Is there a tutorial for fixing ankles on barefoot models ?

YodaStitch2001

I'm trying to replace all the childish Marie-Rose costumes in my game by more adult costumes (and adult proportions thanks to timmyc's character transformer).

One of the last obstacle I face is to fix the fugly ankle bending in the middle of the leg for all the barefoot costumes.

If anyone knows where to find a tutorial explaining that, or files references to use with blender and tmcbone tool, feel free to share it here, I would really appreciate it.

Vestals need to go barefoot too :

Spoiler

There are many way to make barefoot mods.

1. Using a nude base with flat feet and adapt the costume or 2. mix the feet part of a nude base (or regular costume who have flat feet) with your mod if you don't want to adapt all the costume over the body.

It's less complex than the opposite (making feet for high heels).

Now about the ankles who are a bit "squared" when bending, you can try to change the weight paint but this area is capricious (as the knees).

1 hour ago, LGMODS said:

There are many way to make barefoot mods.

1. Using a nude base with flat feet and adapt the costume or 2. mix the feet part of a nude base (or regular costume who have flat feet) with your mod if you don't want to adapt all the costume over the body.

It's less complex than the opposite (making feet for high heels).

Now about the ankles who are a bit "squared" when bending, you can try to change the weight paint but this area is capricious (as the knees).

Well, I'll consider all that the next steps to really learn to use blender, not just blindly moving  vertices around.

Thanks for the fast reply.

On 20/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, LGMODS said:

Thanks for the warning, I didn't waste too much time on blender with weight paint.

To anyone  who,like me, doesn't want squared ankles in his game, follow this tuto :

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11721145/1/

to give the girls some sandals.

It's the only way I found to make the ankles look human (on Marie-Rose specifically)

Spoiler

5a1bf4107a12d_sandalsfitting.thumb.jpg.f418df132d370df5dbed9173670913eb.jpg

The thing is when you edit the weight paint you have to make it very accurately on this kind of part who is bending and especially with a gradiant weight paint.

The ankles aren't high poly you could achieve a manual weight paint vertices by vertices, but if it's still not enough soft to your taste you can put this area a little more high poly for a bigger gradiant weight paint.

But you have to be careful of the bone position too, you can't weight paint until the knees (I'm exagerating ofc) since it have to follow the bone position too.

It looks like model in DOA5LR was premade for little heels or high heels, so when they have flat feet the bending ankles is more noticable.

----

HARD Weight Paint :

2dwe.jpg

SOFT weight paint :

sycg.jpg

HIGH POLY SOFT weight paint :

w2vv.jpg

28 minutes ago, LGMODS said:

The ankles aren't high poly you could achieve a manual weight paint vertices by vertices, but if it's still not enough soft to your taste you can put this area a little more high poly for a bigger gradiant weight paint.

When I read this kind of advice, I get reminded that I didn't know what blender was 3 month ago and am still a big noob.

I had no idea we could increase poly numbers with DOA5 models, nor do I know how to do that.

Thanks for the precisions and the examples in pictures, I'll use them as  references when I (inevitably) try my hand again at fine weight painting.

Archived