Windows 10 texmod issues

vortexlobal

Hey guys I seem to be having a problem with Texmod working properly on Tomb Raider 2013 with the white t shirt mod.  It used to work fine on Win 8 before i upgraded my pc to win 10 and a gtx 1080 card.  Someone tried to help me out (last month i think) and said i needed to install direct x 9 files that would make the games work.  I have installed the files, and texmod loads the game up, but none of the skins seem to change in the game.  This used to work fine before upgrading.  I am sure that I am not the only one that has had this issue with games no longer accepting skin mods for texmod.  I have googled extensively but have been unable to find something that really says how to fix this issue (outside of rolling back to win 8) any suggestions? am i just looking in the wrong places?

Did some Googling. It seems in order for Texmods to show properly on Windows 10, you also need to edit a value in Regedit for Tomb Raider 2013.

Launch the Registry Editor (open the Start Screen/Start Menu, type regedit, hit Enter)

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Tomb Raider\Graphics

Modify RenderAPI value to 9.

It will make the game play in DX9. Your mod should work now.

Found at this link:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=198405

• 7 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 2:47 AM, vortexlobal said:

Hey guys I seem to be having a problem with Texmod working properly on Tomb Raider 2013 with the white t shirt mod.  It used to work fine on Win 8 before i upgraded my pc to win 10 and a gtx 1080 card.  Someone tried to help me out (last month i think) and said i needed to install direct x 9 files that would make the games work.  I have installed the files, and texmod loads the game up, but none of the skins seem to change in the game.  This used to work fine before upgrading.  I am sure that I am not the only one that has had this issue with games no longer accepting skin mods for texmod.  I have googled extensively but have been unable to find something that really says how to fix this issue (outside of rolling back to win 8) any suggestions? am i just looking in the wrong places?

Did you ever solve the issue? I'm having the same issue.

Archived