EVE V9.2 + KLEOS | 2024-04-29 UPDATE

@Xaqq I'll add to SM's answer, keep in mind that it's still possible to use an other breast mesh if you really don't like EVE ones. For exemple on some of my sims i use EVE bottom body part (that i'm in luv with) and Sopor's Allure for top body part.  The magic of body selector.

Here's 2 screens just to illustrate what i'm talkin' about.

Spoiler

18-08-2019_10-42-50.png.fec694e5fbe0306f17f467512a53155d.png

18-08-2019_10-43-27.png.b65cd9a90421805d319fe9e41fca8a0c.png

@ephiny-asunder Keep up your fantastic work. EVE is definitly a must have in my taste. Like all of your CCs.

4 hours ago, ephiny-asunder said:

The newest EVE release is only available on Patreon in it's demo/test phase ATM, so it's pointless to talk about on here. But yes, the idea is that it is built for a smaller natural shape (although still bigger and shapelier than the Maxis default). The biggest complaints of previous iterations of EVE were that the boobs were too big and fake, so I've fixed that. If you aren't a fan, you can still stick with V5.

It's interesting to know that there's a new Eve Body coming out.

Since he is still in the testing phase, I take the opportunity to ask a few questions:

1) In the past I used Eve Body which replaced the whole body (personalization by the detail of the face), and I had to remove it for two reasons: the tail of the mermaids and the tattoos.

As I understand it, the problem comes from successive layers of appearances of the modifications of the body. Thus, the higher the encryption of apparitions, the more it will cover all those who are inferior.

It is on this principle that Anto released a fix that places the tails of Mermaids as high as possible so that it covers any physical change of the body that could happen next.

So the first question is: will the new Eve Body be compatible with Mermaids tails without the fix?

2) The second question goes without saying with the first point. Tattoos with Eve Body get covered and are almost impossible to see. Will Eve Body be compatible with the tattoos of the game?

3) Will Eve Body be compatible with sweat? and by extension: tanning?

4) and last question: I have a CC of PralineSims among my tattoos that helps to reshape the women's chest. There are a good twenty different. Will Eve Body allow this kind of remodeling?

On 8/18/2019 at 6:49 AM, ephiny-asunder said:

Does this happen with all CC that has transparency parts in the mesh? It sounds like the laptop settings issue people used to get.

First and foremost, thank you for responding, and please don't take this in anyway other than intended, I would dearly like to fix these issues I'm having and this is not as complaint post, just a end user trying to work out what he did wrong.

Now, to reply, no and not always, I've come to feeling like its related to something to do with other worn CC, hats seem to be a prime culprit but other items can make it happen also.  More worryingly even the normal, base game hats cause the same issue so its not simply a CC thing it would appear, everything in the hat category seems to bring the issue on.

Colours get merged/shared with other items so the Eve clothing looks strange, I will go into CAS now to grab some example shots. 

Outfits.thumb.png.17a62f0dfd70f360e3abf90f95b01419.png

As you can see in the example above with the 'Full Outfit' items, e.g. Dresses etc, the ears seem to be linked somehow on both Eve and Maxis shaped items but on someone else's transparent item this doesn't seem to happen.  Its worth noting, in the first image on the immediate left that's a skirt I also get this issue with of the strange colours being overlayed but somehow its not affected by these ears as the other items are?

Seperates.thumb.png.d1fbb04abf8f2efdf0e22bdd1e234f8d.png

In this example, you can see this pencil skirt (I think that's the term) is doing the thing I'm taking about, the skirt is a flat colour and works on some sims but not others no doubt due to some other element merging that some sims have but others don't.  It also occurred to me, I should perhaps ask about the clipping while here.  

Clipping.thumb.png.954d84f85d827a0828de1bb125778b0d.png

This top looks like this on every sim, same with the skirt, I'm guessing this is not intended but...  idk...  Just wanted to clarify and if there was a way for me to fix this?

Lastly, although other items can cause the merging colour/texture issue hats are, apparently all affected, whether CC or vanilla game assets.

hats.thumb.png.49d12f6193d16b15d0e1c141c83c5175.png

Last but not lease, settings.

settings.png.459a5928aec3487e04ced5d5d783d3ec.png

As I say, please do not take this as an overly critical or negative post, I love the stuff, just don't know what to do to remedy the issues I'm getting and thank you ion advance for any suggestions you or anyone else can offer.  

11 hours ago, ouais123 said:

Looks like you used a body preset on this sim, is that the case?

I saw some curious results with custom body meshes and presets (like MB ones as example).  Generally to solve it, just need to reload the sim from the collection and change back to EA body preset (works for me).

I used EVE for breast and Dumbaby Mesh Body Mods .

What do you mean exactly by body preset? The different body types we're given when prompted the choice to choice their fatness/fitness?

8 minutes ago, ouais123 said:

I used EVE for breast and Dumbaby Mesh Body Mods .

What do you mean exactly by body preset? The different body types we're given when prompted the choice to choice their fatness/fitness?

Ah! You use Dumbaby Mesh + EVE, could be that. Can't say i don't use dumbaby stuff (even i think your "issue" comes from it). And when i say body presets, i'm talking about general body presets, not body parts,

Even removing Dumbaby Mesh on legs doesn't fix the problem. For some reason I have another EVE mesh, with smaller breast but the bug isn't there.

I might need an explenation on what body presets are, I don't really see what you're talking about here

When selecting clothes not made specifically for EVE, the body mesh switches to vanilla. Is this a necessity to not cause clipping or do I have some other mod I'm unaware of conflicting with it? When I go to remove a piece of clothing it defaults to the EVE replacer as its supposed to.

Had BetterBodies before and removed the 2 'female_bottom' and 'female_top' files from it, is there more I have to delete?

EDIT: Tested with only EVE and Kritical's clothing pack, no other mods. It's still happening so I'm guessing vanilla and modded clothes not made for EVE will never use the new meshes? My biggest issue is that I can't really make the body proportions look nice for both EVE and vanilla at once.

11 hours ago, srsbznz said:

You've got your answer, EVE is a custom body mesh that needs clothes made for this mesh to show properly when the sim is dressed. So if you wanna keep same proportions you'll have to use EVE made clothes on each outfits.

Clothes CCs, made on vanilla bodies needs a full rework to fit with EVE since they are made on different meshes.

An advice, don't use default body replacement parts, it's easier to apply non default on a sim than trying to put vanilla clothes on a default EVE part. The only real constraint with the non default choice is to have to set each EVE sim with body selector in each new game.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:50 AM, Downloader said:

Colours get merged/shared with other items so the Eve clothing looks strange, I will go into CAS now to grab some example shots. 

It also occurred to me, I should perhaps ask about the clipping while here.  

This top looks like this on every sim, same with the skirt, I'm guessing this is not intended but...  idk...  Just wanted to clarify and if there was a way for me to fix this?

Lastly, although other items can cause the merging colour/texture issue hats are, apparently all affected, whether CC or vanilla game assets.

Hullo. So on a lot of my older stuff that's slowly getting put onto DA, there were a lot of UV placement issues. In TS4 everything shares one UV map, so everything must fit onto it in order to work. Unfortunately, this often meant that clothing got overlapped with other pieces in order to get them to fit onto the map. Since the assigned hat area in the UV map is so big and often unused, I used to use it a lot for extra pieces of EVE clothing, but it meant that any other CC that used the hat space wouldn't work with it at the same time. I was super bad for doing this, but I feel like I've come a long way and currently with the newest EVE iteration, I'm focusing on making clothing all work together in harmony (for example, tops are ONLY EVER in the top area of the UV map unless I need to put them someone else, and if I do that then I will warn people about conflicts). So I believe my newest stuff fixes a lot of these errors.

And to the clipping...what can I say. It is similar to the first issue. There is A LOT of clipping in the older CC clothing, partially because the boob and butt mesh was so big, when sliders were moved to the max it made everything clip around. Again, that is something I've revised and fixed in my newest CC, although some clipping is often inevitable, I try to minimize it now.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:42 AM, diabolique_1982 said:

Hello. I'm having hard time locating the skin. The "link" in the post where it explains is just text for me and not a link. Can someone give me a regular link to the explanation or gyazo or something? Thank you

It is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr6d3ph9l0i0h5t/MYOBI-eveV5-skinoverlay.zip?dl=0

The download button is at the top right of the screen.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, Shayeesh said:

The magic of body selector.

Essentially this. Pick and chose what works best for you guys' game :)