Backporting SSE mesh to Oldrim?

SeveN085

Is it possible? I want to use those zombie models from "Plague of the Dead" mod and use them as a replacer for draugrs on classic.

Ain't that a Creation Club mod?  If so you may not be able to use any of the assets in Skyrim Classic.

What who is gonna forbid him?

Is it possible? I want to use those zombie models from "Plague of the Dead" mod and use them as a replacer for draugrs on classic.

Ain't that a Creation Club mod?  If so you may not be able to use any of the assets in Skyrim Classic.

I don't know much about the CC, but I thought once it was uploaded to CC, it was Bethesda's property.  Also wouldn't Bethesda want to keep the mod as an CC exclusive?  Can't get it anywhere else type of thing?

To answer the original question, no you cannot directly port the meshes back to Oldrim because the Nif format for SSE is so different.

However you could theoretically export the nif to an obj, import it into Blender, redo the mesh, then output it back into Oldirm Nif format using one of the export scripts available out in the wild.

This is how a lot of the Fallout 4 armors were ported two and from Oldrim but I'm not knowledgeable on the specifics, just that it can technically be done with a lot of work.

To answer the original question, no you cannot directly port the meshes back to Oldrim because the Nif format for SSE is so different.

However you could theoretically export the nif to an obj, import it into Blender, redo the mesh, then output it back into Oldirm Nif format using one of the export scripts available out in the wild.

This is how a lot of the Fallout 4 armors were ported two and from Oldrim but I'm not knowledgeable on the specifics, just that it can technically be done with a lot of work.

alright, thanks.

I don't know much about the CC, but I thought once it was uploaded to CC, it was Bethesda's property.  Also wouldn't Bethesda want to keep the mod as an CC exclusive?  Can't get it anywhere else type of thing?

I think Beth justified their policy to not allow porting between their own games by blaming their developer saying that the developers own the textures and whatnot and they don't want to have them ported. I'm curious if CC modders are allowed to give permissions to have their assets ported.

Archived