Riverwood Respite Playerhome +Bathing area

View File

We're Officially out of beta!....Although i'm by no means finished! Thank you all for your support!

Nexus link for endorsement:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86962/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D2%26id%3D86962

Hello Please Endorse If you like the mod!
Riverwood Respite Is a very cosy Player home that acts as both a functioning player home and also the Ideal Practical "Respite" for your Dragonborn, the home features many things things that will appeal to just about everybody! ...from a beautiful bathing area to a prison....and much more to come!

features:

• Bathing area
  • Dungeon (Not shown in screenshots atm)
  • Alchemy/enchanting area
  • Crafting area

To do:

• Childrens bedrooms
  • Adjust lighting
  • Add more clutter/decoration
  • Add more furnishings to exterior

Incompatibility

1. ETAC (Patch In the works)

Am I still working on this Project?....YES
(I will alter this when I finish working on this mod)

Screenshot credits:
Brandiibuck
ista3

took it for a short test drive

location is good for a low level/new character player home (does not conflict with the Riverwood SOS shop).

pro (plus) stuff

good location

easy to find

has good crafting abilities overall

safe storage (plenty of it)

nice object placement (clutter and other things are well placed overall and fit with the theme it presents {to me} nicely)

dungeon (crafting area) can hold 4 npcs (slave/prisoner type would be best)

nice bathing area

nice explanation of why it is given to you so early in the game (vanilla start based)

fits lore wise right off and fits the are it is placed in (it looks like it very easily could have been a part of the vanilla game .. kudos for doing that)

does not go - here is your mansion for the god you will eventually become (at the very beginning of the game).

cons (minus stuff)

inside very tight (makes it not very follower friendly even if navmesh is perfect...just too tight on corridors)

no cooking pot/spit ..the oven only makes a few items

dark inside...very very dark inside (I had to use candlelight/magelight the whole time I was inside it) and no I do not use an ENB (boost yes ... actual enb no)

and yes I saw you know to adjust the lighting already.

getting to the alchemy/enchanting crafting stations can be difficult (very narrow passage way beside the pc's bed) 

a skyforge inside a player home that early in game seems over the top to me (personal opinion) would have preferred an anvil (blacksmith forge at most).

overall a nice low level player home for a newer character (providing you do not have more than 1-2 followers yet)

once you have the lighting adjusted it will be a lot nicer.

suggestions

when you make a bedroom for children to make a 2nd bedroom for a follower (2 beds for followers would be about right I think)

place a cooking spit somewhere (maybe outside??)

possibly replace skyforge with anvil or blacksmith forge??

if you plan to keep the prison (crafting area) for keeping hostile (supposedly) npcs (slaves or prisoners etc) some kind of divider from crafting area (in addition to the cell doors themselves)

a lot of care went into the making of the home and it shows.

took it for a short test drive

location is good for a low level/new character player home (does not conflict with the Riverwood SOS shop).

pro (plus) stuff

good location

easy to find

has good crafting abilities overall

safe storage (plenty of it)

nice object placement (clutter and other things are well placed overall and fit with the theme it presents {to me} nicely)

dungeon (crafting area) can hold 4 npcs (slave/prisoner type would be best)

nice bathing area

nice explanation of why it is given to you so early in the game (vanilla start based)

fits lore wise right off and fits the are it is placed in (it looks like it very easily could have been a part of the vanilla game .. kudos for doing that)

does not go - here is your mansion for the god you will eventually become (at the very beginning of the game).

cons (minus stuff)

inside very tight (makes it not very follower friendly even if navmesh is perfect...just too tight on corridors)

no cooking pot/spit ..the oven only makes a few items

dark inside...very very dark inside (I had to use candlelight/magelight the whole time I was inside it) and no I do not use an ENB (boost yes ... actual enb no)

and yes I saw you know to adjust the lighting already.

getting to the alchemy/enchanting crafting stations can be difficult (very narrow passage way beside the pc's bed) 

a skyforge inside a player home that early in game seems over the top to me (personal opinion) would have preferred an anvil (blacksmith forge at most).

overall a nice low level player home for a newer character (providing you do not have more than 1-2 followers yet)

once you have the lighting adjusted it will be a lot nicer.

suggestions

when you make a bedroom for children to make a 2nd bedroom for a follower (2 beds for followers would be about right I think)

place a cooking spit somewhere (maybe outside??)

possibly replace skyforge with anvil or blacksmith forge??

if you plan to keep the prison (crafting area) for keeping hostile (supposedly) npcs (slaves or prisoners etc) some kind of divider from crafting area (in addition to the cell doors themselves)

a lot of care went into the making of the home and it shows.

Thank you very much valcon767! 

I love your suggestions, I was also thinking that the home is fairly cramped and definitely the entrance to the alchemy/enchanting area.

Also as for the  followers sleeping area do you think I should make a separate cell follower " Sleeping quarters" as I would have to Remodel the entire interior otherwise.  :blink: 

from you main post you said you plan to make children's bedrooms later

just make 1 child bedroom and 1 for followers wherever you were going to put the children's bedroom

..or you can make it the same room (by putting a adult double bed and 2 child beds in the same room).

or possibly you could adjust the crafting area (dungeon) and make it full service

section for crafting and followers sleeping with a divider between that part and the cells.

just a few suggestions

from you main post you said you plan to make children's bedrooms later

just make 1 child bedroom and 1 for followers wherever you were going to put the children's bedroom

..or you can make it the same room (by putting a adult double bed and 2 child beds in the same room).

or possibly you could adjust the crafting area (dungeon) and make it full service

section for crafting and followers sleeping with a divider between that part and the cells.

just a few suggestions

I like the Idea about dividing the Dungeon area into sections I will definitely take it into consideration! ;)

Also could I possibly trouble you for some screenshots so that I can see which areas need lighting adjustments? (As the lighting looks fine in my game)

Edit: I just went in game with ELFX enabled....I see what you mean oh god...I'll work on a fix right away!!

Fixed In version: 1.1

Not a bad start, like someone mentioned earlier, the bedroom could be a bit more spacious. I like the idea of the dungeon, been wanting a house similar to this and the spot is perfect as I have a player house just down the river. I know its early edition so things like lighting will eventually be added so can't comment on that. I'd say a side room for the enchanting and alchemy tables.

My suggestion would be double the upper floor and build it into the rock wall out back. As for room layouts, the player house I mentioned above, take a look at it and maybe it can give you some ideas on layout and decorations. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14308/? Probably one of my favorite houses.

As for a few issues, where its at conflicts with a riverwood update mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18952/? it doubles the bridge out front and puts 2 trees right thru the porch and side of the house. Pictures below.

And last, few spelling errors in the letter. :P

post-293594-0-39921900-1506639665_thumb.jpg

post-293594-0-27576600-1506639652_thumb.jpg

Not a bad start, like someone mentioned earlier, the bedroom could be a bit more spacious. I like the idea of the dungeon, been wanting a house similar to this and the spot is perfect as I have a player house just down the river. I know its early edition so things like lighting will eventually be added so can't comment on that. I'd say a side room for the enchanting and alchemy tables.

My suggestion would be double the upper floor and build it into the rock wall out back. As for room layouts, the player house I mentioned above, take a look at it and maybe it can give you some ideas on layout and decorations. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14308/? Probably one of my favorite houses.

As for a few issues, where its at conflicts with a riverwood update mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18952/? it doubles the bridge out front and puts 2 trees right thru the porch and side of the house. Pictures below.

attachicon.gifScreenShot33.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot31.jpg

Spelling errors?!.....what do you mean? you much be lying!!!

jk lol thank you for bringing this to my attention!  ;)

And I'm planning on releasing a compatibility patch for mods that overhaul riverwood when I finish the interior. 

attachicon.gifScreenShot33.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot31.jpg

Spelling errors?!.....what do you mean? you much be lying!!!

jk lol thank you for bringing this to my attention!  ;)

And I'm planning on releasing a compatibility patch for mods that overhaul riverwood when I finish the interior. 

Sounds good, fairly certain that is with the Riverwood overhaul mod. I have several that alter that region, doubt its Ebonvale, thats further to the north up the hill that leads up to Bleakfalls. However the Great Forest of Whiterun mod alters trees on the north side of Ebonvale, so I doubt the trees in the porch are caused by Great Forest.

ok tried 1.1 and the lighting is way better

couple of areas still kinda dim in my setup (but those fit anyway...dark corners)...so that is good

suggestions for you consideration

in the pic (respite 1) if you wanted you could close off the section (yellow line around it) by the bed leading to the

enchanter/alchemy table, then just put a door in the hall (red line around area) which would do both - make it much

easier to access, and give them their own little room.

in the pic (respite 2 taken in the bath area) I drew a red line around a wall section...you could probably open that up easily to

make a spot to place child bedroom, follower bedroom or whatever ...if you want to.

the lighting improvement makes it much nicer already....a very good beginner home now.

and it could very easily become a good player home overall (not a mansion or high level characters main home...

but a great get away from all the crap home....the place you go to just relax without having to worry about much of anything).

post-852155-0-67570300-1506664405_thumb.jpg

post-852155-0-80640400-1506664414_thumb.jpg

ok tried 1.1 and the lighting is way better

couple of areas still kinda dim in my setup (but those fit anyway...dark corners)...so that is good

suggestions for you consideration

in the pic (respite 1) if you wanted you could close off the section (yellow line around it) by the bed leading to the

enchanter/alchemy table, then just put a door in the hall (red line around area) which would do both - make it much

easier to access, and give them their own little room.

in the pic (respite 2 taken in the bath area) I drew a red line around a wall section...you could probably open that up easily to

make a spot to place child bedroom, follower bedroom or whatever ...if you want to.

the lighting improvement makes it much nicer already....a very good beginner home now.

and it could very easily become a good player home overall (not a mansion or high level characters main home...

but a great get away from all the crap home....the place you go to just relax without having to worry about much of anything).

Thank you very Much I like the idea of placing the follower room in the bathing area! and I'm glad that the lighting looks fine! :D

Your esp file adds some clearly unnecessary edits to some vanilla records, like cells and objects. It's better to clean them up with TESVEdit tool for better compatibility with other mods.

I think it's wise to make any mod as standalone as possible and to reduce any conflicts with other mods to minimal.

Your esp file adds some clearly unnecessary edits to some vanilla records, like cells and objects. It's better to clean them up with TESVEdit tool for better compatibility with other mods.

I think it's wise to make any mod as standalone as possible and to reduce any conflicts with other mods to minimal.

Hey, Yes I realise that and will fix that asap it was caused by asset grabbing in some vanilla areas (Nothing game breaking) it was simply moving an animation marker out of the way.....although I will be cleaning this with Ts5edit.

Hey Aequus 

I'm fairly inexperienced with TES5edit Can I possibly send you the "Cleaned" esp to check if I did it properly?....If its no trouble of course.

Hey, Yes I realise that and will fix that asap it was caused by asset grabbing in some vanilla areas (Nothing game breaking) it was simply moving an animation marker out of the way.....although I will be cleaning this with Ts5edit.

Hey Aequus 

I'm fairly inexperienced with TES5edit Can I possibly send you the "Cleaned" esp to check if I did it properly?....If its no trouble of course.

Well, I'm not much of an expert myself, but I have cleaned your esp already (more or less). Just see the attachment below. I hope it helps.

And using TES5Edit is easy. This tool will highlight any vanilla records as well as any changes within these records. Cleaning the loose ends never been this easy!

As for me, I usually don't touch the vanilla records when I'm using the Creation Kit. Duplication is much better and it's completely safe.

Riverwood Respite.esp

Hey Aequus 

Well, I'm not much of an expert myself, but I have cleaned your esp already (more or less). Just see the attachment below. I hope it helps.

And using TES5Edit is easy. This tool will highlight any vanilla records as well as any changes within these records. Cleaning the loose ends never been this easy!

As for me, I usually don't touch the vanilla records when I'm using the Creation Kit. Duplication is much better and it's completely safe.

Omg thank you so much for doing that Aeguus! you're a huge help!

...I'll be sure to credit you in the next version of the mod! ;)