SkyrimNexus... Going Back?

Now could be opening the proverbial basket of worms here, but what's wrong with using Steam? I basically only use Steam now since Dante had an eppy over me using an armour conversion from someone I provided evidence of giving me permission for, so I just dont use Nexus anymore - I'm not banned, I just don;t want to publish there anymore since their rules are basically whatever the mod says they are on the day - with Nexus I might get a couple thousand downloads over a long time - with Steam, my most popular mod is about 16K subscribers, and that's one of 10 so far, the rest range but I guess an average would be about 7k or so? That's many times Nexus and there are no Dante's around to ban you due to waking up in a bad mood.

I don't get why people want to use Nexus - Steam now has a vast user base - most are novices so of course you will get thousands of dumb questions due to reading your description being too hard, due to, well you know, 'words' and of course huge amounts of trolls and honest republicans being zealot asshats, but if you can put up with that is at least a place where people will enjoy your mods - even if most people who comment will call you the devil, wish you dead and all that wonderful enlightened stuff.

I got banned there (WAY after I've learned about LL) and I sent in a request to get unbanned; unanswered, no surprise those assholes. I eventually just made a new account a couple days later, and everything is just find, then again I never host any files. I'd think uploading all of the exact same files MIGHT get you banned again (although they aren't the reasons why you were banned). No one likes stupid mods, and I never understood what the hate was about until I actually experienced a dumb mod.

I got banned there (WAY after I've learned about LL) and I sent in a request to get unbanned; unanswered' date=' no surprise those assholes. I eventually just made a new account a couple days later, and everything is just find, then again I never host any files. I'd think uploading all of the exact same files MIGHT get you banned again (although they aren't the reasons why you were banned). No one likes stupid mods, and I never understood what the hate was about until I actually experienced a dumb mod.

[/quote']

lemme guess... The Virgin dante?

I've had a backup sitting, activated of course so it doesn't get dropped, in Nexus for a while. If I manage to get myself banned, I fully intend to use the backup I keep of my tracked mods list, and a proxy, to continue lurking, and keeping the mods I use updated. Stopped caring about that community a long time ago, since they protect the worst "rights" and have such an unfounded hatred for the lab, a site that has done absolutely /nothing/ to harm them as far as I can tell. They just don't agree with the way it's run, so either darkone or one of his puppets tossed it in the word filter, and censor any mention the site gets, threatening and banning anyone that stands up to them. If we're lucky, one day someone will get tired of their crap and usurp the whole operation.

I think you underestimate LL. Sicne I learned about this place I've prefered to browse here rather than the nexus. Especially since the search function doesn't spam me with tons of garbage before I find what I'm really looknig for. In fact sometimes on the nexus when I search a word nothing related will come up and something(s) related I know is on it dont.

Here, to get interest all you need is a thread with a searchable title and make yourself a banner for your sig to get people's interest in whatever it is you have to offer. People thanking and questioning will bump your thread and give it even more light.

you can't post anything on nexus' date=' i posted this ss and some others there all where deleted in some min

reason for deleting it was a ripped (tera)armor mod, loli was to loli

and more of that bulshit, now i just look around there to see whats new

it all depends for when your posting screens, one time i posted a tera thing a long time ago and it was never taken down, the months later i posted another tera armor and it was instantly taken down, then months after that i post a non tera armor, but then they took down the first tera thing i posted xD

• 7 months later...

whenever i need help from the nexus related to something i found here on loverslab i just put it in the tags "modnameloverslab" in one word so that it doesn't get censored by them. apparently no one there can think openly ironically even though one of their first and possibly most popular mods is related to PROSTITUTION.

look at the virgin dante's profile...a scottish biker into all things masculine...but the sight of a nipple....omg...shock horror...ha ha

ive been banned by that tosser many times and quite honestly..i don't give a toss.

all nexus has in reality is a grip on skyrim mods all thier other ones ie *oblivion fallout xcom <ha ha* are kinda outdated..

they will fail.... there just cashing in while they can ...this place is beyond that,at least we can act like adults here

I was banned by The Vampire Dante as well. I had an "inappropriate" username (ok, it was 'BukkakeWaffles,' maybe I'll start using that here :P). I had to submit an unban request which then prompted a conversation with me and him and he re-instated my account with a new username. Even though he did that, he came across as a pretentious, condescending douche.

I hate Nexus, a mod there broke my game one time and I tried to get help from the modder who created it. He said it wasn't his mod's fault but when I had proof it was because of his mod, he basically said "deal with with it."

The community here is a million times better.

Moonshadow Elves......

53k downloads in the first 48 hours after I uploaded it. One week after I posted it, I get warning about using ear meshes from Oblivion Nexus, because the moderator had no clue that they were a free to use resource, and ended up looking like a total asshat for not doing even a minute of research before issuing the warning. 2 weeks after I posted Moonshadow Elves, I get yet another warning about one of the pics I used being "inappropriate", from none other than the same moderator who hassled me a week before.

I politely said I would deal with it immediately, and promptly removed ALL of my stuff from Nexus before they could have the satisfaction of banning me ;)

To this day, people STILL ask where the Moonshadow Elves mod disappeared to, and other Nexus users direct them here via PMs where they find all of my stuff, as well as everyone else's LOL

Trykz

Even though he did that, he came across as a pretentious, condescending douche.

They're swamped, they had to look good to possible corporate sponsors or investors, so they basically slam-dunk anything. Shoot first, ask questions later.

It's funny how people on the Nexus seem to be VERY offended by large breasts. Hell I've posted images with just the face of my character and even with a hint of the breasts on the edge of the screen, that is what they focus on. They really need to grow up.

Tentacle sex is ok but if your characters got ridiculous breasts well that's just unacceptable! Honestly I am really surprised I haven't been banned yet.

From a mod user perspective Steam has one major drawback,  Autoupdates.   As far as I can tell the only way to get your subscribed mods is through the launcher which updates ALL mods.  If I use launcher with an open internet connection it updates all my subscribed mods which in my case breaks my game.
(Not sure what its screwing up as I have stuff installed through NMM and wyre smash from Nexus, PES, and Curse.

From a mod user perspective Steam has one major drawback,  Autoupdates.   As far as I can tell the only way to get your subscribed mods is through the launcher which updates ALL mods.  If I use launcher with an open internet connection it updates all my subscribed mods which in my case breaks my game.

(Not sure what its screwing up as I have stuff installed through NMM and wyre smash from Nexus, PES, and Curse.

I don't use Steam for mods, but I've read that one potential solution to the autoupdate problem would be to subscribe to the mod, let it download, then copy the files somewhere else, unsubscribe to the mod through Steam, then install the files with a more preferred method.

Honestly, Nexus is a little to strict about somethings but my only real issue with Nexus atm is how unstable/slow their servers have become in the last 2 or 3 months.

The server get rather crappy these day. File corrupted, download not completed, stop immediately after 20 to 30 mb download for large file, not to mention the site always down but when I ask the premium user in chat they said they has no problem whatsoever with the site nor download   

Lets said it time for the community to stand up against nexus and they oppressive tyranny 

I don't use Steam for mods, but I've read that one potential solution to the autoupdate problem would be to subscribe to the mod, let it download, then copy the files somewhere else, unsubscribe to the mod through Steam, then install the files with a more preferred method.

I do this all the time. Occasionally Steam WS has a mod I like that I haven't seen elsewhere and I'll do this.

I like LL much more content and so far people wise. I do however like Nexus's mod page set up quite a bit and also how I can link their files directly into my Mod Organizer.

Honestly, Nexus is a little to strict about somethings but my only real issue with Nexus atm is how unstable/slow their servers have become in the last 2 or 3 months.

The server get rather crappy these day. File corrupted, download not completed, stop immediately after 20 to 30 mb download for large file, not to mention the site always down but when I ask the premium user in chat they said they has no problem whatsoever with the site nor download   

I'm a premium member on Nexus, but I still experience incredibly slow and buggy performance of the site quite often recently. Haven't had issues with downloads though.

Archived