Trouble Shooting Help

Distorted or goofy facial expressions: go into Slave Trainer MCM, I disable emotions, set all emotions to custom1 let my esp handle the expressions. additionally I run Female Facial Animations

Slaves not in cave when you enter: If you've installed Slave Trainer in the past on the current save more than likely they will be walking from Whiterun from their original location to the cave and taking the scenic route. Wait in the cave for a couple of in game hours and see if they show up.

Events not happening like in the video: Try starting a new game and see if things start acting right.

Slaves Not responding: Make sure you have the latest version. I haven't had that happen to me in my game yet.

I will continue to add to this post as things arise.

Please keep in mind I'm a remedial modder and very unskilled

Any plans to add integration with Milk Maid Economy? 

I don't exactly know my way around Skyrim modding but while going through the scripts of MME i stubbled across the Milkslave function which seems like it would be very easily to register them as so.

I'm having some major issues. Now I remember why I gave up on modding this game all those years ago. Holy smokes. You practically have to understand coding to get some of this stuff to work, and I'm way out of my element. I feel like I'm pretty good at following instructions, but I can't get this right. This is going to be a long post but if someone would be kind enough to read through it and give me some pointers I'd tremendously appreciate some direction.

When I started all this I was using Nexus Mod Manager and was playing happily with most functionality from Defeated Slaves (alongside Slave Trainer, SLDefeat obviously and a few other mods) but the problem I was running into was that none of the Devious Devices stuff was working. Or, to be clear, only *some* of the DD stuff was working. From what I could tell the only stuff that was active was what came included in Slave Trainer (cuffs, collars, ankles). The NPC poses for the most part were not active, except for the kneeling animation and a few of the "on the ground" poses. None of the hanging or chained up poses would work...the character would instead stand in place as normal but upon interaction would act as though they were tied up in the pose you selected. Regarding armors, not a single one of the the belly/chest/neck constrictors would load. The items would be there in the NPC's inventory window ticked as "worn" but the character model wouldn't display the armor--just the nude body instead. The armbinders would put the character into the appropriate pose, but once again the armor skin wouldn't load and, similarly, the NPC's hands would go invisible.

Through reading the forums, I came to understand this was a problem with either incorrect use of BodySlide, or incorrectly installed mods with Nexus Mod Manager. Some recommendations once again steered me (just as you did, Bush), to Mod Organizer saying that this should solve odd issues like missing skins/textures from improperly installed mods. So, I installed Mod Organizer.

Ever since installing MO, nothing works correctly. From what I can tell, Defeated Slaves hasn't loaded in *whatsoever* as even with a new game start, Charna is in her old spot in Whiterun by the Hall of the Dead. The updated dialogue menus that should be present with Defeated Slaves have also reverted back to the default Slave Trainer dialogues (eg: "(Open Slave Menu)" instead of the "I'm going to adjust your training..."). As far as I can tell, Mod Organizer isn't loading DS at all. Similarly, the same problem I had with the Devious Devices stuff (two paragraphs above) still persists even with Mod Organizer handling everything. I've rearranged load order in MO several times now, I've also allowed it to automatically adjust load order or "work its magic" as it recommends all to the same result. 

Having problems getting Bodyslide and FNIS working with MO, too, and those two features are pretty integral to the whole process. Really surprising to me that they didn't include functionality or support for those tools for MO without having to resort to workarounds. I think I'm probably also not getting something right with BodySlide--I don't fully understand it and despite my best efforts I can't seem to get custom armor skins to load (either Devious, or Luxury collection which I've also tried and failed at).

At this point I'm just going to revert back to Nexus Mod Manager I think. I love the idea of MO, but as it stands I'm hitting nothing but frustration. I've been on this for the last 5 hours today and about another 5 hours last night just attempting to get the mods working with MO--no actual gaming during that time really. :(

I'll include a screenshot of my mod list in MO in case that's useful to anyone. Maybe someone will spot a conflict that I'm missing. I'm so out of my element. (FYI: TEST1 at the bottom of the list in the screenshot is the assortment of overwrite files that were generated from FNIS/Bodyslide)

EDIT: Nuking the whole mod list from orbit and starting fresh again in NMM, running down the list with each and every mod so as to try and install everything in the correct order. Wish me luck.

post-435648-0-71040000-1502660997_thumb.png

Everything reinstalled through NMM. Everything ordered as well as I can get it.

Devious clothing still not working. Devious stuff is really pissing me off. It does not play nicely with anything I've tried. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, even attempted loading it with as few mods as possible and none of the damned clothing appears.

Armor replacements work just fine. Any custom stuff is simply. not. there. WTF am I doing wrong?

CBBE with HDT, using COSIO with applicable updates, all appropriate DD mods (DDA, DDI, DDE), run bodyslide as admin, select COSIO as body type and COSIO as preset, batch build, all armor selected, run batch. Get "batch successful!" pop-up. Close bodyslide, open generateFNISforUsers as admin, generate, wait til complete, close. Run the game, start new game, wait for the ridiculously long intro to finish (seriously why still, 6+ years after release, there is no "skip intro" option astounds me when it takes 15 minutes to run through the entire thing BUT ANYWAYs).

open console, tmm 1, map travel to slave cave, talk to charna to get the cane, enslave the first female I find, talk about training, give her a corset and OH LOOK no armor skin appears.

fml.

I'm having some major issues. Now I remember why I gave up on modding this game all those years ago. Holy smokes. You practically have to understand coding to get some of this stuff to work, and I'm way out of my element. I feel like I'm pretty good at following instructions, but I can't get this right. This is going to be a long post but if someone would be kind enough to read through it and give me some pointers I'd tremendously appreciate some direction.

When I started all this I was using Nexus Mod Manager and was playing happily with most functionality from Defeated Slaves (alongside Slave Trainer, SLDefeat obviously and a few other mods) but the problem I was running into was that none of the Devious Devices stuff was working. Or, to be clear, only *some* of the DD stuff was working. From what I could tell the only stuff that was active was what came included in Slave Trainer (cuffs, collars, ankles). The NPC poses for the most part were not active, except for the kneeling animation and a few of the "on the ground" poses. None of the hanging or chained up poses would work...the character would instead stand in place as normal but upon interaction would act as though they were tied up in the pose you selected. Regarding armors, not a single one of the the belly/chest/neck constrictors would load. The items would be there in the NPC's inventory window ticked as "worn" but the character model wouldn't display the armor--just the nude body instead. The armbinders would put the character into the appropriate pose, but once again the armor skin wouldn't load and, similarly, the NPC's hands would go invisible.

Through reading the forums, I came to understand this was a problem with either incorrect use of BodySlide, or incorrectly installed mods with Nexus Mod Manager. Some recommendations once again steered me (just as you did, Bush), to Mod Organizer saying that this should solve odd issues like missing skins/textures from improperly installed mods. So, I installed Mod Organizer.

Ever since installing MO, nothing works correctly. From what I can tell, Defeated Slaves hasn't loaded in *whatsoever* as even with a new game start, Charna is in her old spot in Whiterun by the Hall of the Dead. The updated dialogue menus that should be present with Defeated Slaves have also reverted back to the default Slave Trainer dialogues (eg: "(Open Slave Menu)" instead of the "I'm going to adjust your training..."). As far as I can tell, Mod Organizer isn't loading DS at all. Similarly, the same problem I had with the Devious Devices stuff (two paragraphs above) still persists even with Mod Organizer handling everything. I've rearranged load order in MO several times now, I've also allowed it to automatically adjust load order or "work its magic" as it recommends all to the same result. 

Having problems getting Bodyslide and FNIS working with MO, too, and those two features are pretty integral to the whole process. Really surprising to me that they didn't include functionality or support for those tools for MO without having to resort to workarounds. I think I'm probably also not getting something right with BodySlide--I don't fully understand it and despite my best efforts I can't seem to get custom armor skins to load (either Devious, or Luxury collection which I've also tried and failed at).

At this point I'm just going to revert back to Nexus Mod Manager I think. I love the idea of MO, but as it stands I'm hitting nothing but frustration. I've been on this for the last 5 hours today and about another 5 hours last night just attempting to get the mods working with MO--no actual gaming during that time really. :(

I'll include a screenshot of my mod list in MO in case that's useful to anyone. Maybe someone will spot a conflict that I'm missing. I'm so out of my element. (FYI: TEST1 at the bottom of the list in the screenshot is the assortment of overwrite files that were generated from FNIS/Bodyslide)

EDIT: Nuking the whole mod list from orbit and starting fresh again in NMM, running down the list with each and every mod so as to try and install everything in the correct order. Wish me luck.

I would forge ahead using MO rather then reverting. Its superior for modding. What I do when modding is work with one or two mods at a time. Make sure all is working correctly before moving forward to the next. the appropriate order on the left and right sides is important. I see from your screenshot it looks like  "Defeated_Slaves.esp" is coming before SLDefeat & Slave Trainer Mods this won't work as Defeated_Slaves amends changes to SLDefeat & Slave Trainer Mods.

You have to understand modding as a process. Say you are turning a room in your house into a man cave w/ a home theater, arcade games & bar. So the room is gutted down to the studs and the order of putting it back together goes as follows Insulation, sheet-rock, trim and paint. But you put it back together as sheet-rock, insulation, paint and trim that will be one hideous man cave. So take it slow and resolve problems before you move to next step and make sure your steps are in order. Otherwise it will be a hodgepodge of mods.

Everything reinstalled through NMM. Everything ordered as well as I can get it.

Devious clothing still not working. Devious stuff is really pissing me off. It does not play nicely with anything I've tried. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, even attempted loading it with as few mods as possible and none of the damned clothing appears.

Armor replacements work just fine. Any custom stuff is simply. not. there. WTF am I doing wrong?

CBBE with HDT, using COSIO with applicable updates, all appropriate DD mods (DDA, DDI, DDE), run bodyslide as admin, select COSIO as body type and COSIO as preset, batch build, all armor selected, run batch. Get "batch successful!" pop-up. Close bodyslide, open generateFNISforUsers as admin, generate, wait til complete, close. Run the game, start new game, wait for the ridiculously long intro to finish (seriously why still, 6+ years after release, there is no "skip intro" option astounds me when it takes 15 minutes to run through the entire thing BUT ANYWAYs).

open console, tmm 1, map travel to slave cave, talk to charna to get the cane, enslave the first female I find, talk about training, give her a corset and OH LOOK no armor skin appears.

fml.

I recently started using devious device stuff today as a matter of fact and had probs w/ missing hands too. to bypass intro install the lore friendly mod "live another life".

I would forge ahead using MO rather then reverting. Its superior for modding. What I do when modding is work with one or two mods at a time. Make sure all is working correctly before moving forward to the next. the appropriate order on the left and right sides is important. I see from your screenshot it looks like  "Defeated_Slaves.esp" is coming before SLDefeat & Slave Trainer Mods this won't work as Defeated_Slaves amends changes to SLDefeat & Slave Trainer Mods.

You have to understand modding as a process. Say you are turning a room in your house into a man cave w/ a home theater, arcade games & bar. So the room is gutted down to the studs and the order of putting it back together goes as follows Insulation, sheet-rock, trim and paint. But you put it back together as sheet-rock, insulation, paint and trim that will be one hideous man cave. So take it slow and resolve problems before you move to next step and make sure your steps are in order. Otherwise it will be a hodgepodge of mods.

I've been doing that exactly, which is why transferring my modlist over from NMM, to MO, and back again has taken me so long over the last couple of days. Every time I'd install DD (or any custom clothing mod, replacers were fine) I would encounter this issue. At first I was thinking it was something conflicting or something with my mod order, or even as far as a botched install (did a full reinstall to check), but it turns out the problem was the simplest of all. And I feel like such a fool.

I have a vanilla install folder saved as a backup in case I need to just start totally fresh. This is stored on my secondary hdd. My modded install folder is on my main hdd. Somehow, Bodyslide had been defaulting to my backup vanilla install folder... so I'd been correctly exporting all those outfits to the entirely wrong folder and never realized it. Such a noob. Embarassing...

Thanks for all the assistance, and thanks for the "live another life" recommendation, that's proven invaluable!

Guest mrtincan

MHIYH.esp keeps going below your mod. YOur load order says it soulg go above. is there a fix?

MHIYH.esp doesn't matter where it is in the load order for Defeated Slaves.

your description says Defeated goes after MHISH. Thats why i was asking.

Oh well it's still pre-pre-pre alpha I guess but anyway, here are my 2c after testing :

- when selling a bandit to a guard this is the function from defeat and so the cost is only a few spetims but if you sell it to charma it's more than 1000 septims...

- same thing for prostitution, it uses the defeat feature which is actually not convenient because it's not done for slaves and you have to uncheck "morality matters" and also maybe the one about spectators in defeat options. And on top of that even if you do, it doesn't train her sex skills !

- really too often naked, naked when just starting training ? And naked when selling ? If you take inspiration from slavemaker the slaves were not always fuck toys, for some of them the training could be very serious but here it's impossible. Especially for fighting, it would be excellent to get real fighting here and drop the sexual aspect, it doesn't fit at all the companions. It would be nice for them to have a default basic outfit at least, and when selling them it would be nice to either get their inventory back, or sell them with it, maybe for a little more gold then.

- wear and tear on npcs doesn't work on these slaves, maybe because they are temporary npcs ? (tested with the one from apropos).

- about prostituion it would be nice to be able to use some mod like tdf, but with some adjustments from yours here of course, you wouldn't have to pay a slave to work for you.

- if getting serious with slave training, maybe more training options, serving in a tavern with the same kind of side events as in slavemaker maybe ? Yeah it might be way too complex here, just an idea. The enchantment training is nice by the way, good idea, maybe an option to fill some of the player gems would be nice too. Some more options would be excellent anyway.

- also I sold an enchanter slave to eorlund, and now she stands naked near his forge doing nothing... ! I guess something is missing there. They should at least get an outfit there.

To sum up, nice start, I hope you won't give up too fast... !

Ah also : eff can work with this mod, it's just about the load order, put this mod before the esp for eff and they work nicely together.

A last thing : in the quests for the slaves there is "whiterun jarl wants a slave to protect him". Well you forgot he already has all the whiterun soldiers to do that, + his body guard. He is the last person who would want a slave for that in Whiterun !

... and in case you didn't know, when using the defeat system to capture someone (which is more immersive that the stripping cane !), the captured slave has 100 in obedience from the start, making the obedient quirk totally useless. It's useful for testing, but a little strange...

For obedience, it's explained on the page for the mod "slave trainer",

Other bugs : when fast traveling to the slave camp, the player arrives too close to the entrance and you can't enter, you have to go back a little for that.

Also : I succeeded to capture a witch during the eldergreen quest, but I can't sell her to charma ! Actually I can't seem to be able to sell her to any guard neither using the defeat system, it's a hassle... I guess I can train her until she can be sold to a special quest giver or kill her, these are the only options sadly.

Also bugs related to slave trainer : you can leave a slave training for a whole night fighting and fucking, but it's dangerous for the game, it creates a heavy load on papyrus and you are more likely to get a crash when reloading a save later. Usually it can be managed, but in this case you have another problem, very often when using the cane to interrupt the endless loop of fucking there, it just doesn't work. Well test your luck in this case : either wait for the next animation to start and try again, sometimes it works. Or reload a save just before arriving there, which makes a new animation to start and you can try your luck again with the cane. Very frustrating, there were times where nothing worked and I had to return to a previous save, this part is unstable, buggy and not immersive ! But it can be convenient to train a slave very fast anyway because if you sleep the training continues and if you succeed to interrupt the loop of fucking in the morning you get a fully trained slave !

I have seen this but my Problem is, that this girl is an Masochist and Exhibitionist. Every Action like beeing naked or punishing her results in negativ Obedience.

Maybe another bug of "slave trainer" then, it was an interesting project but it was abandonned very quickly...

But for a normal slave with usual values, simply starting her training without doing anything raises regluarly obedience, you can see it at the top left corner of the screen...

I have seen this but my Problem is, that this girl is an Masochist and Exhibitionist. Every Action like beeing naked or punishing her results in negativ Obedience.

Maybe another bug of "slave trainer" then, it was an interesting project but it was abandonned very quickly...

But for a normal slave with usual values, simply starting her training without doing anything raises regluarly obedience, you can see it at the top left corner of the screen...

It is not a bug, it is a simple mechanic of slave trainer. See description of Slave Trainer. Masochist and Exhibitionist are possible quirks of the Slaves and causing punishing and being naked to be a reward.

But this 2 together makes it impossible to increase obedience ;)

I made some very basic testing of this + tdf, by adding a slave to the current follower faction with the console (5c84e from memory). It allows to use the topic "hey you wanna make some money for us ?", which is not the best text for a slave, but it does the job. After that if the slave was in training the sex skills are not updated during the jobs of course, it would have been too easy.

I tried to change the conditions for the topic using tes5edit to include the slave faction but for some reason it failed, I probably messed something when adding a master to tdf...

Anyway it's quite complex for something which should be very easy... too bad...