how to adjust sex position in sexout?

ahrimangame

Hmm' date=' I think you guys have misunderstood me or I wasn't clear...

The changes to the positioning script were already completed and, according to the linked post I gave, you can manipulate them now with a mod if desired. The math is fairly simple.

What hasn't changed (or at least hasn't that I know of) was the callback system regarding the information you would need to know to know WHEN to use positioning. It was supposed to have been replaced with extender NX vars afaik. To do positioning you need to know ALL of the actors participating, which actor had SexoutNGBegin cast on them (to know who to cast SexoutNGPause and SexoutNGResume on so you can let users position actors without running out the timer) and likely whether a "surface" was being used (i.e. is this on a bed or chair or another surface?).

So I'm not waiting on the positioning system so much as waiting on callback system to get updated to the new extender-based system of NX vars. That's what I meant by getting it to work with Sexout being less trivial. I seriously doubt if positioning will increase instability in Sexout as long as it follows the existing (and despite what's been said, extremely flexible) system of using callback lists correctly to "speak" with Sexout using an organized and stable conversation.

[/quote']

Great.:) Is this now at the functional level of "add this .esp and numkeys 1..4, 9&0 work"? Or do I take it that you mean that you have just added the variables and a modder has to produce an third plugin that actually gives the keypress handling code that allows the player to manipulate them?

I'd love to know just how flexible it is, then. As you show a far more detailed knowledge of the interface than is revealed on the rather superficial http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8982 thread could you point me at some other documentation? Once I get a clearer picture of the way it works it may be easier to understand why such a trivial piece of functionality isn't built in. Oh and by the way, on reflection, it probably is a good idea to give the player the ability to play with rotation. If the anim calls are working more by luck than judgement then chances are you'll need it one day.

Given the flexibility of the extender should I take it that it would be a relatively trivial operation to script in animation replacer/update functions and the basic speed up slow down (e & z)? and I've got other ideas, not currently implemented for morphing, nif exchange and texture animations which may or may not rely on idle calls, (pickidle? I take it that Prideslayer knows that most of what he may have ever heard/read about playidle is bullshit and it is easy to implement both on player and npc), all of which are I think quite feasible using the Geck but god knows how to talk to the extender about them.

I'd also like to take the extender apart so I could see what might bugger up an animation. Just in case (god forbid :D) Prideslayer isn't omniscient. I can do that the hard way or the easy way. I only know the hard way. Do you know an easy way?

Great.:) Is this now at the functional level of "add this .esp and numkeys 1..4' date=' 9&0 work"? Or do I take it that you mean that you have just added the variables and a modder has to produce an third plugin that actually gives the keypress handling code that allows the player to manipulate them?

I'd love to know just how flexible it is, then. As you show a far more detailed knowledge of the interface than is revealed on the rather superficial http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8982 thread could you point me at some other documentation? Once I get a clearer picture of the way it works it may be easier to understand why such a trivial piece of functionality isn't built in. Oh and by the way, on reflection, it probably is a good idea to give the player the ability to play with rotation. If the anim calls are working more by luck than judgement then chances are you'll need it one day.

Given the flexibility of the extender should I take it that it would be a relatively trivial operation to script in animation replacer/update functions and the basic speed up slow down (e & z)? and I've got other ideas, not currently implemented for morphing, nif exchange and texture animations which may or may not rely on idle calls, (pickidle? I take it that Prideslayer knows that most of what he may have ever heard/read about playidle is bullshit and it is easy to implement both on player and npc), all of which are I think quite feasible using the Geck but god knows how to talk to the extender about them.

I'd also like to take the extender apart so I could see what might bugger up an animation. Just in case (god forbid :D) Prideslayer isn't omniscient. I can do that the hard way or the easy way. I only know the hard way. Do you know an easy way?

[/quote']

As I said in the post you quoted, I was waiting on the callback system to be migrated to the NX vars before releasing a positioning plugin.

As for how flexible it is, you posted the link to the appropriate documentation already. Sexout exposes every single procedural step via the callback system. It's quite easy to check the various callback lists for data about the current act. You can also add your spells to the cast lists so that they're cast at the beginning, during or after an act. It exposes a scanner if you need that functionality.

As for the extender, if you need functionality in the extender, request it in the extender thread. The download for the extender should include its source code as well if you desire to dig under the hood. Currently, it implements additional nvse functions that Sexout requires.

On a side note, you seem dismissive of Sexout and the extender. I'm not sure if that's your intent or not. I'm just mentioning that it's the way it appears to me. Try to remember that it neither has the development time nor the obse function support of something like the Lovers system for Oblivion. Our major disadvantage has been lack of animators, so adding something like faster or slower animations just hasn't been feasible. We're lucky we have the animations we do have. If we had the support of a large group of animators, we'd certainly already have something as trivial as e/z key slower/faster version of animations. Positioning is only waiting on a system shift from old variable system to new variable system. As far as I know, animation replace is already functional and animation update wouldn't be difficult to add... but both should be developed after the system variable shift. You're catching Sexout in the middle of a major shift in how it works... no shock that some functionality has been temporarily postponed during the change.

Great.:) Is this now at the functional level of "add this .esp and numkeys 1..4' date=' 9&0 work"? Or do I take it that you mean that you have just added the variables and a modder has to produce an third plugin that actually gives the keypress handling code that allows the player to manipulate them?

[/quote']

As I said in the post you quoted, I was waiting on the callback system to be migrated to the NX vars before releasing a positioning plugin.

As for how flexible it is, you posted the link to the appropriate documentation already. Sexout exposes every single procedural step via the callback system. It's quite easy to check the various callback lists for data about the current act. You can also add your spells to the cast lists so that they're cast at the beginning, during or after an act. It exposes a scanner if you need that functionality.

As for the extender, if you need functionality in the extender, request it in the extender thread. The download for the extender should include its source code as well if you desire to dig under the hood. Currently, it implements additional nvse functions that Sexout requires.

On a side note, you seem dismissive of Sexout and the extender. I'm not sure if that's your intent or not. I'm just mentioning that it's the way it appears to me. Try to remember that it neither has the development time nor the obse function support of something like the Lovers system for Oblivion. Our major disadvantage has been lack of animators, so adding something like faster or slower animations just hasn't been feasible. We're lucky we have the animations we do have. If we had the support of a large group of animators, we'd certainly already have something as trivial as e/z key slower/faster version of animations. Positioning is only waiting on a system shift from old variable system to new variable system. As far as I know, animation replace is already functional and animation update wouldn't be difficult to add... but both should be developed after the system variable shift. You're catching Sexout in the middle of a major shift in how it works... no shock that some functionality has been temporarily postponed during the change.

I think I already said that I think that SexoutNG is quite a piece of work. I'm just trying to get a handle on how it works as it seems quite idiosyncratic.

As regards animation; in LoversPK the animations are divided into four phases, often the only difference between phases 1..3 is that the tempo is doubled or trebled, hence it is a two minute job to edit an animation in NifSkope by changing the frequency field from 1 to 2 or 3 and saving it as a "new" animation. No skill required but the effect is quite obvious. (Phase 0 (the last) is usually distinct as it is the orgasm phase and handles tidy up). The E key can be used to move the action on a phase if you choose to do so manually rather than auto. Z swaps the current animation for the next one in the group, (animations are loosely grouped into positions though this isn't hard and fast, unlike many of the anims themselves ;))

Speaking of hard & fast anims where's Donkey these days? did I miss something?

The page I linked to gives a very spartan set of available calls that the modder can use, and I think that it assumes that you are already familiar with the historical development of SexoutNG. I know that I should probably know what you mean, but I don't, by "Sexout exposes every single procedural step via the callback system." Could you imagine that you are addressing an underachieving infant and say it again? With other mods and mod tools a forensic analysis in the CS/Geck usually makes it plain what is going on and I'm sure Sexout is no different really, but my preliminary investigations, as it were, tend to lead me to dead ends and up back alleys.

The reason I want under the hood of the extender is that I am under the impression (probably incorrect) that a lot of the processing is hardwired in there and that implementation is hidden from the user/modder. No, the src is not given in the download. Perhaps it was omitted in error, as I don't offhand know of any other mod or mod tool that doesn't let you see the gubbins.

I have quite a bit of time for Prideslayer and SexoutNG. It's a notable achievement. My questions revolve around the probable misapprehension that he's created something that is, while functionally robust, of limited potential and a bugger to change, and that implementation details are hidden or incompletely revealed making it difficult to tinker with in your own shed.

And they are questions, not accusations and shouldn't be seen as such, so I'll shut up about it for now and get Sexout up on the slab for a good gutting.

I think I already said that I think that SexoutNG is quite a piece of work. I'm just trying to get a handle on how it works as it seems quite idiosyncratic.

As regards animation; in LoversPK the animations are divided into four phases' date=' often the only difference between phases 1..3 is that the tempo is doubled or trebled, hence it is a two minute job to edit an animation in NifSkope by changing the frequency field from 1 to 2 or 3 and saving it as a "new" animation. No skill required but the effect is quite obvious. (Phase 0 (the last) is usually distinct as it is the orgasm phase and handles tidy up). The E key can be used to move the action on a phase if you choose to do so manually rather than auto. Z swaps the current animation for the next one in the group, (animations are loosely grouped into positions though this isn't hard and fast, unlike many of the anims themselves ;))

Speaking of hard & fast anims where's Donkey these days? did I miss something?

The page I linked to gives a very spartan set of available calls that the modder can use, and I think that it assumes that you are already familiar with the historical development of SexoutNG. I know that I should probably know what you mean, but I don't, by "Sexout exposes every single procedural step via the callback system." Could you imagine that you are addressing an underachieving infant and say it again? With other mods and mod tools a forensic analysis in the CS/Geck usually makes it plain what is going on and I'm sure Sexout is no different really, but my preliminary investigations, as it were, tend to lead me to dead ends and up back alleys.

The reason I want under the hood of the extender is that I am under the impression (probably incorrect) that a lot of the processing is hardwired in there and that implementation is hidden from the user/modder. No, the src is not given in the download. Perhaps it was omitted in error, as I don't offhand know of any other mod or mod tool that doesn't let you see the gubbins.

I have quite a bit of time for Prideslayer and SexoutNG. It's a notable achievement. My questions revolve around the probable misapprehension that he's created something that is, while functionally robust, of limited potential and a bugger to change, and that implementation details are hidden or incompletely revealed making it difficult to tinker with in your own shed.

And they are questions, not accusations and shouldn't be seen as such, so I'll shut up about it for now and get Sexout up on the slab for a good gutting.

[/quote']

Well, tbh, modifying Sexout itself isn't "supported" per se. To determine exactly how Sexout functions, you'll likely need to do what I did... start tearing it apart script by script and spell by spell and list by list.

When I said that it exposes every procedural step, that is done by utilizing the callbacks such as CBDialog, CBitem, CBSpell, etc.. You can also utilize the notification hooks by adding your formlists to the notification formlists. As an example, if you want to know when any sex act begins and ends you would add 3 lists to 3 lists in Sexout. SexoutNGFLGlobalStartA, SexoutNGFLGlobalStartV, SexoutNGFLGlobalStart0 are the lists you would add your own lists to for example so that they get populated with any sex acts when they begin. The A,V and O just mean anal, vaginal and oral. An example plugin that uses the notification hooks is found by extracting the sexout core fomod and looking in the SexoutNGOptions folder for the file named SexoutNotify.esp. There's also the scanner lists that expose the Sexout scanner so you can be notified of scanning results around the player.

As for animations, I know how they're sped up and slowed down and you're right, it's fairly easy. Unfortunately, as I said, we simply lack animators to do it... and tbh, we also lack animating guides or how-to's from experienced people like yourself that might make some of these tasks easier for non-animators to do on their own. I don't think Sexout has support for that at this time though and would likely need to be modified to support it.

I have quite a bit of time for Prideslayer and SexoutNG. It's a notable achievement. My questions revolve around the probable misapprehension that he's created something that is' date=' while functionally robust, of limited potential and a bugger to change, and that implementation details are hidden or incompletely revealed making it difficult to tinker with in your own shed.

And they are questions, not accusations and shouldn't be seen as such, so I'll shut up about it for now and get Sexout up on the slab for a good gutting.[/quote']

LOL, Welcome to the team, can't wait to see what you cook up, new people always seem to come up with new ideas :)

I think it's just most of us are too busy with plugins to get stuick into how it works, it certainly seems solid enough, and heck it's like herding cats to get a bunch of modders of vastly different fields and experience to work together like this is a minor miracle :)

I can't help much myself, but feel free to pull anything of mine apart and tender any opinions and I'll either tell you why I did what I did and/or slap myself for doing it the hard way :)

And the GECK is a harsh mistress, we've found a lot of limitations that I suspect aren't shared a lot elsewhere by those doing larger mods that push at the engines limits :)

Archived