[Stellaris]Mod Request - Unlocked Synths

Tyrranus

So, aside from the laziness of the new dlc having no ships/cities for synths there was one huge(for me) annoyance... forcing everyone to use a synth equivalent to a hive mind.

I get it from the dev and "lore" perspectives but, as argued here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/allow-machine-races-to-use-other-government-types.1045127/, there are several ways to look at unlocking them from that paradigm.

I really expected this to have been a thing already done by modders by now but Ive yet to see it so I'm asking for it.

Perhaps the great and powerful and awesome and beautiful Nessa can work some magic here? :D

Not enough kissing. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

OK, to do this, you'd need to...... I think edit the species_classes file to allow machines to use something other than auth_machine_intelligence. That should open up machines to other authority types.

But I'm not up to speed on how that interacts with the events, traits, etc. I -think- traits would still work without editing. But there's probably something else that might need changing so it doesn't bork everything up.

I'm not really into bots so I'm kind of the wrong person to ask here. (Though we do have some bots planned for the future.) Unless there's something I'm not aware of making this impossible (could be), there probably will be a mod that does this at some point. angel.gif

If anybody else knows more, chime in please. I'm really just a ship/station maker at the moment. Haven't done much scripting lately. laugh.png

• 1 month later...

Archived