Panspermia: Proof of Concept?

thesapien

Tardigrades: Adorable Extremophiles

[video=youtube]

Hank explains why NASA and the European Space Agency are in love with tardigrades and how these extremophiles are helping us study the panspermia hypothesis.

...with humor and wit, too, I would add.

Clever, those guys. Tardigrades do seem like something out of Doctor Who. Though I guess, really, it would be the other way around. But, yeah, when I first heard them call it TARDIS, I was like, where did I hear that before... Oh, right, Doctor Who!

The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is a time machine and spacecraft in the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who and its associated spin-offs. A TARDIS is a product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords, an extraterrestrial civilization to which the programme's central character, the Doctor, belongs.

Guest GingerTom

Slightly off topic: I wonder if they have pockets like the Doctor does--have you ever seen him pull stuff out of his pockets? Like a ladder?

His pockets are in another dimension--like the Tardis. :D

Archived