[WIP] Learning the Rig - step by step

Not much to say / show at this point, learning the rig as I go to see what controllers are in place and what constraints are imposed on the joints. Just a small pose test I was working on because, well, I wanted to see how flexible the rig is and hell, female masturbation is hot AF. :D

post-2370345-0-62345800-1507351268_thumb.jpg

Better angle, tweaked the joints to reduce joint compression and introduce ease / relaxation to the pose. Once Im happy with the base pose, then the fun starts ;)

post-2370345-0-28137900-1507352799_thumb.jpg

Its not as easy as the rig appears apparently... this pose, taken in game, looks like some sort of melted mutant freak, all twisted up and gnarled... :/

I think using the F4CAT is not going to work... will try the Biped out again, but its lack of IK resolver for the pelvis / legs irks me... although, I could simply be missing something.

so, here's a question for the remaining F4Biped animators out there because Im wracking my brain trying to figure what I am missing. Using the F4CATBiped, as its the best set up for quick positioning, the question is why the model / skeleton looks as they do in the above SS in Max, but when exported to the game, the pose comes out looking like something from the movie The Thing?

Does Max not take bone position/rotation/scale at frame 0 as the new rest position on its own with this rig or do I have to reset the rest position? I mean, the mesh in-game is something of nightmares...

As illustration point, Ive imported an FBX of the pose animation into the CatImport mesh and this is *exactly* how it looks in-game.

Stumped as to why the pose I made is not translating as expecting into the exported anim file when I have created keys for all controllers / bones at frame 0...

post-2370345-0-25168500-1507395517_thumb.jpg

Did a test - using F4AK rig, everything distorts on export. However, if I use F4BipedCAT by MaikCG, a simple pose renders as expected in-game. Is there a problem with the F4AK rig that isnt documented or is it out of date or something? Regardless, for now I will stay with the one that works and try to recreate my base pose, as above, and animate it as a test.

EDIT: Success! Got the animation to play in-game and rest / animated positions are working! Now onto tweaking the base positioning and then making all the bits and bobs move, not just the left arm and hand.

post-2370345-0-97234700-1507402141_thumb.png

This is more or less the first of many animations that I will be working on and packaging up for whomever wants to use them. Be gentle, lol, still learning the rig and FO4 animation in general. :)

post-2370345-0-55034200-1507477695_thumb.gif

Finisher motion added post-masturbate. KFC time! ;) This one clocks in at 15 seconds complete and is nearly in the bag - just some final fluidity tweaks / joint compression issues to sort out - and then, on to the next idea in my plan! :)

post-2370345-0-95984900-1507503538_thumb.png

Archived