how to adjust sex position in sexout?

ahrimangame

Errr.. if that's the case, it's "your fault."

All the animations are correctly aligned if you're using supported bodies (breezes male, type3 compatible female) and have not grossly changed their size via setscale or something like that.

Support for female body types other than type3 is coming eventually, males too if we get erect meshes for them.

Supporting different scales isn't something sexout can do itself. Astymma was working on a positioning mod that you could use to adjust the offsets that sexout uses, before he had to tend to RL concerns. He might resume work on it, I don't know. It might need the extender save/load functionality in place as well before it can work properly, or he may just have a quest script or 10 with a huge number of vars. ;)

Errr.. if that's the case' date=' it's "your fault."

All the animations are correctly aligned if you're using supported bodies (breezes male, type3 compatible female) and have not grossly changed their size via setscale or something like that.

Support for female body types other than type3 is coming eventually, males too if we get erect meshes for them.

Supporting different scales isn't something sexout can do itself. Astymma was working on a positioning mod that you could use to adjust the offsets that sexout uses, before he had to tend to RL concerns. He might resume work on it, I don't know. It might need the extender save/load functionality in place as well before it can work properly, or he may just have a quest script or 10 with a huge number of vars. ;)

[/quote']

I do still intend to make a positioning/rotation mod but my free time is almost non-existent at the moment.

If someone else wants to take over making such a mod, I'll be happy to help.

The methods are simple:

position

actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:PosX" newPosX 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:PosY" newPosY 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:PosZ" newPosZ 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:PosChanged" 1.00 0

rotation

actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:RotX" newRotX 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:RotY" newRotY 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:RotZ" newRotZ 0
actor.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:RotChanged" 1.00 0

Sexout::PosChanged and Sexout::RotChanged MUST be set to 1.00 in the same frame that the PosX, PosY, and PosZ or RotX, RotY, and RotZ variables are set or the SexoutNGAnimPositionSCRIPTV2 script will overwrite your changes. The SexoutNGAnimPositionSCRIPTV2 script looks for those values and if they're set to 1.00 it updates itself to maintain the new position/rotation it has been given. If it's set to 0.00 it ignores any new values and continues maintaining its existing position/rotation.

Now that the positiong vars are passed to the effect via extender vars rather than via the quest vars, I intend to have the effect refresh the positioning from the NX vars every frame, at some point.

This *should* make changing positioning as easy as changing the NX vars on the appropriate actor. Will require all kinds of crazy testing of course.

Now that the positiong vars are passed to the effect via extender vars rather than via the quest vars' date=' I intend to have the effect refresh the positioning from the NX vars every frame, at some point.

This *should* make changing positioning as easy as changing the NX vars on the appropriate actor. Will require all kinds of crazy testing of course.

[/quote']

Well the main reason I added PosChanged and RotChanged was to have SexoutNGAnimPositionSCRIPTV2 make one NVSEExtender call per frame on NO change instead of three. Of course if there is a change, it has to make four calls instead of three but the trade off I think is worth it.

hmm strange i do use the standard body i dont have much mods on but big horns dick is always under my character stomach humping in air, also the giant flys most of time are not in right place, a little higher or lower sometimes, but about big horns its always very much lower all the time! even when i use setscale to 1,

any solution why this happen??

• 2 weeks later...

It will never die' date=' but it's not a top priority for anyone right now. Are there any animations in particular that need alignment adjusted?

[/quote']

The aligning for all of the animations I've seen is spot on. The only reason I like this feature is because of those weird moments that the terrain under the actors is not even, but isn't so terribly off so that you just could nudge the actors to make it fit. I see it as a sort of "Oh, I don't need PERFECTLY flat terrain to start" feature. Oh and I usually have my character scaled to 1.05 so a few anims look weird (esp. with scaling of say .95 like Sunny), but that's really just a personal preference for size variation and I know it's MY fault for that.

But in the end I just see this as an "ease of access" type mod or something, so you wouldn't need to find perfect conditions to start. It would be nice to have, but I know bug updates and compatibility with mods, etc. comes first.

Nudging your position when off flat ground would just cause it to be off by the same amount next time you are on flat ground.. or ground that's uneven in a somewhat different way/direction. The real solution to that problem is for sexout to disable foot IK and clipping. Working on both when I have time, but obviously not as easy as I'd like them to be.

That's why nudging is there again (I did it quite a lot with the arrow keys in Sexout classic, so I guess it doesn't really bother me). But going with foot IK is always a good idea. I've seen it used in animated mods before and it worked quite alright, but that still leaves the misalignment from scale differences... but I could live with that.

There are many positions that need adjusting, but only for the various creatures. Currently, the different sizes of creatures, like alpha male dogs or young deathclaws try to use the same animations as the regular-sized ones, with hilarious results. Many of the creatures are misaligned to begin with, too, like the bloatflies, which are actually exactly backwards.

I can see why this isn't exactly a major priority for the majority of modders, of course.

There are many positions that need adjusting' date=' but only for the various creatures.[/quote']

Oh yes, I've almost completely forgotten about creatures. Since I normally play my male character, I haven't seen that many creature animations. But I have seen the super mutant's, which I think consist of two possible animations. I noticed about two or so updates ago that their animations are quite off. I don't know if this has been fixed or not; but, when I saw it last, the super mutant's Z axis was way off. He appeared to be hovering several feet off the ground, but the receiving actor seemed to be about where they should have been.

Just throwing that out there, as I didn't see it addressed in any recent updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Prideslayer is currently changing SexoutNG a little on how basic positioning works (not the functionality, but the underlying position variables and how they're stored and retrieved). Once that's completed, I should (I hope) have enough free time to create a positioning mod that will use the number keys to adjust position and rotation of actors involved in SexoutNG sexual animations. I just don't want to build it on the old code when Prideslayer is gonna change how it works. Having rugs pulled out from underneath me is something I avoid hehe.

• 1 month later...

Prideslayer is currently changing SexoutNG a little on how basic positioning works (not the functionality' date=' but the underlying position variables and how they're stored and retrieved). Once that's completed, I should (I hope) have enough free time to create a positioning mod that will use the number keys to adjust position and rotation of actors involved in SexoutNG sexual animations. I just don't want to build it on the old code when Prideslayer is gonna change how it works. Having rugs pulled out from underneath me is something I avoid hehe.

[/quote']

Great. It would be nice to see this. but why should it be a separate mod? It is remarkably simple to implement a key capture for z/x/y positioning (ta Mark Hanna) and it suprises me that it isn't a built in feature like it was in the (open source) LoversPK. I don't know about rotation though. Any calling package should have sorted alignment out before the player sees the animation run. Technically the animator should make sure that everything will line up but it can be a bugger and post-editing start position and alignment is a piece of piss. So if the player has to make adjustments in rotation then something is seriously flaky.

But perhaps Prideslayer sees difficulties that aren't apparent to the untrained eye.

Providing a simple means of adjusting position in x y or z would usually mean that a new anim wasn't always necessary for each potential encounter involving a humanoid or creature in a different scale, or misalignments due to uneven surfaces. That means that those who don't like playing with animations get a bit more freedom and less air humping, and it saves time for animators like me who are lazy.

I'll probably be changing most of the anims in my game anyway as I don't like being railroaded into using someone else's preferred proportions and like to use a range of scales from .8 to 1.2.

If I bother to hack out Prideslayer's stuff I'll let you know what I did.

Prideslayer is currently changing SexoutNG a little on how basic positioning works (not the functionality' date=' but the underlying position variables and how they're stored and retrieved). Once that's completed, I should (I hope) have enough free time to create a positioning mod that will use the number keys to adjust position and rotation of actors involved in SexoutNG sexual animations. I just don't want to build it on the old code when Prideslayer is gonna change how it works. Having rugs pulled out from underneath me is something I avoid hehe.

[/quote']

Great. It would be nice to see this. but why should it be a separate mod? It is remarkably simple to implement a key capture for z/x/y positioning (ta Mark Hanna) and it suprises me that it isn't a built in feature like it was in the (open source) LoversPK. I don't know about rotation though. Any calling package should have sorted alignment out before the player sees the animation run. Technically the animator should make sure that everything will line up but it can be a bugger and post-editing start position and alignment is a piece of piss. So if the player has to make adjustments in rotation then something is seriously flaky.

But perhaps Prideslayer sees difficulties that aren't apparent to the untrained eye.

Providing a simple means of adjusting position in x y or z would usually mean that a new anim wasn't always necessary for each potential encounter involving a humanoid or creature in a different scale, or misalignments due to uneven surfaces. That means that those who don't like playing with animations get a bit more freedom and less air humping, and it saves time for animators like me who are lazy.

I'll probably be changing most of the anims in my game anyway as I don't like being railroaded into using someone else's preferred proportions and like to use a range of scales from .8 to 1.2.

If I bother to hack out Prideslayer's stuff I'll let you know what I did.

Simply providing positioning/rotation is easy. Making it function correctly without disturbing existing Sexout functionality isn't. If you want to take a look at the changes I made to Sexout positioning that are already in Sexout, check my post here.

Simply providing positioning/rotation is easy. Making it function correctly without disturbing existing Sexout functionality isn't. If you want to take a look at the changes I made to Sexout positioning that are already in Sexout, check my post here.

Hmm, yes, that is sort of my point. It is easy to make a keypress capture (and store if you want) for position changes, and it should be easy to ensure that these values are not overwritten the very next frame by default values. And that, (in my experience to date), is all there is to it. I say should be easy but I don't know, because unlike all the other mods and modding tools in this area (that I have come across anyway) the implementation details are not provided, so exactly what Prideslayer is doing, beyond the variables that he allows you to submit, I do not know, without ferreting.

Sexout is impressive, don't get me wrong. It is no small accomplishment and bears comparison with its predecessors. However, the impression that I am getting is that the SexoutNG setup is rather inflexible and slightly bottle-necked, maybe a bit monolithic, and definitely not designed with flexibility in mind.

The ability to respond to evolving opportunities or expand/improve features seems to have been considered secondary to the priority of establishing a control hierarchy. None of the disorganised, freebooting chaos of LoversPK here (god only knows how they manage ;)). Of course, (i) that means a lot on the plate of the SexoutNG management, and (ii) if someone had a cool idea that involved anything beyond the preconceived notions of da management then the chances of getting it to work are nil and (iii) if someone makes a design decision early on that they later regret then they are stuffed.

Hm, yeah, things being as unbreakable as possible is sorta the main thing for NG. Quite a bit of redundancy & triple-checking stuff just to make sure. With a buggy game, a buggy & totally underdocumented CS in the GECK (allowing modders to mess things beyond recognition), not to mention a woefully underdeveloped script extender in NVSE, it's not overkill for pride to take that level of control, IMO.

Not that I read your post as criticism, labrat, it's a fair assessment. Just pointing out the rationale/upside. Sometimes we just have to wait a little for things to happen. That's cool. :cool:

Hmm, I think you guys have misunderstood me or I wasn't clear...

The changes to the positioning script were already completed and, according to the linked post I gave, you can manipulate them now with a mod if desired. The math is fairly simple.

What hasn't changed (or at least hasn't that I know of) was the callback system regarding the information you would need to know to know WHEN to use positioning. It was supposed to have been replaced with extender NX vars afaik. To do positioning you need to know ALL of the actors participating, which actor had SexoutNGBegin cast on them (to know who to cast SexoutNGPause and SexoutNGResume on so you can let users position actors without running out the timer) and likely whether a "surface" was being used (i.e. is this on a bed or chair or another surface?).

So I'm not waiting on the positioning system so much as waiting on callback system to get updated to the new extender-based system of NX vars. That's what I meant by getting it to work with Sexout being less trivial. I seriously doubt if positioning will increase instability in Sexout as long as it follows the existing (and despite what's been said, extremely flexible) system of using callback lists correctly to "speak" with Sexout using an organized and stable conversation.

Archived