EVE V9.2 + KLEOS | 2024-04-29 UPDATE

1 hour ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I haven't used Female Nude Skins - Shaved [Majestic].package in ages, but if I remember correctly it is a DEFAULT skin meaning that's the skin every sim has, unless you use an overlay. That means all sims have it automatically. On the other hand, MYOBI-eveV5-skinoverlay.package) is an OVERLAY (it goes on top and covers the default), thus needs to be applied to each sim individually in CAS.

The Majestic default skin didn't seem to take effect just by putting it in the Mods folder, so that leads me to believe that it may just not work anymore. Then again, maybe it just doesn't work in conjunction with the WickedWhims default top and bottom, or I didn't notice it working. When I get a chance to play again, I'll see if the Majestic default skin is selectable in CAS, or if it works in conjunction with Eve's latest default top and bottom, after I apply them with the Body Selector. However, there's a good chance I'll prefer Eve's skin overlay anyway, even if it has to be applied to each sim individually.

7 hours ago, schplade said:

Now that I have a better understanding of the Body Selector, I have one more question...

If I want to use Eve's default top and bottom, should I also use Perfectioncat's EVE Body Selector, or should I just use the WickedWhims Body Selector?

I'm not sure why the Majestic skin is not working. The DEFAULT eve parts override the MAXIS parts, and you can select them by choosing the MAXIS option. Perfectioncat's addon is for the NON-DEFAULT parts to show up as separate options in the WW Body Selector (labelled "EVE"). You can only use 1 DEFAULT so using the NON-DEFAULT parts & Perfectioncat's addon allows you to use a different mesh as a Default. Plus it's a clearly labelled option vs "Maxis", and the NON-DEFAULTS can be chosen as clothing options in CAS.

One last thing, when choosing a part in the WW Body Selector, you will not see any change until you completely exit the selector.

14 hours ago, Zasz said:

Finally figured it out. Now I can correct all the skin overlays to make them compatible with all makeup. Yay. Creators beware. *runs*

Ok, its not that easy.

QUICK TUTORIAL FOR CAS TOOLS;

CAStools.png.2028f38b344b10b68be11fc1cfdadc2b.png

1] To modify custom CC (as opposed to cloning a game item)

3] Most skin overlays seem to be set to 1000 or 1100

4] Make sure those are checked off accordingly ("Live Random" means generated on random NPCs, "CAS UI" means selectable in CAS). I know one creator who would never select any, such that their CC would never show in game.

Now let's fix thumbnails so that it shows for every swatch, not just the first (then you get basic head thumb for the rest);

CAStools2.png.1c598464680069789559b80db0196f4a.png

3] After you Export and save, close this mini-window.

5] After selecting the image to import, click "Save" and close this mini-window

8] Sometimes when you try to save it will say something like "you have unsaved Mesh changes", if so, click #9, "Commit Changes", "Save Package".

You're Done!!! Remember; sometimes creators miss something, mis-click, or just don't fully understand. It takes A LOT of time, work, and talent to create CC. Fixing it takes next to nothing.

EDIT: added text for [3] for the first pic & [5] for the second one

I dont want to go too off topic with this very appreciated tutorial.

I only changed the layer in some of them. But then my game didnt want to start. Some of those skins were set to 2100 and more like this eve body and RemusSirion_Rskin-16-V2. Since I dont know the layers yet I tried a lower number and wanted to work myself up. It made sense to start lower because makeup should logically be higher in the order of layers. I only did exactly what your first picture shows.

But it creates an error when I reach 6 in your second picture. 7 and 8 work without incident. Im not sure what that means. Did we just fix this skin for us? Regardless of the error on my part.

1 hour ago, Zasz said:

I dont want to go too off topic with this very appreciated tutorial.

I only changed the layer in some of them. But then my game didnt want to start. Some of those skins were set to 2100 and more like this eve body and RemusSirion_Rskin-16-V2. Since I dont know the layers yet I tried a lower number and wanted to work myself up. It made sense to start lower because makeup should logically be higher in the order of layers. I only did exactly what your first picture shows.

But it creates an error when I reach 6 in your second picture. 7 and 8 work without incident. Im not sure what that means. Did we just fix this skin for us? Regardless of the error on my part.

It's not that far off topic (that's why I chose the EVE skin in the pics). I downloaded the RemusSirion skin and followed the tutorial step-by-step (to see if I missed something in the tutorial (I did miss something small - marked down the EDIT at the bottom of it). I'm not sure why you got an error as mine worked fine. As far as layering, just play with it until you find a number you like and use it for all your skins (for personal use only - sharing modified content can mess up other players). Interesting side note: when I first started fixing the sort layers on skins, I came across one where roughly 50% of EA's lipsticks worked. It seems EA used different sort layers for different swatches of the same lipstick. WHY??? That was about 3 yrs ago, and they might have changed that since then.

5 minutes ago, Zasz said:

Now the question is what are the standards of maxis when it comes to skin and makeup layers? Ignoring that one exception for now. Im sure among creators there is such a thing. At least I hope.

If you have any more questions, I hope someone will be able to help. I will try to get online as much as possible, but my online usage is going to be very limited and erratic over the next week or two.

To everyone; MERRY CHRISTMAS / Happy Holidays / Joyous Times of Good Fortune !!!! ?

This is a body selector for using ephiny-asunder's past work and the latest version together.

WickedWhims_CAS_EveV4.package

WickedWhims_CAS_EveV3.package

To use multiple EVE models at the same time, the instance ID must be set individually.
The above package was created for a package with individual instance ID set.

The method of remodeling the past EVE package is shown below.
The past EVE public release of the work is distributed at the patron site of ephiny-asunder.(If you search for a previous post it will be found.)

I do not get permission to post remodeling methods.

'Sims 4 studio' and 'Decimal to Hex converter' are required for remodeling.

'Sims 4 studio' : http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version
'Decimal to Hex converter' : https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Spoiler

Explain how to remodel 'EVE V4'. (The method is the same for V3.)

1.Run 'Sims 4 studio' and click the 'my projects' button to open WickedWhims_CAS_EveV4.package.
2.'Snippet Tuning' resource is selected.
   The new instance ID of 'CAS Parts' in the modified CC is the part of the red box.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig1.jpg

Since this value is a decimal number, it converts it to hexadecimal.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig2.jpg

3.Click the Cancel button on the lower right in 'Sims 4 studio' to close the package.
4.Click the 'My Projects' button to open 'MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop.package'.
5.Select the warehouse tab.
6.Select 'Hash Generator' from the Tools menu.
7.Create an instance ID to be newly assigned to 'RLE 2 Image' resource and 'Region Map / Geometry' resource.
   Enter the following character string in Hash Text of 'Hash Generator' to generate instance ID.
   'Region Map / Geometry' resource  : MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop-Geometry
   'RLE 2 Image' resource            : MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop-Image

Spoiler

EVE_Fig3.jpg

8.Record the value of generated FNV64.
   'Region Map / Geometry' resource  : A04A25737739EE0B
   'RLE 2 Image' resource            : 5FAC1D2F927C901E
9.Change the part referencing 'RLE 2 Image' resource to the generated value.
   Select the 'RLE 2 Image' resource, click the Data tab and change the Instance's value to the generated value.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig4.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance of the DiffuseMap block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig5.jpg

10.Change the part referencing 'Region Map / Geometry' resource to the generated value.
   Select the Geometry resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block. (Change the four Geometry resources.)

Spoiler

EVE_Fig6.jpg

Select the 'Region Map' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Click the 'Edit Items' button in the Entries block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig7.jpg

Click the 'Edit Items' button of the Models block in the pop-up window.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig8.jpg

Change the Instance of all the resources listed on the left in the newly pop-up window.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig9.jpg

Click the Save button.
   once again.
   Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance of the RegionMap block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig10.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the 'Edit Items' button in the Lods block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig10-1.jpg

Click the 'Edit Items' button of the LodModels block in the pop-up window.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig10-2.jpg

Change the Instance in the newly pop-up window.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig10-3.jpg

Click the Save button.
   Perform the same processing for 'Level: 0, 1, 2, 3'.
   Click the Save button.
11.Change the part related to 'CAS Part' to the value converted by 'Decimal to Hex converter'.
   Select the 'CAS Part Thumbnail' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig11.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig12.jpg

12.Click the Save button on the lower right of 'Sims 4 studio'.

Spoiler

EVE_Fig13.jpg

Do the same work for MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudebottom.package.

[important point]
1.If the names of the packages included in the public release are the same, change either.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, perfectioncat said:

This is a body selector for using ephiny-asunder's past work and the latest version together.

WickedWhims_CAS_EveV4.package

WickedWhims_CAS_EveV3.package

To use multiple EVE models at the same time, the instance ID must be set individually.
The above package was created for a package with individual instance ID set.

The method of remodeling the past EVE package is shown below.
The past EVE public release of the work is distributed at the patron site of ephiny-asunder.(If you search for a previous post it will be found.)

I do not get permission to post remodeling methods.

'Sims 4 studio' and 'Decimal to Hex converter' are required for remodeling.

'Sims 4 studio' : http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version
'Decimal to Hex converter' : https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Hide contents

Explain how to remodel 'EVE V4'. (The method is the same for V3.)

1.Run 'Sims 4 studio' and click the 'my projects' button to open WickedWhims_CAS_EveV4.package.
2.'Snippet Tuning' resource is selected.
   The new instance ID of 'CAS Parts' in the modified CC is the part of the red box.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig1.jpg

Since this value is a decimal number, it converts it to hexadecimal.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig2.jpg

3.Click the Cancel button on the lower right in 'Sims 4 studio' to close the package.
4.Click the 'My Projects' button to open 'MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop.package'.
5.Select the warehouse tab.
6.Select 'Hash Generator' from the Tools menu.
7.Create an instance ID to be newly assigned to 'RLE 2 Image' resource and 'Region Map / Geometry' resource.
   Enter the following character string in Hash Text of 'Hash Generator' to generate instance ID.
   'Region Map / Geometry' resource  : MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop-Geometry
   'RLE 2 Image' resource            : MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudetop-Image 

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig3.jpg

8.Record the value of generated FNV64.
   'Region Map / Geometry' resource  : A04A25737739EE0B
   'RLE 2 Image' resource            : 5FAC1D2F927C901E
9.Change the part referencing 'RLE 2 Image' resource to the generated value.
   Select the 'RLE 2 Image' resource, click the Data tab and change the Instance's value to the generated value.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig4.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance of the DiffuseMap block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig5.jpg

10.Change the part referencing 'Region Map / Geometry' resource to the generated value.
   Select the Geometry resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block. (Change the four Geometry resources.)

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig6.jpg

Select the 'Region Map' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Click the 'Edit Items' button in the Entries block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig7.jpg

Click the 'Edit Items' button of the Models block in the pop-up window.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig8.jpg

Change the Instance of all the resources listed on the left in the newly pop-up window.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig9.jpg

Click the Save button.
   once again.
   Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance of the RegionMap block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig10.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the 'Edit Items' button in the Lods block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig10-1.jpg

Click the 'Edit Items' button of the LodModels block in the pop-up window.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig10-2.jpg

Change the Instance in the newly pop-up window.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig10-3.jpg

Click the Save button.
   Perform the same processing for 'Level: 0, 1, 2, 3'.
   Click the Save button.
11.Change the part related to 'CAS Part' to the value converted by 'Decimal to Hex converter'.
   Select the 'CAS Part Thumbnail' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig11.jpg

Select the 'CAS Part' resource and click the Data tab to change the Instance value of the Key block.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig12.jpg

12.Click the Save button on the lower right of 'Sims 4 studio'.

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_Fig13.jpg

Do the same work for MYOBI - eveV4 - nondefaultnudebottom.package.

[important point]
1.If the names of the packages included in the public release are the same, change either.

So I followed the remodeling method step by step for both EveV3 and EveV4. How do I know if I have done them right, will they show up in CAS, Body Selector or both? Also, am I supposed to do this with the EveV3 skin overlay as well because I noticed only the EveV5 skin shows up in CAS.

8 hours ago, WickedLoveXxx said:

So I followed the remodeling method step by step for both EveV3 and EveV4. How do I know if I have done them right, will they show up in CAS, Body Selector or both? Also, am I supposed to do this with the EveV3 skin overlay as well because I noticed only the EveV5 skin shows up in CAS.

If your modified package is correct you will be able to see them in the body selector and CAS.

It should look like #456 I posted.
One of the variations is displayed on CAS.

If you switch the variation under the CAS icon, it switches to the corresponding CAS.

Install the non-default model you modified and the corresponding body selector package.

• 2 weeks later...