Long Live the Princess (medieval mind control and seduction)

1742188080_LongLivethePrincessBanner.png.e15e357d5afc8cdd9b0ff57dc1835714.png

Downloads

Current public version: 0.35.2. Click here for download links and patch notes.
Current patron-only build: 0.36.0 (click here for Patreon links).

Public releases are exactly one minor version number behind the patron releases, but no content is held back beyond that. 

You can find my Patreon page here. Alternatively, you can also support me through my SubscribeStar Adult page.

Synopsis

The King is dead. His daughter, Princess Selena, is set to take the crown. But something is wrong. Murder, backstabbing, and visions of extinction threaten to bring ruin to all that is good. And at the heart of it all is a tale of personal tragedy and lost love.

You are a Truthsayer. Yours is the ability to tell if someone is lying. With your mentor dead, it is up to you to protect the Princess when she arrives in your hometown for her coronation. But a secretive old crone and her foul-mouthed pixie assistant have different plans for you.

With a newly learned ability to uncover secrets and use them to your own advantage, you are tasked with getting close to Princess Selena to save her from her darkness. But to achieve that, you must practice by getting close to the women in town. Real close.

And as you venture towards your destiny, someone is watching you closely...

Gameplay
Do you like Persona? Do you like Ace Attorney? There are elements of both in this game. You have a limited number of in-game days to prepare yourself for the Princess' arrival. Each day allows you to take three separate actions. Your choice of actions will dictate whether or not you are ready when the Princess finally arrives, so choose wisely. Carefully balance the various aspects of your life, such as practicing your spellcasting, improving your abilities, building relationships, earning money, and so on. Don't worry, there is no grinding in this game, and every action will be meaningful.

While doing all this, you also have to uncover the deepest, darkest secrets of the girls in town so that you can affect them with your spells. When you feel confident that you have figured out a girl's secrets, confront her and reveal the knowledge you have uncovered at the precise time needed for maximum effect.

Long Live the Princess is not a linear game, and you might very well end up failing in your quest. Replaying will allow you to keep some of your abilities from the previous playthrough, increasing your chances of success the second time around. Can you find all the game's secrets?

Screenshots

screenshot7.jpg.d9cf9a7517718bdb91fecccb7ca1adf1.jpg

screenshot9.jpg.dd5615401c035bd6818751fbe655b707.jpg

screenshot11.jpg.61e0e732b7b8df08f0155a8d0b965e8b.jpg

69597315_TheFairyCourt.jpg.1cee2907e1f1ab1efbd8e852e7130a69.jpg

I will be hanging around in this thread to answer any questions you might have, so feel free to ask about anything. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Belle the Pixie
Updated patron version
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice game so far!  Relatively limited options, of course, but I quite like your writing and the plot.  The system for uncovering secrets is a good way to make the mind control more than just 'wham, I control your every move' and give it some gameplay depth.

Looking forward to watching this develop.

Version 0.20 has now been released for everyone. I have updated the links in the first post.

Changelog:

• New scenes for Primrose (featuring more than 60 new images).
  • The current day of the week is now shown when time progresses.
  • Disabled the loading of old saves to prevent crashes and story progression issues.
  • Lifted the time limit completely for now. It will be reintroduced in a later version.
  • Backgrounds now use JPG instead of PNG, reducing the size of the game on disk.
  • Tweaked clue names in the code to reduce the risk of accidental spoilers in case of crashes.

Version 0.3 is now out for patrons. I have updated the links in the first post to reflect this. 0.3 will be available to everyone in exactly one month, on December 28th.

Changelog:

• Expanded main storyline.
  • New scenes with Belle.
  • New scenes with the Crone.
  • New scenes with Thaddeus.
  • Short new scenes with Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Minor additions to Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Revamped user interface now lets you access inventory, abilities, and see the current day and time.
  • Updated certain older scenes to utilize the new inventory system.
  • Also added ability restrictions to some of these scenes.
  • All rollback restrictions have been lifted for the time being.
  • Significant code changes to prepare for the loading of old saves in future versions of the game.
  • Added brief note when reaching the end of certain types of content. Because this is a non-linear game, such warnings will not appear for all content. If you find yourself grinding to discover new scenes, odds are you have seen everything.
  • Fixed a few typos.
  • 5 weeks later...

Version 0.3.1 is now available to non-patrons. I have updated the download links in the first post with the new version.

Also, version 0.4.0 is available for patrons. Both versions got released on the same day by happy accident. Again, check the first post for links.

Changelog 0.4.0:

• Added two new girls (Samarra and Nell) and some of their core events (featuring more than 110 new images). Please note that the new girls are not available until after a few days into the story.
  • Added the first stage of agility training.
  • Slightly expanded Callie's changing room scene.
  • Slightly expanded Evelyn's night scene.
  • Slightly expanded Primrose's night scene.
  • Loading old saves (from version 0.3.0 and up) should now work. Some changes may still cause old saves to break, depending on where you saved.
  • Updated graphics for Evelyn's night scenes.
  • Added text to show when an ability check is successful. Not all checks will display these messages.
  • Primrose's schedule extended beyond two weeks.
  • Minor tweaks to first conversation with Thaddeus if it occurs later than expected.
  • Placeholder next/previous page buttons on clue screen if you somehow have more than 15 clues.
  • Minor bugfixes
  • 5 weeks later...

Version 0.4.0 is now available to non-patrons. I have updated the download links in the first post for the new version.

Also, version 0.5.0 is available for patrons. Both versions got released on the same day by happy accident. Again. I swear I'm not doing it on purpose. :tongue: Check the first post for links.

Changelog 0.5.0:

• Agility training now goes up to level 4.
  • New mechanic for the Perversity abiilty. 
  • Night scenes for Evelyn and Primrose fully implemented up to Agility 4 and Perversity 4.
  • Music: Added a main menu theme and a dynamic theme for spell logic. More music will be added in later versions.
  • SFX: Added a variety of different ambiances to spice up several locations. As with music, more will be added later.
  • Expanded the preferences menu with sliders for music, sound, and ambience, plus a mute button. Note that the Sound slider currently has no effect.
  • Added a new perspective to Samarra's sex scene.
  • Modified Evelyn's breast reveal scene.
  • Fixed a major problem with Samarra's hair, replacing many images from 0.4.
  • Bug fixes
7 hours ago, Sagebrush61 said:

I like the writing here. There is some real humor there and the characters actually feel like characters.  It's a pleasure to see a visual novel where you don't have to strain to try to figure out what the author is saying because they can't construct a proper sentence.

You have no idea how much I agree with you. Bad writing is so common in adult games, and it's a complete turnoff. I'm sure there are otherwise great games out there that I haven't given a chance because the first few screens were nearly incomprehensible gibberish.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing the public version for the past four hours. What a great game. The writing is indeed superb, a huge improvement over every adult game I've ever played (admittedly not very many).

I might have to look into creating a Patreon account to play the rest of what you've completed!

12 hours ago, assntitties said:

I've been playing the public version for the past four hours. What a great game. The writing is indeed superb, a huge improvement over every adult game I've ever played (admittedly not very many).

I might have to look into creating a Patreon account to play the rest of what you've completed!

Thank you! Version 0.5 becomes public on the 28th, and 0.6 will be available for patrons around the same time. 

2 hours ago, kloro said:

Very impressed by this!
Are there any failure states in it at the moment? Or is the "fail and start over with your stats intact" something for a future release?

There are no failure states right now, and the ones that are going to be in the game will be few and far between. Failure will be more in terms of not being able to achieve some or all of your long-term goals in the game, but there's little, if anything, that will make you fail outright, at least not until the end-game. At some point in the future, I will implement New Game+ which will let you restart the game with your abilities intact no matter if you win or lose. That's not going to happen for a little while though.

It's also worth noting that I try to avoid "good" and "bad" endings for individual girls. There will be paths that are clearly superior or inferior, but each will have their own scenes and payoffs. You'll start to see the beginnings of this concept in version 0.6.

11 hours ago, assntitties said:

I just became your newest Patron and played through Version 0.5. Great additions. Looking forward to 0.6!

Oh wow, thanks for your patronage! :smile: 

Version 0.6.0 is now out for patrons. The public version of 0.5.0 will be coming on the 28th, and I will post another update here then. You can find links to 0.6 in the first post.

Changelog 0.6.0:

• You can now train with the Crone so that you can reveal a person's large secrets.
  • Many new scenes for Evelyn, including her large secret.
  • New scenes for Thaddeus.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 3.
  • The abilities screen now displays the maximum available ability levels for the current version of the game.
  • Music: Added three new musical tracks.
  • Tweaked and improved a selection of early renders that weren't up to the standards of images made since then.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.

Version 0.5.0 is now freely available to download for everyone. You can find download links in the first post in the thread, as usual.

Changelog 0.5.0:

• Agility training now goes up to level 4.
  • New mechanic for the Perversity abiilty. 
  • Night scenes for Evelyn and Primrose fully implemented up to Agility 4 and Perversity 4.
  • Music: Added a main menu theme and a dynamic theme for spell logic. More music will be added in later versions.
  • SFX: Added a variety of different ambiances to spice up several locations. As with music, more will be added later.
  • Expanded the preferences menu with sliders for music, sound, and ambience, plus a mute button. Note that the Sound slider currently has no effect.
  • Added a new perspective to Samarra's sex scene.
  • Modified Evelyn's breast reveal scene.
  • Fixed a major problem with Samarra's hair, replacing many images from 0.4.
  • Bug fixes
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 0.6.0 is now freely available to download for everyone. You can find download links in the first post in the thread.

Changelog 0.6.0:

• You can now train with the Crone so that you can reveal a person's large secrets.
  • Many new scenes for Evelyn, including her large secret.
  • New scenes for Thaddeus.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 3.
  • The abilities screen now displays the maximum available ability levels for the current version of the game.
  • Music: Added three new musical tracks.
  • Tweaked and improved a selection of early renders that weren't up to the standards of images made since then.
  • Minor tweaks and fixes.
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 0.7.1 is now out for patrons and will become available to non-patrons on April 29th. You can find links to 0.7.1 in the first post.

Changelog 0.7.0:

• New character (dryad) and her scenes.
  • Map system implemented for travel outside of town.
  • New scene for Aldred.
  • New ability and its training scenes.
  • Added a new hunting mechanic.
  • Mystery scene.
  • Belle may now give you hints to help you discover how to train your abilities.
  • Fixed a bug where you could get stuck on an empty clue page.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Changelog 0.7.1:

• The map should now be available when loading old saves.
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 0.8.1 is now out for patrons and will become available to non-patrons on May 27th. You can find links to 0.8.1 in the first post.

Changelog 0.8.0:

• Erato will now take you to meet the Fairy Queen.
  • Repeatable followup scene at the river.
  • Samarra's dialogue has been completely rewritten.
  • Belle should no longer refer to the MC as a virgin after he has gotten laid.
  • Added ambient sound to the river and the forest.
  • Two new musical tracks.

Changelog 0.8.1:

• The new river scene will now correctly trigger for existing saves.