Hosting a bugtracker?

ag12

Alright, so I'm sure this has been brought up before, since it's a very obvious deficiency for a modding community.

I've checked the first pages of the General Discussion area but couldn't find anything, therefore I will bring it forward again. If I was too retarded to find the thread where this is discussed, please feel invited to whip me and delete this thread.

I'd like a loverslab bugtracker service. A proper bugtracker. I'm aware that there are free solutions, like the github issue tracker, but that involves people to register with github. A localized solution would be greatly appreciated - especially for people like me that have periods of high activity followed by periods of no activity due to RL and are thus quickly losing track of issues reported in the meantime.

As far as I'm aware bugtrackers aren't particularly resource intensive and having something like this on here would surely be a good thing.

I'm no internet tech guy, so I don't really know if there are integrated solutions for the forum software we are using or what sorts of services there are, a quick google search came up with plenty of open-source offers.

Please?  :shy:

Considering that GitLab is not almost dismissed, I don't think something like that will be added soon.

For sure not before the update of the site software.

Alright, so I'm sure this has been brought up before, since it's a very obvious deficiency for a modding community.

Please?  :shy:

Given that "abandoned" projects has been a problem in the modding community since modding became a thing...

I've always wondered why we (as a community, including various site admins as a whole) don't do more to encourage modders to release their mods on GitHub with an MIT license, so that anyone with an interest can contribute fixes or features that might be incorporated into the main mod, AND when the modder inevitably tires of the project, or gets a huge promotion at work and no longer has time (or, as is in the case of many dudes in the Flight Simulator modding community, get old and die) the torch can be taken up by other modders without having to worry about "permission" from the original modder?

Where the code repository is matters...not at all...compared to whether or not it exists in the first place. 

@JabsTheGoon

GitHub turned SJW. They have list of banned words that you cannot/should not use in the code. Moderators that look through open repositories and Open Source Projects. Considering people putting mods from Lover's Lab there is a risk, when they stay with current description or even are linked from here.

Archived