Carbine Rifle mod (opinions Needed)

hey i just made a quick modification of some of the rifles in new vegas.

check out the attached image

my plan is to upload it as a proper mod, i just need general suggestions from people as help,

1. i want to make the changes to the rifle an in-game modification eg extended magazine, this is mostly simple but i cant decide what to call the weapon mod that changes the Stock (back end of the gun), i was thinking furniture upgrade but im not sure.

2.i want to add the weapon mods into fallout so that they appear in vendors and random boxes, not really sure how to do this any help would be appreciated.

3. what effect should the mods have, extended mags is pretty obvious but i would love other suggestions.

4.if i cant get the weapon mods to work ill just make them unique rifles, if so im gunna have to come up with a cool post apocalyptic name, i dont want to just call it an m16 or ar15 thats been done to death.

oh and any other useful input is welcome

1. i think it's called a "stock" not sure not much of a weapon expert since they are illegal

2. should be easy as every vendor normally has a chest or direct inventory just a matter of searching the NPC itself

3. Have no experience here sorry!

4. Agree don't ask me for names i hate names!

Wish you luck!

1. Yea, stock is correct. You can have standard wooden, or plastic/composite, pistol grip or even folding stocks (for airborne troops) to name just a few examples.

2. Will take some work inside the CS but it is doable.

3. In addition to extended mags you could have different scopes/sights (scope/accuracy boost), barrel replacements (longer lasting), upgraded internal parts (increase rate of fire) just to name a few and get the ball rolling.

4. Pick a name that would make "you" want to use the weapon. That name can be scary, silly or just unique. The point is don't worry too much about it.

Archived