Upper Size?

Does anyone know of a method of telling what size an upperbody mesh is? (by that i mean like HGEC C, D, E-cup or such)

For me its kinda hard to convert clothing via Tools RC_89 if the mod maker doesn't tell what size it is x3

Simple. Open a nif of the body type you assume it is (it's quite difficult to confuse an F-cup and an A-cup, after all) and the nif you want to convert.

Now, copy the body over to the nif you want to convert. If they fit perfectly one on top of the other, then you've found the body. If not, you can make an educated guess by how much you were off.

Note that some modders used altered bodies (push-ups, slight modifications etc) so it won't necessarily be a perfect fit. But it'll be close enough for conversion, usually.

Simple. Open a nif of the body type you assume it is (it's quite difficult to confuse an F-cup and an A-cup, after all) and the nif you want to convert.

Now, copy the body over to the nif you want to convert. If they fit perfectly one on top of the other, then you've found the body. If not, you can make an educated guess by how much you were off.

Note that some modders used altered bodies (push-ups, slight modifications etc) so it won't necessarily be a perfect fit. But it'll be close enough for conversion, usually.

Edit: on top of one another...? when i drag the files into nifskope it like overwrites / deletes the previous thing from the viewer, so i have to have 2 windows open to guess.

Best right-click Scene Root, then "Block", "Copy Branch". Then past it in the other nif in Scene Root ("Block" - "Paste Branch" )

That way you will not get in trouble with missing bones. e.g. if you copy a upper body with Op3 bones in a nif with only Op2 bones or a no-BBB nif.

post-3205-0-41500900-1509843072_thumb.jpg Scene Root in Scene Root. A HGEC Lower LL with Op3 bones paste in a HGEC Lower L without bouncing butt. If only I had copied the body (NiTriStrips) I would not have been able to paste it in the nif with missing bones.

Archived