Alduin just flies around.

Okay, I just ran into my first problem with SSE since I started playing it several months ago.  It's not really an SSE problem but a mod problem that I assume is causing it.

When I start the game normally via "Alternate Start", I choose the vanilla start.  The intro plays fine until it's my turn to get my head chopped off.   When Alduin appears instead of landing on the tower as normal, he just flies around and no one seems to notice.

Here is my modlist:

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
RSkyrimChildren.esm=1
Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=0
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
ApachiiHairMales.esm=1
BSAssets.esm=1
BSHeartland.esm=1
BSPatchSE.esp=1
BS_DLC_patch.esp=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp=1
BVFE.esp=1
TW3Eyes.esp=0
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
Armour_of_Yngol.esp=1
Brows.esp=1
Book Covers Skyrim.esp=1
RSChildren - Complete.esp=1
RSChildren_PatchUSSEP.esp=1
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp=1
DCR_KingCrusaderMegaPack_SSE.esp=0
HereticArmorPub.esp=0
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
TalosHousecarl.esp=1
EMHearthfireMoveKidsfix.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=0
Eli_Breezehome.esp=1
Undeath.esp=0
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
ESFCompanions.esp=0
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Aurlyn.esp=0
Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp=0
Better Vampires.esp=0
Volkihar Knight.esp=0
Volkihar Knight - Better Vampires Patch.esp=0
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
Inigo.esp=1
EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp=1
EEO CRF patch.esp=1
RSChildren - CRF Patch.esp=1
50 More Perk Points.esp=1
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=1
BecomeKingofSkyrim.esp=0
ThaneWeaponsReborn.esp=0
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp=1
Apachii_DivineEleganceStore_Patch.esp=1
Recorder Follower Base.esp=0
draugrweap_repl_en.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Ritual Armor of Boethiah.esp=0
Ars Metallica.esp=1
When Vampires Attack.esp=1
Beards.esp=1
Gildergreen Regrown.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=0
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp=0
Facelight.esp=0
Dawnguard Delayed - Level 20.esp=1
Dawnguard Delayed - Level 90.esp=0
Delayed Dragonborn.esp=1
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp=1
Undeath Immersive Lichdom.esp=0
FNIS.esp=1
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1
LABikiniSSE.esp=0
Bikini Armors.esp=1
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Better Necromancer's Amulet.esp=0
XPMSSE.esp=1
Seraphim - PrettyCourier.esp=0
IB - All-in-One.esp=1
The Ordinary Women.esp=1
BijinAIO_SSE-3.1.1-SV.esp=1
skyforgedWeapons.esp=1
Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp=1
Rise of the Legend - Ysgramor.esp=1
AnotherBlackThievesGuildArmor.esp=1
Apophysis_DPM_SE.esp=1
AurlynSerenityOverhaul.esp=0
Sithis Armour.esp=0
Volkihar Knight - Sacrosanct Patch.esp=0
Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp=0
Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp=0
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp=0
Nightingale Prime remaster.esp=0
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
NormalVampireFaces.esp=0
My Home Is Your Home.esp=1
FollowerCynthia_asElisif.esp=1
Milena de Jade.esp=1
VRJessi.esp=1
SofiaFollower.esp=0
SMIM-Bruma-Patch.esp=1
Dura Follower.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Bruma - Alternate Start.esp=0
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
RDO - AFT v1.66 Patch.esp=1
RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp=1
FlowerGirls SE.esp=1
FlowerGirls SE - Adventures.esp=1
FlowerGirls SE - Amorous Patch.esp=1
Bigger Badder Lich King Version 2.0.esp=0

Does anyone know how to fix this?  This is the first problem I've run into after a 100 hours of play.

Haven't tried it myself but I thought if you used Helgen Reborn you had to either not do the vanilla start, or wait til after you escape Helgen before installing it.  The other alternate start options work fine with Helgen Reborn installed when you start the game.  I generally do the "camping in the woods" start which is roughly the equivalent of starting just after escaping Helgen.

Haven't tried it myself but I thought if you used Helgen Reborn you had to either not do the vanilla start, or wait til after you escape Helgen before installing it.  The other alternate start options work fine with Helgen Reborn installed when you start the game.  I generally do the "camping in the woods" start which is roughly the equivalent of starting just after escaping Helgen.

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have "Helgen Reborn" activated.  But I did forget the :Camping in the woods" option in Alternate Start.  I will use that instead.

Thank you. :)

Okay, so new problem.  I picked the "camping in the woods" option in Alternate Start to bypass the intro.  But after I give Ralof the potion, he stands up and just stays there.  He doesn't run out of the cave like he supposed too.  I ran all the way to Riverwood and he stayed inside the cave, he never came out. 

I know the problem is not with the Alternate Start mod, since I've been using it for a long time, and never had these problems with it.

Okay, so new problem.  I picked the "camping in the woods" option in Alternate Start to bypass the intro.  But after I give Ralof the potion, he stands up and just stays there.  He doesn't run out of the cave like he supposed too.  I ran all the way to Riverwood and he stayed inside the cave, he never came out. 

I know the problem is not with the Alternate Start mod, since I've been using it for a long time, and never had these problems with it.

My guess would be you have a mod that changes alchemy so that Ralof doesn't recognize your potions as healing potions.  Not sure.  I think in my game player made healing potions for example do not work on him but the store bought ones do.

My guess would be you have a mod that changes alchemy so that Ralof doesn't recognize your potions as healing potions.  Not sure.  I think in my game player made healing potions for example do not work on him but the store bought ones do.

Well in the Alternate Start mod you have a couple of potions on you.  Plus there are two more deeper in the cave.  So they are not custom made.  I cannot think of anything else that might be causing a problem.  Thank you for the suggestion.:)

Well in the Alternate Start mod you have a couple of potions on you.  Plus there are two more deeper in the cave.  So they are not custom made.  I cannot think of anything else that might be causing a problem.  Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I always do the camping in the woods start and have only had the potion issue once out of hundreds of starts.  Don't remember what caused it for me.  Most of the issues I've seen with Alternate Start happen when I don't have it low enough in my load order.  It should be close to the bottom.  You might also be missing a compatibility patch. 

Well in the Alternate Start mod you have a couple of potions on you.  Plus there are two more deeper in the cave.  So they are not custom made.  I cannot think of anything else that might be causing a problem.  Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I always do the camping in the woods start and have only had the potion issue once out of hundreds of starts.  Don't remember what caused it for me.  Most of the issues I've seen with Alternate Start happen when I don't have it low enough in my load order.  It should be close to the bottom.  You might also be missing a compatibility patch. 

I'll try moving it to the bottom and see if it works.  I will post the result here.

Okay, my problem seems to be with an unknown mod that is effecting followers.  Both vanilla and modded followers won't follow me when I leave a cell.  By this I mean Lydia would follow me when in Dragons Reach, but when I leave and change cell she doesn't follow me out.  The only new mods I've added are:  My home is your home, Sacrosanct, Volkihar Knight armor for Sacrosanct, Dread Weapons, and Medusa and Drakul armors.  The Dread Weapons and Medusa and Drakul armors I successfully converted them from the original.  I know it was successful cause I converted the Ysgramor armor and the game ran fine.  No bugs no glitches.  I think the problem might be the My home is your home mod.  Since the problems seem to occur once I activated that mod.

Has anyone had this problem before?  And if so, how did you fix it?

Archived