Skin seam issue

So, after invalidating archive and using some Hi-rez HGEC skin texture applier, the body looks great with nips and all!

...buuuut the head and body are diff skin tones creating an obvious seam / divide allowing you to see where the hi-rez texture stops.

I even tried using the Face texture applier that was on the same downloads page as it.

Now, i use a character overhaul mod named Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 (oco2), and i assume that's the reason why the head is different, but I don't know.

There's a couple of mistakes in your mod setup, yet your assumption is correct. I'll explain you the basics:

1. High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC and OCO2 override the same texture paths, you can either install one of them but never both.

2. High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC is designed to work with the vanilla headmeshes, while OCO2 change the headmeshes to make them incompatible with any other character texture replacer

3. If you want hi-rez textures for your body you can download the OCO2 body textures, and try to edit them using PS/Gimp (i. e. putting the hi-rez nips over the basic texture)

4. I don't recommend using the texture applier, is way better to pack the textures by yourself and use a mod manager

There are some deep details that require textwalls to be explained, but this should be enough.

There's a couple of mistakes in your mod setup, yet your assumption is correct. I'll explain you the basics:

1. High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC and OCO2 override the same texture paths, you can either install one of them but never both.

2. High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC is designed to work with the vanilla headmeshes, while OCO2 change the headmeshes to make them incompatible with any other character texture replacer

3. If you want hi-rez textures for your body you can download the OCO2 body textures, and try to edit them using PS/Gimp (i. e. putting the hi-rez nips over the basic texture)

4. I don't recommend using the texture applier, is way better to pack the textures by yourself and use a mod manager

There are some deep details that require textwalls to be explained, but this should be enough.

Well considering I don't know how to edit anything / have a older pc... x3

All I really want is the girls and such to actually have color / texture for the nipples / croutch, and i use OCO because the standard vanilla heads (atleast without body replacers) look ugly to me.

What he wants to say is that you use the Hi-rez HGEC skin with oco2 head textures , and the colors are different.

You can change the head texture to match the body texture. Or you change the body and hand textures to match the head texture.

PhotoShop, Gimp or Paint.net are paint programs and run on an old pc !

And oco2 is the blocked version. The textures are add by blockhead . ( Folder  textures\characters\BodyAssetOverrides )

If you install the  Face texture from the Hi-rez HGEC skin page the textures are not used, because block head adds the oco2 head textures. And oco2 use diffend head textures names ( there and male and female head textures. Vanilla Oblivion has only one texture for male and female )

You can add the Hi-rez head textures in the block head folder and see if they work with the oco2 head meshes.

I don't use oco2, but I think the Mods add body and head textures for all races , ( Not like vanilla oblivion which use the imperial body and head textures for most human races ).  So you must replace all oco2 head textures with original or recolored head textures from the Hi-rez Mod. Or you recolor all oco2 head textures to match the  Hi-rez HGEC skin... a lot of work.

? Has the Hi-rez  Mod texture for all races ? All the races that use in vanilla Oblivion the Imperial textures.  You need Woodelf, Nord, Breton, Highelf,...body and head textures.

Open the oco2 esp and check the oco2 folders to find out which races use new textures ( body and head ) The vanilla textures folder path will not work.

Edit: Have you read the oco read me?

Incompatibility
===============
-Any NPC overhaul will not work with OCO
-Hair & eye packs are a no-go unless a compatibility patch is made
-Non-English copies of Oblivion do not work with OCO, NPCs go mute
-Any race balancing or otherwise race-altering mod will conflict with OCO
-Installing any body texture replacers on top of OCO will cause texture mismatches and colour disparities

Archived