Is it possible to have two (or more) mod-lists you are using?

I'm wondering wether it is possible to have several games running using different mods?

I don't like using all mods all the time, and enjoy running different games with different mods.

I'm using NMM and so far I keep a notebook where I note down which character uses which mods and switch these on/off respectively. This gets tedious, esp. when I forget something or forget to run LOOT or some files get overwritten on install, but not restored on uninstall.

I'm modding illiterate, so I may be missing something obvious. Any and all help is appreciated.

I'm wondering wether it is possible to have several games running using different mods?

I don't like using all mods all the time, and enjoy running different games with different mods.

I'm using NMM and so far I keep a notebook where I note down which character uses which mods and switch these on/off respectively. This gets tedious, esp. when I forget something or forget to run LOOT or some files get overwritten on install, but not restored on uninstall.

I'm modding illiterate, so I may be missing something obvious. Any and all help is appreciated.

NMM has a profile system instituted in version 0.6 and later.  You can have multiple profiles (mod load outs).  Mod Organizer also has a profile system, and may be better than NMMs.  I have never used NMMs profile system (never really saw a use for it in Fallout 4).  I've used MO with Skyrim and it works rather nicely.  I haven't used it for Fallout 4.  The newest compatible MO (thinks it's labeled as MO2) for FO4 has some issues, and has been abandoned - the author was hired by Nexus to work on the next version NMM, which will hopefully be a good hybrid of NMM/MO.  But again, both NMM and MO have mod profile systems in place to allow switching of mod load outs.

Archived