Jump to content

I've Tried EVERYTHING, and Sexout Won't Run on FONV w/ My New Video Card.


Golgo13

Recommended Posts

Posted

My six year old computer's Nvidia GTX 280 video card burned out, so I had to replace it a few months ahead of my schedule for replacing my computer.

 

After replacing it with an MSI GTX 460, despite a vast improvement in graphics power, the animations in Sexout now took place beneath the surface of the Earth. After trying a long series of suggestions from some very helpful folks, notably CG!, I supposed that the video card might be faulty, and resorted to returning the computer to the store to try a different card.

 

The present card-- an EVGA GTX 550 Ti-- seems to be, unfortunately, slightly inferior in performance compared to the one I just returned. I tested it at home and found that it, also, caused the people to sink into the Earth.

 

I paid the techs to run detailed diagnostics on my whole computer, followed by a reinstallation of the OS. And, I STILL have people sinking into the Earth during animations! WTF???

 

At this point, I've just about given up hope of ever getting to play the mods I had just learned how to install. But, I'll toss the question out in the hope that someone may have some insight into solving this problem: does anyone have any suggestion as to how I could prevent the people from going beneath the surface of the Earth during animations?

 

And, out of curiosity, is Skyrim designed sufficiently differently so as to prevent a problem such as I am experiencing? I.e., if I have this trouble in FONV, does that mean that I'll be doomed to repeat the experience in Skyrim, as well, if and when Sexout is designed for Skyrim? I'm thinking of uninstalling FONV and switching to Skyrim, since I'd already played FONV to death, and it was the Sexout mods that had made it seem interesting enough to play through the game, again. Without them, it's a bit of a let-down. And, after all of the time and expense I've sunk into making the damned thing work, I don't even want to see the friggin' game unless it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, anymore. :@

Posted

Hate to tell you this but you paid out money for no damn reason as your graphics card is not the issue here, its your load order and most likely skeletons being used with the mods.

 

Post your load order and we can take a look at this for you.

 

Skyrim should be totally fine.

Posted

What Ark said you just wasted money if a GFX is faulty you will just see wierd screen blurring or other wierd stuff with your screen no people falling through the ground!

 

Post a load order also Sexout animations work BEST on flat surfaces because of engine limits!

Posted

One thing you need to do before going any further is find and run the vanilla launcher which will be in: Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNVLauncher.exe

 

This will generate a new fallout.ini for you that will actually tweak the settings for you new video card (whatever model you have).

 

Then you can post your load order and go from there.

Posted

Hate to tell you this but you paid out money for no damn reason as your graphics card is not the issue here' date=' its your load order and most likely skeletons being used with the mods.

 

Post your load order and we can take a look at this for you.

 

Skyrim should be totally fine.

[/quote']

 

 

Thanks so much for replying.

 

I had to buy a new video card, since my entire screen was nothing but weirdly colored squares, no matter what game I played, until I replaced it; and the second card was actually $15 cheaper than the first. FONV was not the only game that was behaving strangely before I returned the first card to the store-- Sims 3 would CTD anytime I tried to buy certain categories of objects. Otherwise, I would have simply placed the blame on FONV/Sexout, not the new card, and kept working with that hardware.

 

Prideslayer had suggested testing the the new card/Sexout with the minimum number of mods while I was ironing things out, so, there isn't anything to the load order but the game and its DLC, (in the proper order), and the basic Sexout package (in the specified order-- I can read, but I can't type) with a couple of plugins in order to have something happen so that I could test it. Until I got the game to run with the basic Sexout mod, I don't even intend to install custom bodies (except for the skeleton) or stuff like Fellout. I played around with the items that were not specifically supposed to be in a particular order according to the install instructions; their order didn't matter, as I expected. I had this mod working with thirty or forty other mods before my old card gave out-- I had come pretty far in sorting out what someone can sort out on his own with this mod. I don't like asking for help, but I will just before I give up.

 

Whatever type of fault caused Sims 3 to fail to run with the last card, but not this one, could be causing the current problem with this card, but not my Nvidia 280; but, it's so frustratingly close to working, I suspect that just the tiniest something could fix it. Someone may have had a similar experience and tried some crazy thing that helped. In the meantime, the hope that someone might help encourages me to keep trying to think of something new after all of this time.

 

Anyway, thanks, again, for taking the time to read my post and give me the information that you did. I know that my problem isn't in the load order, but, I'm relieved to know that, even if I ultimately can't solve this, Skyrim won't give me the same problems.

Posted

Maybe system spec's like power supply not being able to run the video card, cpu could be bottle necked and so on...just for giggles post your spec's and pull the cover off your computer and get the power supple spec's like...400watt and brand and also +12volt..20 amps +3volt 18 amps and so on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...