real difference, unless outside programs are somehow impacting the game & CK is that I've installed xEdit and cleaned the masters of both OldRim and SE.

NOW what happens is that I get the pop-up saying multiple masters selected, load aborted.  The ini files have all the appropriate edits, LOOT says the game is clean, and I only did the basic cleaning of masters and DID exclude Skyrim.esm also.  The game plays flawlessly (and is un-modded at this point so I can focus on my own mod creation), and both CKs otherwise work, I just can't load multiple masters.

Google searching turned up a more complete xEdit cleaning process:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818230170

Actual useful info on the Steam forums...  who knew?  LOL.  Anyway, I'm goign to try that and see if it makes a difference, and if that fails, try again with the game masters NOT cleaned to verify that is the issue.  That is, unless anybody has any other ideas.

Archived