[Spine/Dragonbones] Animating two (or more) characters together

AruKnight

Hello, I may or may not decide to make an adult game, but...

I've been playing around with Dragonbones, which is basically a free version of Spine2D. Even looking at Spine tutorials they seem to be almost the same. Anyways, I'll cut to the chase. Is it possible to animate two or more characters at once in Spine or Dragonbones? I really like this type of animation and I don't think i would be able to do frame by frame animation, but making an adult game means you would need characters to interact with each other, and quite precisely at that.

I tried googling this issue but couldn't find any tutorial or article about it (perhaps in most normal games it is not a huge requirement/issue). One way I see of doing it is to create a new armature that would contain both characters, but that means it's going to be completely separate skeleton and it doesn't seem that it is the right way of doing it.

So perhaps you might know if it even possible to do so? Thank you in advance for your possible help! 

P.S. I know Grimhelm – Alien Quest Eve uses the same type of animations, so it is possible I guess.

Archived