Newbie questions about animations, management

MayBeAPervert

Got the Sexlab installed, All in One Pussy, Arousal, Arousal Rape, Defeat, Dibella cult change

One of them had a requirement of Sexlab Animation Loader.

Tried it out in Whiterun yesterday got them to play sort of okay but with a few issues. Some questions:

1. I found settings for stripping items in the MCM, turned on all I could see but in animations both PC and NPC had some of their weapons still - my PC had quiver on his back and NPC still have her mace on her hip.

2. Height mismatch problem. Animations where characters are lying down, the girl correctly finds PC's dick with both mouth and hands. But animations where they are standing, he is screwing her between the thighs and handjobs/oral are aiming too high as well.

not sure if this is relevant:

I last touched Skyrim ages ago and was kind of confused by the new character face maker - I don't even know which of my mods put that in. Racemenu probably... It had really ugly presets for all the guys, tons of settings for face... I spent almost an hour trying to make a face that didn't look like a circus freak - and at one point there was a bunch of sliders about PC's body and since I intended to roleplay a bookworm wizard, I made my PC look on the thinner side. I remember it made him smaller, not sure if it was height wise or just thinner - I was mostly paying attention to muscle tone.

Anyway - my point is, is there like a global PC height fix that I could apply that won't require me to spend another hour trying to recreate another face on character restart? Maybe a height adjustment to all animations at once?

3. Animation tags - Defeat mod apparently relies on Aggressive tag a lot... There are two buttons that seem to be for changing tags but I CTD if I try to press either of them. In Lover's Lab I found 3 pages - Vanilla, Aggressive, Beast - check boxes here are the ways to change the tags?

4. Defeat mod CTD on tag buttons - any ideas what could be the reason? I have reran FNIS utility and remade FNIS Overwrite patch after downloading Zasz's animations.

5. I can't find which post it was in, but in in my research last few days I remember there was a warning against installing too many animations because they make the menu plugin crash? I love me some variety but if I had to pick, looking at the different packs I see like a third of animations that I really want, rest being nice to haves.

Is there a simple step by step guide for managing individual animations in my installation? Are they in separate files I could match to less wanted animations and move them out of the installed folder?

Or maybe someone already did such filtering - I am mostly interested in heterosexual, femdom and semi-plausible femdom ones ( like normally a girl on her knees giving the guy a blowjob wouldn't be femdom, but it's kind of plausible there might be a girl who is just really into oral enough that she would beat up the Dragonborn just so he would let her suck on him... right?)

6. Sex Lab has a 'reset' animations button and then the Sex Lab Loader has it's own buttons to count/register animations, and than individual packs like Zasz's has their own register animations button...

What's the proper way to use all of these and when?

7. If a scene started and something isn't right,I go into menu and tweak something, is there a way to restart the ongoing scene with those changes taking effect?

1. Not sure about the mace, that should be somewhere in stripping settings (for NPCs?) Not all mods use sexlab strippings by default or at all. Might be a point as well. For quivers you need the Auto unequip ammo mod.

2. open console and type "showracemenu" without the ", that will open racemenu again without starting a new game and you can change sliders. Racemenu has also an option to save and load your own presets. That might or might not fix the height mismatch during animations. Sexlab will scale everything by default, but not all animations are made for characters with a default height. Sexlab has hotkeys to change the alignment (not height, though). What you can do is lift a character, the feet will be a bit above the ground then, but that's probably better.

3. No. The check boxes are there to disable animations you don't like. use SLATE to change or add tags.

4. Don't know, as in te Defeat thread.

5. I've read that too, can't confirm it from my experience, though. I'm usually at the limit of both FNIS XXL (already expanded to allow more animations) and Sexlab and never experienced any instabilities. What i have seen is that sexlab needs longer from the command to start an animation and actually start it with a lot of animations. The only reason for me to use custom packs would be to reach that limit with other animations, not less... didn't bother me enough yet^^

6. Except for testing, there is no reason to press the button in ZAP. Mods using them in certain conditions will play the animation anyways. In SLAL you need to enable and then register all animations you want to be played via sexlab. If you don't want them in sexlab anymore, use the reset button there.

7. I think sexlab hotkeys also allow to go back a stage, not sure which, though.

2. open console and type "showracemenu" without the ", that will open racemenu again without starting a new game and you can change sliders. Racemenu has also an option to save and load your own presets. That might or might not fix the height mismatch during animations. Sexlab will scale everything by default, but not all animations are made for characters with a default height. Sexlab has hotkeys to change the alignment (not height, though). What you can do is lift a character, the feet will be a bit above the ground then, but that's probably better.

Thank you. It makes feel a lot better knowing that when I get optimistic again and have some free time, I can try again at reshaping my character into something less wierd.

Right now he looks sort of like a caricature version of Snape from the HP movies and it's been bugging me that maybe he was byproduct of some fart of my subconscious left over from my time reading crappy HP fanfics.

Really interfered with the whole 'constantly getting raped by hot girls' gameplay I am trying to achieve

Archived