Protector Henry Casdin is a massive jerk.

Long, long ago in an age forgotten by man when I had my previous computer, Protector Casdin would always be outside Fort Independence, ready and willing to trade various items for other various items. I never needed any sort of unofficial patches and such to make it work; he was always there.

HOWEVER, in this era of my current computer, I can never get him to come out of the damn fort, even with unofficial patches and what not. So I'm forced to use the console to move him to my location. However, this seems to have the strange side effect of making him (and by extension every Outcast in the known universe) turn hostile to me THE MOMENT I try to engage him in conversation.

At first I thought maybe I had somehow attacked an Outcast by mistake, so I started a file with the auto save that is made when leaving Vault 101; same results. I started a fresh new game; same results. I finished Operation Anchorage; same damn results. I unchecked all my mods and did a clean save; SAME DAMN RESULTS.

I even verified the game files with Steam; SAME GODDAMNED RESULTS GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME FALLOUT 3 I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS.

Damnit Casdin, you really are an asshole; no wonder Elder Lyons never wants to hear people talk about you. Stop being such a jerk so I can trade you various garbage like Tesla Armor so I can get my infinite supply of free Stimpaks!

Archived