Changing "voice of nature" script from OOO

Hey, guys i don't know if this really an adult or non adult question since the changes that i want to perform aren't adult oriented at all. I simply wish to make it so they will be compitble with a certain adult mod i have in mind.

So i was wondering i have tried forever to find a way to make certain npc's "unique" like you have them in skyrim. But since Oblivion is less "automated" than skyrim you can't help but having to change certain scripts to accomplish this. I just found the 9BossBuffScriptVoiceNature and there is a certain line that looks interesting. According to these lines:

Begin OnDeath

If GetDistance Player <= 15000

Return

Else

MoveTo ZAmazonVoiceOfNatureMarkerREF

Resurrect 0

StopCombat

SCAonActor (?)

EVP (?)

EndIF

The npc will either return to her spot when the player is that distance (15000) away from her but if not she is supposed to move back at the marker in that cave, resurrect, stop fighting and the other two that i don't understand.

Is it safe to just remove this part entirely or should i put something in it's place so that she won't despawn?

Also if possible can the same be achieved with other npc's too?

Also i have a follower framework in place so adding specific follower lines shouldn't be needed.

A number of the OOO 'boss' NPCs have similar scripting. Check out Vyka Herlst for a variation on this theme, for example.

What it does in this case is prevent the VoN from moving too far away from her starting location. If the player is within 15000 units, her behaviour is untouched, to allow her to chase the player around. However, if the player manages to run away, she is teleported back to her starting location. The 'Resurrect' line is to restore her to her original condition, while the 'StopCombat' line stops her from fighting anybody else, and the 'SCAOnActor' line stops other NPCs from fighting her. The 'EVP' line then forces her to evaluate her AI package.

The overall point of this is so that if the player fights her and then runs away, when the player returns she will be back in her original condition. So you can't easily 'kite' her away from her lair, using summons and/or companions to weaken her, like you can with normal enemies.

Archived