Unable to open DSS file?

Grine

Hey guys...

So this is a weird problem. I regularly work with .dds files and everything is fine when I use photoshop or Gimp however when I try to open the .dds file from the mod below:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41634/?

I am trying to open the files located in this folder:

textures\actors\character\dva\eyes

for these two dds files eyevampire_01glow1.dd & eyevampire_01glow2.dds

But I am unable to open them! Photoshop tells me "Could not complete your request because file-format module cannot parse the file."

I have googled this problem and most cases seem to indicate its a corrupted file. But this mod functions just fine and the textures show up in the game.

So I dont really understand whats going on...

Can someone please test this out and see if they can open the .dds file?

The files are packed in a .dds file and I had to extract them... maybe that's the problem?

Is your photoshop up to date? Missing a plugin or something?

I just tried opening them in both paint.net and GIMP, and they both worked fine.

EDIT: Did you extract the file first, or are you trying to open it directly from the .bsa? I suppose it's possible that photoshop wouldn't like doing that.

yea everything is up to date... hm... do you think you could PM me the textures in eye folder? maybe they get corrupted when I try to extract them from the BSA? I have no problem opening any other dds file. So odd...

What extractor do you use CC?

yea everything is up to date... hm... do you think you could PM me the textures in eye folder? maybe they get corrupted when I try to extract them from the BSA? I have no problem opening any other dds file. So odd...

What extractor do you use CC?

I don't see any problem with that. :)

I use the FO3 Archive Utility. Of all of the BSA extractors out there, it's the only one I've found that can open all of skyrim's vanilla .bsa files without crashing.

Archived