A bit of a Hairstyle porting "error"

hisavraith

Hairstyles with transparency consist of two objects - hair mesh and hairline mesh.

You have hair mesh, so you need hairline mesh.

It have absolutely same parameters as hairs, except of NiAlpha block (flag 4846 Threshold 200).

naotorahair3dsmaxHL.nif

After you got this hairline - add it as extra part to your hairs in CK.

For more info you can look at any hair mod - KS Hairs or SG Hairs for example.

Hairstyles with transparency consist of two objects - hair mesh and hairline mesh.

It have absolutely same parameters as hairs, except of NiAlpha block (flag 4846 Threshold 200).

attachicon.gifnaotorahair3dsmaxHL.nif

Hello thank you for replying, I didn't include it in the list of attached files but it actually already has a hairline, a separate hairname​HL.nif: naotorahair3dsmaxHL.nif <-- This is a different file from what you have provided.

Perhaps mine is corrupted/erroneous? I'll try using yours and see if it works. 

attachicon.gifnaotorahair3dsmaxHL.nif

Hello thank you for replying, I didn't include it in the list of attached files but it actually already has a hairline, a separate hairname​HL.nif: attachicon.gifnaotorahair3dsmaxHL.nif <-- This is a different file from what you have provided.

Perhaps mine is corrupted/erroneous? I'll try using yours and see if it works. 

Oh my bad! Thank you! Flags ​actually do something, huh? Welp, lesson learned.

EDIT: I copied the NiAlphaProperty from KS Hairdo's and its Flags value was 4845, I don't know why but it works in my game. EDIT: Nah, for the HL it was 4846, my fault for not looking.

Archived