Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

2 hours ago, vampirata said:

I had the same problem with special k , and I think that is the special k´s version . I put the 0.9.8.1 version , not the 0.9.8 FFXV version and  the pixel shaders header appear .

Where did you download that version? I can't seem to find it.

That version works, it´s the one i am using: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://github.com/Kaldaien/dGPU/releases/download/dgpu_007/SKIM64.exe

Also you have to follow THIS guide, because doaxvv is a nonsteam app:

├ Enable for non-Steam games
The global injector only injects itself into games using steam_api or have SteamApps in its path. The below steps are required to get the injector to inject into non-Steam games launched outside of Steam.

1. Install the global injector of Special K.

2. Browse to the folder of the executable file of the game you want to opt-in the global injector for.

If you need help locating the folder do the following:
    1. Launch the game you want to install the local injector for.
    2. Alt+Tab out into Windows and open the Task Manager.
    3. Navigate to the Processes (Win7) or Details (Win8+) tab.
    4. Right click on the game process anc click Open file location.
    5. A File Explorer window will now open to the folder of the executable file.
  3. Create a new empty file called SpecialK.[GraphicsAPI] according to the graphics API the game uses, see below for a

Graphics API
    Filename to Use
    DirectX 9
    SpecialK.d3d9
    DirectX 11
    SpecialK.dxgi
    OpenGL
    SpecialK.OpenGL32

Examples:
    • HuniePop is a DirectX 9 game, hence we'll create an empty file called SpecialK.d3d9
    • Overwatch is a DirectX 11 game, hence we'll create an empty file called SpecialK.dxgi

Be sure to disable Hide exentions for known file types[www.thewindowsclub.com] in File Explorer to be sure that the file is named correctly.

4. Launch your game with the global injector enabled.

5. If everything works correctly you should have a yellow On-Screen Display in the upper left corner of the game and a new folder matching the name of the executable of the game will be created in Documets\My Mods\SpecialK\Profiles. Game-specific settings and logs will be stored in this folder.

If the OSD doesn't show up then something is interfering with Special K. Navigate to Documets\My Mods\SpecialK\Profiles\[executable_name.exe] and paste copies of:
    • logs/dxgi.log
    • logs/modules.log
    • logs/crash.log (may be empty)
    to pastebin.com and provide a link to these logs in a new thread in the Game Compatibility forum. It will hopefully allow the community to help you find what's causing Special K not to work.

6. While in-game, use the control panel of Special K (Ctrl + Shift + Backspace) to tweak the settings to your liking.

And don´t forget to set rights on game folder and Special K folder to access(read & write) for anyone and start Special K as admin.

Also DON`T put any Special K folder files in the game folder, just install Special K in the standard folder(documents/my mods/special k) and let it stay there. The only thing you have to change in the game folder is creating the SpecialK.dxgi.

Happy modding ;)

DOAX-VenusVacation_180318_181733.jpg

0.9.8.1 version is a testing version , when you use the special k´s installer there is an option to install a test version , a compatibility version and a main version .There is also a repository of versions in github . But honestly I dont know if this was the problem of not seeing the pixel shader header or not ,...  

5 hours ago, chulfox said:

can i ask a question
I have a SSR 4*, but it does not change when I wear it for my character.
So how does it change?

To change appearance of the outfit you have to gift an outfit to a girl in the girls menue and select it as skin then. But don´t gift sr or ssr suits, gifts completely disappear after they are gifted. Though i think you can´t gift ssr outfits anyway.

To get the SSR appearance, i think you just have to go to the girls menue and select the ssr outfit as skin. SSR outfits will be added automatically also as selectable skin if i remember correct.

Also there is an event running currently where you can get currency for poses. I think these type of events arrive every 2 weeks so you can only farm for poses 1 week and then there is a 1 week pause from it.

9 hours ago, vampirata said:

0.9.8.1 version is a testing version , when you use the special k´s installer there is an option to install a test version , a compatibility version and a main version .There is also a repository of versions in github . But honestly I dont know if this was the problem of not seeing the pixel shader header or not ,...  

This didn't work for me either. There's just something going on with my system that doesn't like this game. Until something more reliable comes along I guess I'm just not gonna have to give up.

8 hours ago, vampirata said:

I've used both the FFIV Update (0.9.8) AKA the Main Branch, and 0.9.8.1 from the Test Branch and both yield the same results. The injection works fine, but the ability to enable or disable shaders is not there. I can do literally anything else with Special K, but not that. I've tested it with DX9 titles and its full set of features are available. I've tested it with Dragon Ball FighterZ (which is DX11), and that also worked completely. It's just DOAXVV that seemingly has these issues.

I wish I fully understood how to get the barbie dolls to work properly.

I also saw someone that had what I think is a modded Ayane's towel costume with just the panties, which is what I really want. Messing with SpecialK alone though doesn't work for the towel, since the inner towel shader is linked to the panties.

Life truly is suffering.

1521985220691.jpg

On 18.3.2018 at 10:52 PM, SealedNexus said:

What do you mean with fake? It looks very natural to me and i think there is some way to add a vagina texture, but that needs some recheck of all textures to find the bottom texture part of the white lace bikini again :bawling:

Because this one wasn´t a shader and you propably could "draw" a vagina to it but without transparency in it.

Looks good to me, we just need to update the textures to get rid of the bikini stripes once you give the girls a darker tan.

DOAX-VenusVacation_180318_185746.jpg

Oh and about the holes... you need the white lace bikini as skin for this mod. It is the only one with no holes in the body(except vagina partly) and works for every girl.

Also it´s not just texture injection as claimed, but also a shader removal. So ye, it´s not a thing you can just install once and works without doing anything again then. The textures stay, ye but you always have to remove the same 2 shaders once you started the game.

I havent got that program of yours to run, but I did allready edited the textures on some suits, so you can make a full body tan!

I will upload all edited textures the next days. And since I pulled Momiji, I think the only girl missing nipples is Helena! (Luna used Kasumis or Misakis texture)

2 hours ago, JoeMesh said:

If there's anyone that had issues getting the Pixel Shader menu and figured out a solution please let us know. I'm about to do a fresh install of Windows 10 as a last resort.

I haven't found the solution, but wanted to note that I too am having the exact same problem. Pixel Shader works fine in everything else, just not DOA.

3 minutes ago, Gorokk said:

I haven't found the solution, but wanted to note that I too am having the exact same problem. Pixel Shader works fine in everything else, just not DOA.

I've been working on trying to find a fix for a while. But honestly it seems like something super small, because even going through log files I can't find anything suspicious. I get that Special K isn't a popular program, but the lack of documentation on it is depressing. DOAXVV can't seriously be the first game to have this issue, can it? It's not like the injector refuses to work, it's perfectly compatible -- Special K itself is preventing the Live View options from showing, so someone out there must know what's going on.

2 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

I've been working on trying to find a fix for a while. But honestly it seems like something super small, because even going through log files I can't find anything suspicious. I get that Special K isn't a popular program, but the lack of documentation on it is depressing. DOAXVV can't seriously be the first game to have this issue, can it? It's not like the injector refuses to work, it's perfectly compatible -- Special K itself is preventing the Live View options from showing, so someone out there must know what's going on.

I've reached out to Kaldaien, the creator of the program, on Steam and haven't got a response yet. He either gets a ton of questions or just isn't interested in helping with this game 

4 minutes ago, Noice123 said:

Why are you guys getting up set at this. The game files are encrypted and most things on the game are handled on a server. Unless TN decide to release doax3 on PC there won't much modding you can do.

Well that's easy to answer. I'm a game developer so tinkering with other people's games are a hobby. I'm not expecting to reach Beach Paradise levels of functionality, but it's fun to build a small community like this and see how far we can take things. I think anyone here who just wants some fap material can refer back to Beach Paradise, which is still going strong on DoA5 until the creator throws in the towel. Or they can just play an actual Eroge lol. Many things in life can be frustrating yet enjoyable at the same time. While personally, I am being set back, we have a potentially working free-cam, and cracking the encryption isn't impossible, it just hasn't been done yet. Once that's done, who knows what we can do?

1 hour ago, Noice123 said:

Why are you guys getting up set at this. The game files are encrypted and most things on the game are handled on a server. Unless TN decide to release doax3 on PC there won't much modding you can do.

And why are you actively discouraging people at every step? Sure, what's been done so far is minimal, and this might be as far as it ever goes. But it doesn't help when you come in here and shit on modders' progress and tell people it's pointless. If you don't like what's being offered here you're free to leave.