Player Slave (update 2013-02-19)

the tricky part (if not impossible' date=' I dunno) would be disabling you shouts and possibly your magic since your wearing a gag. you'd then have to find a special person or persons to be truly free from your bondage experience.[/quote']For Magic, it wouldn't be difficult to have wrist bindings mod your magicka to -100000 (or something else ludicrously high). As for the shouts, the gag could force a shoutreset time in the month timerange with an onunequip setting it back to default. The only issue I could see is forcing the cooldown timer on the shout to enable when the gag is equipped.

Sadly, everything takes a long time. Today I was messing around with giving the player some freedom, but if the player runs too far away, the captor runs after. Takes a while to get simple things like that to play well with the rest of the ai due to bugs and the lack of documentation.

I'm making some kind of progress with the overall framework though, and at least now I can get Ysolda to haul the player across the wilderness.

Hi xaz!

Would be happy if you can help me.

I create a scene and need to control the player. I use commands:

game.DisablePlayerControls(abCamswitch=true,abSneaking=true)

game.ForceThirdPrson()

game.SetPlayerAIDriven(true)

I've created a player alias, a scene and gave the player a package to travel. All goes well but the player refuse to move. He stands still like a pillar. What should I do else?

Thanks!

Messing around with the collar script and this is what I came up with.

It seems that the character walking backwards has everything to do with the camera angle and whenever I tried to alter the player's facing with SetAngle it conflicted with the pathing and heading adjustment instructions KeepOffsetFromActor was making.

Event OnUpdate()

float distance = akActor.GetDistance(akController)

int updateInterval = 2

If (distance > 400)

MakePlayerActorRestrained(akActor)

; speed needs to be adjusted more

akActor.SetActorValue("SpeedMult", 100)

; force akActor to track/face akController

; when camera has LOS to akController

akActor.SetLookAt(akController, true)

akActor.KeepOffsetFromActor(akController, akActor.GetAngleX(), akActor.GetAngleY(), akActor.GetAngleZ(), afCatchUpRadius = 400.0, afFollowRadius = 150.0)

updateInterval = 5

Else

akActor.ClearKeepOffsetFromActor()

akActor.ClearLookAt()

akActor.SetActorValue("SpeedMult", 40)

MakePlayerActorFree(akActor)

updateInterval = 2

EndIf

RegisterForSingleUpdate(updateInterval)

endEvent

It seems that the character walking backwards has everything to do with the camera angle and whenever I tried to alter the player's facing with SetAngle it conflicted with the pathing and heading adjustment instructions KeepOffsetFromActor was making.

Event OnUpdate()

int updateInterval = 2

If (distance > 400)

akActor.SetActorValue("SpeedMult"' date=' 100)

akActor.KeepOffsetFromActor(akController, akActor.GetAngleX(), akActor.GetAngleY(), akActor.GetAngleZ(), afCatchUpRadius = 400.0, afFollowRadius = 150.0)

updateInterval = 5

Else

akActor.ClearLookAt()

updateInterval = 2

EndIf

endEvent

[/quote']

Thanks! I tried it and it worked better except for the case where the pc was turned with the back to the captor. For this case, I readded the SetAngle method (before SetLookAt).

The speed multiplier (120) came from my reduced running speed mod, so I reduced it to 80, which I felt was better for vanilla (still quite fast).

Event OnUpdate()

int updateInterval = 2

If (distance > 400)

akActor.SetActorValue("SpeedMult"' date=' 100)

updateInterval = 5

Else

akActor.ClearLookAt()

updateInterval = 2

EndIf

endEvent

[/quote']

Thanks! I tried it and it worked better except for the case where the pc was turned with the back to the captor. For this case, I readded the SetAngle method (before SetLookAt).

The speed multiplier (120) came from my reduced running speed mod, so I reduced it to 80, which I felt was better for vanilla (still quite fast).

Cool.

I'd put the run speed values in globals. Allow players to adjust to suit their taste with "set ___ to ___"

Eureka! Alright' date=' so my problem was that either I wasn't updated to version 1.6 OR I wasn't running via Skse. Either way the animations now work. However, I still can't get a response from typing ` startquest zzzai or any of the others listed in the first page. Any ideas?

[/quote']

If you're running of an old save, it could be that those quests are already started, and non-functioning in that state (for some reason). Try stopping them first (eg. "stopquest zzzai") and see if you get some kind of debug messing when starting.

Is it just me or do some of the items from the chest disable your inventory? Even after using unequipall its still locked as well.

Really annoys me to have to load a previous save when I'm done with playing around.

I'd love to see this be a bit more integrated, allowing you to for example walk into the room, do what you want to do in it, and just leave when you're done(or perhaps when ysolda is done with you:angel:), without having to load a previous save just to regain your inventory.

Again, this might just be me, as I have a bunch of other mods installed and just installed this with NMM without checking everything afterward, since everything else seemed to work just fine.:s

Is it just me or do some of the items from the chest disable your inventory? Even after using unequipall its still locked as well.

Really annoys me to have to load a previous save when I'm done with playing around.

It should work, but sometimes I mess things up. Sorry about that. If you discover the actual item which does this, I'll make sure it's corrected in the next version.

I try to test things out before releasing, but I usually miss something.

I'm currently working on splitting the mod into an "items part" (among other things), and I plan to create multiple versions of items, some of which will not disable controls for you.

Maybe I should point out that at this stage, it's probably a good idea to load an old save anyway when you're done trying out this mod. There is always a risk of mods corrupting save games, and although I think mine is fairly "nice" on your saves, it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

hi there...nice mod!!! i wanted to ask when i equip an item i loose my inventory control so i cant equip another of the items provided by the chest...unless i restart the game... anyway to regain control or inventory in game??

The wrist restraints and the collar remove inventory control. This is by design, but it's probably not very good for testing and playing around. I'll remove it in the next release, because it's useful only when story driven.

You can unequip all items by typing "player.unequipall" in the console. You can also unequip specific items, but that depends on your load order. Also, (it appears) sometimes events don't fire properly when equipping items from the console, so ...

Anyways, will fix with the next release (which is probably this weekend).

The wrist restraints and the collar remove inventory control. This is by design' date=' but it's probably not very good for testing and playing around. I'll remove it in the next release, because it's useful only when story driven.[/quote']Why?
What is it

This mod is a tech demo of enslaving the player' date=' and dragging her away to some unknown fate. Right now, though, it consists of a single room with a copy of Ysolda walking in a square patrol. At the center of the room is a chest with some gear you can equip.

To break out of this, you have to use the console "player.unequipall".[/quote']You stated right here in the opening post that this is A. a tech demo and B. how to fix the issue. It's pretty obvious this isn't for the end-user but for you to provide a proof of concept and also let other people willing to mod it the ability to do so. If they still want the other effects but have inventory controll, they can go through the painstaking task of typing "epc" into the console.

If you do decide to pull the equip, do you mind having another equippable apply to effect (even if it's only accessible via the console) because, if and when I do start more work with the CK, I'd like to see exactly how this stuff gets implemented for my own benefit.

Anyways, you did a great write-up on what this mod is doing and even how to "correct" what it does. Not your fault if people don't read it.

If you do decide to pull the equip' date=' do you mind having another equippable apply to effect (even if it's only accessible via the console) because, if and when I do start more work with the CK, I'd like to see exactly how this stuff gets implemented for my own benefit.

[/quote']

I'm going to implement items which either disable inventory, or don't, so people can choose which version they want to try. In both cases, it's going to be the same script but with different parameters. I'm thinking this will make it easier to customize, and also easier to read the scripts.

I'm also repacking the items part of the mod to an .esm to make it easier to use the stuff as a base. So far, the base is pretty small though, so I'm probably not going to release it separately, but in time I hope I will. Still have to learn to model armors ... ;)

Hi!

I tried the mod and the I think the concept has plenty of potential.

Now, I messed with it abit in the editor (first time modding skyrim, god the editor is slow as f***) and made some changes and additions:

* Ankle Cuffs force the player to always walk (can still run when controlled by ai, but must

be enforced). The effect is achieved through an artificial addition on the inventoryweight value using updateloops (like the collar script, but it just sets inventoryweight so something high). Setting "speedmult" also works, but turnes shift-walking into a very slow animation (still sexy with catwalk-mod ;))

* Added a quest where the player walks into the cage (the one where you spawn) and the slaver

gets up to the player and insults him abit (using SayToPlayer with taunt and insult)

Then the player runs away into the dark underground cage ^^. The insults match quite well, she sais stuff like ("You shall not get away" etc).

* Made the triggerzone of the Tq quest much bigger, which made it much more reliable. Also added some insulting when the player is in the cage (like in the previous quest).

* Simple quest where the player walks up to the Boethiah's pillar and gets bound to it.

* "Man hunt"-quest. The player flees from the slaver while the slaver hunts/attacks him with a knife.

This uses the skyrim FleeFrom and Attack-AI so it can go on forever. The chase is very onesided when the PC is wearing the ankle cuffs, but hey! :>

* Execution: Well this doesn't work... yet. Basically it's the exact animation that is shown in the introsequence of the game. I can get it to work to about 80%, the PC is kneeling on the block and a NPC is holding the axe in midair. But then the NPC just freezes there and doesn't chop. I have no idea why, help is very appreciated.

Now I would like to share all this (how?, can packages be merged?), but before that I'll have to do alot of cleanup. As I said earlier, this is my first time with skyrim-modding, so I fiddled with pretty much everything and now its quite a mess ;)

Another idea: There could be some quests in which the PC has to do some chores for the NPC like "get in town and buy milk" etc.. Not following the orders will have dire consequences of course, also there might be other NPCs in town that try to take advantage of the PCs situation. Ah the possibilities...

Cheers

PillowFight

PS: Some pics for your amusement.

post-91792-13597878798705_thumb.jpg

post-91792-13597878799696_thumb.jpg

post-91792-13597878800519_thumb.jpg

* Execution: Well this doesn't work... yet. Basically it's the exact animation that is shown in the introsequence of the game. I can get it to work to about 80%' date=' the PC is kneeling on the block and a NPC is holding the axe in midair. But then the NPC just freezes there and doesn't chop. I have no idea why, help is very appreciated.[/quote']

I can only venture a couple of guesses here, but it's likely because the intro sequence does the same thing, because the npc has no AI package that actually completes the animation cycle on the player.

Another possibility, is that the game engine recognizes the would be victim as the player, and cuts off the animation sequence by default. If you could perhaps find a way to force the game to see the player as an npc at the prescribed stage in the execution package, you might be able to fool the game into actually executing the player as the ultimate punishment. Do as the master/slaver says, or it's game over, with no way to stop it :P

* Execution: Well this doesn't work... yet. Basically it's the exact animation that is shown in the introsequence of the game. I can get it to work to about 80%' date=' the PC is kneeling on the block and a NPC is holding the axe in midair. But then the NPC just freezes there and doesn't chop. I have no idea why, help is very appreciated.[/quote']

I can only venture a couple of guesses here, but it's likely because the intro sequence does the same thing, because the npc has no AI package that actually completes the animation cycle on the player.

Another possibility, is that the game engine recognizes the would be victim as the player, and cuts off the animation sequence by default. If you could perhaps find a way to force the game to see the player as an npc at the prescribed stage in the execution package, you might be able to fool the game into actually executing the player as the ultimate punishment. Do as the master/slaver says, or it's game over, with no way to stop it :P

The game actually does! I found that part in the scripts today and removed it. However the animation doesn't kill you, it "just" removes the players head, which then disappears.

So a proper script has to make sure the two animations (player and executioner) play in-sync and afterwards explicitly kill the player.

post-91792-13597878865938_thumb.jpg