RimJobWorld [RJW]

semigimp

Could someone list the dependencies of the mod? would be nice to have those in the first post itself, if that's doable.

Because right now, i'm trying to set up a new game with rjw and this thread is a mess. I can't see which version is the most recent, what i need to run with it to run it without errors for hours and what i should run, to get the maximum out of it.

And a special question: do i get to milk pregnant (lactating) people? Would make feeding kids easier and making cheese a lot kinkier ;)

Only universal dependency is HugsLib. After that, you can either use "normal" RJW on its own, or RJWb with C&P.

Probably incompatible with Combat Extended, as CE and RJW both contain changes to body shapes. Though it might be fine if RJW is loaded after CE.

As far as lactation, I don't think that's actually from RJW but rather C&P? If that's the case then there's nothing you can do with it, it's still WIP - C&P has a breastfeed action at least partially defined, but not actually implemented yet.

Hello
Because I am not very good at English,
I am using automatic translation.
I am sorry if there are strange words.

The other day when I increased the colony,
The button of Desinate as Comfort has disappeared.
When reloading, it temporarily fixes, but when you change the screen from the first colony to the second colony it disappears.
The prisoner who is on is in the on state.
But to new on it you have to reload and press while the button is on.

Is this a bug?

The version you are using is version 1.4.6.
The error message is as follows.

-----------------------------------------------------

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_Priority_GetJoy TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_TakeDrug.BestIngestItem (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Predicate`1 extraValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_Ingest.TryGiveJobInternal (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Predicate`1 extraValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JoyGiver_Ingest.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetJoy.TryGiveJobFromJoyGiverDefDirect (RimWorld.JoyGiverDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetJoy.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

--------------------------------------------------------

Correction of Centerflags comment, RJW and C&P work together, RJW"B" is the standalone version without pregnancy, but yeah, Hugslib is the only other mod all versions require, if you are using C&P, I would suggest putting RJW below it in the mod load order. RJW normal version can work without C&P, but you would have the custom pregnancies from RJW, and they'd pop out fully grown as per Vanilla birth.

@heno, weird bug, but looking at the error message I think it may be a conflict with another mod, as far as I know RJW has no job givers for ingesting anything, perhaps a mod that adds some drugs or affects food might be causing your issues when swapping between colonies? Looking closer, it seems to be taking a rug that starts your error, try removing any drug related mods and that should fix it. Let me know what one causes it and I'll add it to the to do list.

@citatio, letting you milk lactating women would be pretty funny, might take a swing at that sometime, long list, need to learn more coding first though.

Yeah i like the mod specially because it's hard coded to protect from child abuse. 

It is literally impossible for anything a mod does to a computer game character to be child abuse.

That is an ouroboros debate I'm afraid. For everyone who argues you cant have child abuse when no real children are involved you will have another who will disagree.

Yeah i like the mod specially because it's hard coded to protect from child abuse. 

It is literally impossible for anything a mod does to a computer game character to be child abuse.

That is an ouroboros debate I'm afraid. For everyone who argues you cant have child abuse when no real children are involved you will have another who will disagree.

Gotta defend those pixels, man.

But regardless, it's a moot point - the simple fact that there are people very willing to start legal trouble over it is reason enough to tread carefully.

Correction of Centerflags comment, RJW and C&P work together, RJW"B" is the standalone version without pregnancy, but yeah, Hugslib is the only other mod all versions require, if you are using C&P, I would suggest putting RJW below it in the mod load order. RJW normal version can work without C&P, but you would have the custom pregnancies from RJW, and they'd pop out fully grown as per Vanilla birth.

@heno, weird bug, but looking at the error message I think it may be a conflict with another mod, as far as I know RJW has no job givers for ingesting anything, perhaps a mod that adds some drugs or affects food might be causing your issues when swapping between colonies? Looking closer, it seems to be taking a rug that starts your error, try removing any drug related mods and that should fix it. Let me know what one causes it and I'll add it to the to do list.

@citatio, letting you milk lactating women would be pretty funny, might take a swing at that sometime, long list, need to learn more coding first though.

The error message of the other day may have been different.

When checking it now, nothing is displayed in the log, only the button disappeared.

I'm sorry.

Is it a conflict with other MOD ...

Since other MOD can be used without problems,

It may be that something is hitting RJW.

The "MOD" I have is as follows.

-------------------------------------------

HugsLib

Hospitality

Miscellaneous'CORE'

Misc.MAI

More Trade Ships

Misc.Robots

DE Surgeries

Vegetable Garden

Fishlndustry

[sS]King's slaves

Mountain Miner

Prisoner Joy

Selling prisoners with no guilt

No dubuffs from pet kitting\selling

Wooden horse

Rimjobworld

@heno, looking at your mod list and the error log, I'd say Prisoner Joy seems like a likely culprit, try taking that out, RJW started out only affecting prisoners when it was first made.

@StarlightG

Thank you for your reply.

However, although I removed Prisoner Joy, the Desinate as Comfort Prisoner button disappeared by switching screens from A colony to B colony ...

@CrowSR, that's an error from an older version, try either my current main branch or "B" branch

I keep getting errors on winrar when I try to extract the B branch rar into my mod folder

https://gist.github.com/CrowSR/a4b98c5e1a20c19adca10d82d971fbc0

this never happened to me b4 and im not sure if its my fault or what

Edit: It was my fucking fault afterall, or rather, my damn winrars fault. I downloaded 7-zip and it extracted perfectly fine!

So who is officially working on the mod now since the op hosting the git went awol? Also are there plans for hybrids between humans and the alien races since it can work but only if the female is human, I would use this mod solely for this feature.

1. It seems no one.

2. Hybrids. How do you see that? Let's imagine we have Rimworld, RJW, and hypothetical ThrumboRaceMod.

Vanilla Rimworld describes human pawn race in xmls. So does ThrumboRaceMod when it declares it own Thrumbo. But they do not have description for the HumanxThrumbo hybrid race, they just don't know what that is.

Let's imagine RJW includes that description. This will become a pain in the ass - modmaker would have a ton of hybrid races for a ton of custom races. More, it is only hybrids for human x customrace interaction. What about "Thrumbo from ThrumboMod" x "Boomrat from Boomrat mod" interaction? You just can't cover it all in xmls. Also, ThrumboxHuman x pure Human/Thrumbo interaction also is not covered.

So, the simpliest decision is just coinflipping the offspring race when impregnation happens.

One can imagine some sort of smart handling of hybrids. You find how Rimworld loads race definitions and how it stores them in memory in-game, then you hook into that and add a ton of hybrid race definitions which are somehow made in runtime short after the game loads defs. For example, it could take all the race defs from xmls and make hybrids for each pair of interaction by simply approximating physical characteristics present for all races (weight, health, intelligence, etc) and somehow handling the unique characteristics (ability to explode from boomrat, loot, type of fur/meat, etc). So this is how hybrids of 1st generation could be done. But that solution doesn't cover further hybridization: how the hell you know that you will need a def for {Human x Thrumbo} x Boomrat hybrid?

Even better would be the "lazy" hybrid making. The gist is you make the hybrid race only when needed, not when game loads the defs. So when Thrumbo x Human interaction happens, you make a hybrid race for that. If that hybrid then interacts with Boomrat, mod just makes a race for 50% boomrat, 25% human, 25% thrumbo hybrid.

Don't know if anyone is actually working activly on this mod but these are my impressions anyway, probably nothing groundbraking...

I wish that it would respect sexual orientation when you designate a comfort prisoner (for your pawns, so straight women and gay men wouldn't rape a woman). 

I tried out a pawn with the rapist trait. As soon as I unpaused he ran to the other side of the map to rape a deer (he didn't have the zoophilia trait). Somewhere along the way his clothes dissapeared. Wtf?

I wish bionic genitalia was more uncommon. Seems to pop up a lot among randomly created pawns and NPC's, much more often than other bionic body parts.

I feel it might be helpful to separate the functionality in different mods, e.g. Core (body parts+lovin, maybe pregnancy), Slavery, Prostitution, Misc. This way maybe one could start by redoing the core functionality and make that clean before moving on to other functions. Currently it might be a too big, confusing blob to fix or further extend.

On some flavor part: Maybe replacing hydraulic with silicon parts as hydraulic doesn't sound very sexy.

Archived