Oldrim...Still pissing me off!

Well, I decided to revisit Oldrim to try out Vinfamy's newest Kidnapped mod. So I created a character (using LAL btw), talked to Mara, go to the bed to start and BAM!  CTD as usual. It'd be funny if I didn't really wanna play, but I do and it's not funny!  (LOL!)  I've attached a load order and a log file in the hopes that someone can help me figure out what's going on with this game because I'm at my wit's end. I just don't get what's crashing this thing and can never make sense of the log file.

Skyrim Load Order.txt

Papyrus.0.log

lol.

You still have all the crashy stuff I suggested you should get rid of, like 8 months ago.

Protip: I wasn't  telling you to get rid of it because I don't like it or I'm triggered by it, cause I don't have to play your game, I have mine.

I was suggesting it because it's either from a time period when bad mods were fine because no one knew what the hell they were doing in regard to papyrus and the CK or because it was from an author like icecreamassassin or scrabbulor that refuses to fix their broken stuff, because they don't really care about anyone's mod but their own.

Also did you make sure your old stuff has been TESVEdit batched with USLEEP, cause you have mods that haven't updated since USLEEP was a thing that require the USKP.

Also your load order is a clusterfuck, and those two whiterun mods probably don't like each other.

Generally: 

UI+menus

Quests

Locations

Quests with Navmeshes

Locations with altered navmeshes

NPCs

Armor and outfits and gear

Animations

Behavior mods

Physics

Skeletons 

Bashed and level list and merged patches 

Also HDT HH will randomly crash for no raisin, and there is no fix other than not using it, converting to Nio HH works for some outfits, but not for all, and Nio HH has it's own issues as well, just way less than hdt HH.

Well, I decided to revisit Oldrim to try out Vinfamy's newest Kidnapped mod. So I created a character (using LAL btw), talked to Mara, go to the bed to start and BAM!  CTD as usual. It'd be funny if I didn't really wanna play, but I do and it's not funny!  (LOL!)  I've attached a load order and a log file in the hopes that someone can help me figure out what's going on with this game because I'm at my wit's end. I just don't get what's crashing this thing and can never make sense of the log file.

If everything works until you go to bed.. it is indicative of a possible fault in your ENB setup.

To verify if this is so, you can disable the graphical portion of your ENB by editing your ENBlocal.ini in your skyrim directory with this setting

(Remember to always back up original copy)

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

I believe that this will bypass the graphical adjustments of your ENB making it only a speedhack.   If you verify that this was the cause, you can further try to remedy the graphical portion of your ENB setup by going through this guide and making sure your settings are ideal for your system.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74427/?

lol.

You still have all the crashy stuff I suggested you should get rid of, like 8 months ago.

Protip: I wasn't  telling you to get rid of it because I don't like it or I'm triggered by it, cause I don't have to play your game, I have mine.

I was suggesting it because it's either from a time period when bad mods were fine because no one knew what the hell they were doing in regard to papyrus and the CK or because it was from an author like icecreamassassin or scrabbulor that refuses to fix their broken stuff, because they don't really care about anyone's mod but their own.

Also did you make sure your old stuff has been TESVEdit batched with USLEEP, cause you have mods that haven't updated since USLEEP was a thing that require the USKP.

Also your load order is a clusterfuck, and those two whiterun mods probably don't like each other.

Generally: 

UI+menus

Quests

Locations

Quests with Navmeshes

Locations with altered navmeshes

NPCs

Armor and outfits and gear

Animations

Behavior mods

Physics

Skeletons 

Bashed and level list and merged patches 

Also HDT HH will randomly crash for no raisin, and there is no fix other than not using it, converting to Nio HH works for some outfits, but not for all, and Nio HH has it's own issues as well, just way less than hdt HH.

LOL!   Thanks for your input once again 27X.  So what "crashy" stuff are you referring to?  Last time you basically told me to use no mods if I recall correctly. LOL! 

I don't believe I have any really "old" mods installed (OK, maybe a few), as I thought I had the most recent updates available - for whatever THAT'S worth. 

"did you make sure your old stuff has been batched with USLEEP"  I don't really understand what that means or how to go about doing that. And if my load order is a clusterfuck, it's due to Loot. The two Whiterun .esps are the same mod. Why the two esps, I have no idea (didn't look at them).

I can't even get out of the prison. When I go to change cells, BAM!   And I just changed (after this crashing started) my ENB. but if my ENB were the problem, I would think the game wouldn't even start.

I can't even get out of the prison. When I go to change cells, BAM!   And I just changed (after this crashing started) my ENB. but if my ENB were the problem, I would think the game wouldn't even start.

This is not the case.. and this issue has come up before for the same reason with the same results.

If you need further sources on the subject to verify that I am not pulling anything out of my nethers I can provide.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4611100-alternate-start-ctd-when-activating-bed/

The test is simple enough.  Edit your enblocal as instructed and see if it changes anything.  If not, then you can continue banging your face against the monitor.   Good luck.

This is not the case.. and this issue has come up before for the same reason with the same results.

If you need further sources on the subject to verify that I am not pulling anything out of my nethers I can provide.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4611100-alternate-start-ctd-when-activating-bed/

The test is simple enough.  Edit your enblocal as instructed and see if it changes anything.  If not, then you can continue banging your face against the monitor.   Good luck.

LOL!  "...that I am not pulling anything out of my nethers"   Nah, I didn't think THAT dude!  Well, I tried the test and I at least got out of the prison!  But this just turned off my ENB, correct?  So now what?  Sorry, I'm a little slow...

Funny, never had this issue before. Hmmm...

LOL!  "...that I am not pulling anything out of my nethers"   Nah, I didn't think THAT dude!  Well, I tried the test and I at least got out of the prison!  But this just turned off my ENB, correct?  So now what?  Sorry, I'm a little slow...

It's ok to be slow on this stuff.  It can be very confusing, and there is a lot to take in sometimes.

First revert the changes you made to test the issue (switch back to the original ENBLocal.ini)

Then we need to determine the ENB you are using right now.  Most ENB authors will provide additional instructions on tweaking the enblocal.ini file to match your system settings.

Every system is different, and you need to make sure your memory settings and such match your system.  If it does not match, this can lead to issues.

Review the STEP instructions on this http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory

Follow their instructions and recommendations carefully.

- NOTE  they are referring to the section of your ENBLOCAL.INI under [memory]

- specifically we are most concerned with the VideoMemorySizemb and the ReservedMemorysizeMB

It's ok to be slow on this stuff.  It can be very confusing, and there is a lot to take in sometimes.

First revert the changes you made to test the issue (switch back to the original ENBLocal.ini)

Then we need to determine the ENB you are using right now.  Most ENB authors will provide additional instructions on tweaking the enblocal.ini file to match your system settings.

Every system is different, and you need to make sure your memory settings and such match your system.  If it does not match, this can lead to issues.

Review the STEP instructions on this http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory

Follow their instructions and recommendations carefully.

- NOTE  they are referring to the section of your ENBLOCAL.INI under [memory]

- specifically we are most concerned with the VideoMemorySizemb and the ReservedMemorysizeMB

I get all the ENB setup shit and always follow any install instructions. I had been using PureVision, but for the hell of it, I blew out my ENB, started a new game, got to and went through Embershard and on the way out, crashed.  Arrgghh...  ...this is beyond ridiculous.

Below is my latest log.

Papyrus.0.log

Well you are probably running into a variety of problems.  IE.. ENB issues preventing leaving the start cell, now crashing after embershard.

I would start by making sure your settings and memory issues are addressed first to see if that resolves some of your issues.

To do so I would do the following

- INSTALL http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/? SKSE preloader

- INSTALL http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/ Crash Fixes

- EDIT Crashfixplugin.ini   - Find "UseOSAllocators=0" Change to "UseOSAllocators=1"

Run skyrim and watch for errors spit out by crash fixes for further information.

A few things to check

- Make sure nothing is overriding your XPMSE Skeleton files.

- Make sure custom npcs are using XPMSE skeletons

- Make sure you have run FNIS and enabled the exported files

- Consider making a bashed patch

- consider resolving conflicts using TESVEdit.

Well you are probably running into a variety of problems.  IE.. ENB issues preventing leaving the start cell, now crashing after embershard.

I would start by making sure your settings and memory issues are addressed first to see if that resolves some of your issues.

To do so I would do the following

- INSTALL http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/? SKSE preloader

- INSTALL http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/ Crash Fixes

- EDIT Crashfixplugin.ini   - Find "UseOSAllocators=0" Change to "UseOSAllocators=1"

Run skyrim and watch for errors spit out by crash fixes for further information.

A few things to check

- Make sure nothing is overriding your XPMSE Skeleton files.

- Make sure custom npcs are using XPMSE skeletons

- Make sure you have run FNIS and enabled the exported files

- Consider making a bashed patch

- consider resolving conflicts using TESVEdit.

Thanks for your assistance with all this, it's appreciated greatly!

Well, I decided that something was just fucked up somewhere, uninstalled all my mods via NMM, blew out my game and did a fresh install. I did install Crash Fixes, SKSE Preloader and then started getting the ol' "FootIK" bug problem when continuing the game. That was resolved with "Continue Game No Crash" mod. I also installed a new(er) ENB "True Vision", which so far I like very much. Things seem to be going along smoothly now.

But - and I dunno if this is a Win10 issue only - I'm capping at around 30FPS.  I've got an 17-7700K, 16G and a 1080 w/8G. I should be running at 130, not 30 :)  I've read about a Win 10 4G RAM cap thing, but is there anything one can do about this that you know of?  Regarding the enblocal ini, Boris' VRamTest says I should set  VideoMemorySizeMb  to  4064, but man, that seems so low. Nobody knows ENB better than Boris, but 4064?  Any thoughts on this?

I would cap it at 60.  Skyrim physics is based on fps for some odd reason.  FPS fluctuations up to 130 can cause oddities in game.

There could be other bottlenecks to your fps.   You can set your FPS cap in your enblocal.ini under the limiter heading. Make sure it is not capped at 30.

I would cap it at 60.  Skyrim physics is based on fps for some odd reason.  FPS fluctuations up to 130 can cause oddities in game.

There could be other bottlenecks to your fps.   You can set your FPS cap in your enblocal.ini under the limiter heading. Make sure it is not capped at 30.

No, it's capped at 60. Guess I'll try a new post. Maybe someone can figure out why I'm running at only 30. Thanks!

Your FPS being capped at 30 can be caused by a number of things. I'd go over all your ini's and make sure something didnt get buggered up by Geforce Experience. It's known to change ini settings for games. In Nvidia control panel, you can go to manage 3D settings than to program settings on the right and look for /add Skyrim's exe. It might take a minute or two for it to scan your PC. Scroll down to Vertical Sync and try On or Fast. You will have to disable V Sync in your ini's if you use this method, as Nvidia Control Panel is now controlling it.

Your FPS being capped at 30 can be caused by a number of things. I'd go over all your ini's and make sure something didnt get buggered up by Geforce Experience. It's known to change ini settings for games. In Nvidia control panel, you can go to manage 3D settings than to program settings on the right and look for /add Skyrim's exe. It might take a minute or two for it to scan your PC. Scroll down to Vertical Sync and try On or Fast. You will have to disable V Sync in your ini's if you use this method, as Nvidia Control Panel is now controlling it.

Been there, done that...   :s